Jaguars Fire Hackett

pwny

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

Can we all agree it was a dumb hire from the beginning? Or is that going to be contentious?

I mean, I'd say he did a solid job last year for the most part.

His scheme is just outdated for the modern NFL. You can't win in this league running constantly with no passing game

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

So the FO can block Marrone from starting Kessler, but can't block him from firing a coach? lol

I mean, I'd say that's a legit possibility. I'm sure Marrone has power to do what he wants with his staff. They are the people he brought in/employed personally.

A QB the FO took top 5 and gave an extension to just a few months ago I would guess would be more likely to be protected from the FO.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, I'd say that's a legit possibility. I'm sure Marrone has power to do what he wants with his staff. They are the people he brought in/employed personally.

A QB the FO took top 5 and gave an extension to just a few months ago I would guess would be more likely to be protected from the FO.

But if the coach he wants to fire wants to start the QB they want to start but also who they are planning on moving on from, wouldn't it benefit them to block it?

I just wanna see how deep this goes. Are there cameras in Marrone's office like what Todd Haley claimed of Scott Pioli?

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This may not even be what is happening. But let's not act like it hasn't happened elsewhere before.

If Marrone sits Bortles against what Coughlin/Caldwell or whoever up top doesn't want him sat, it could cost him his job.

It's clear as day Bortles has the yips and can't do anything. You need the defense to stop the other team every drive and Fournette to go Superman like yesterday to win games when your QB can't hit a guy 5 yards from the LOS.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This may not even be what is happening. But let's not act like it hasn't happened elsewhere before.

If Marrone sits Bortles against what Coughlin/Caldwell or whoever up top doesn't want him sat, it could cost him his job.

It's clear as day Bortles has the yips and can't do anything. You need the defense to stop the other team every drive and Fournette to go Superman like yesterday to win games when your QB can't hit a guy 5 yards from the LOS.

It may be what is happening, but spewing it as fact and posting Zach's conspiracy theories is how misinformation happens.

Archived