Jaguars fire OC Nathaniel Hackett

TheKillerNacho

11 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Is Bortles going to be retained into 2019? What's his contract situation like?

He can but cut at the beginning of the 2019 league year for a net savings of ~$4.5 million. The savings would be higher if designated as a post June 1 cut.

If he is cut prior to the beginning of the league year, it would be a new loss of ~$16.5 million (for those who think we should cut him right now... yeah, not happening).

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Agreed. Taven Bryan wasn't a need, outside of replacing Malik Jackson or Calais Campbell next season. That pick would have been better served on Lamar Jackson.

(I know I'll catch fire for suggesting this).

They ABSOLUTELY should have taken Jackson over a project DT. I may be a Lamar and a Raven fanboy, but at that point in the draft even if you think the chance of Jackson becoming a franchise QB is like 20%, it is so worth the gamble for the potential reward. Even if you only get a couple super run heavy great years under a cheap rookie contract like Kaep or pre-injury RG3, that could be enough for that roster to grab a title. At the very least it keeps them exciting with Leonard Fournette in the Gus Edwards role going for like 200 yards ( before he throws himself out of a game).

Biggest mistake of the offseason, by any team.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Bortles has completed 15 passes beyond 10 yards in his last 6 games. 

Wow... I mean... wow. 

What does next season look like? Fitzpatrick? Winston? Drew Lock or Will Grier? 

Does Bortles get a gig as a backup somewhere else? Does anyone other than Hackett get fired?

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Any word on who will be the interim OC or if Marrone will assume that role?

Scott Milanovich.

Former Toronto Argonauts HC and OC. Worked under Trestman in the CFL in Montreal for a number of years. 

He is a very smart and innovative guy but I have no idea how this will go but I hope he does well and gets the job permanently. 

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wow... I mean... wow. 

What does next season look like? Fitzpatrick? Winston? Drew Lock or Will Grier? 

Does Bortles get a gig as a backup somewhere else? Does anyone other than Hackett get fired?

I don’t know my friend. If Bortles goes, Caldwell has to go too right? 

No way they would be able to find an OC if they force Bortles onto that OC. And what GM survives missing on a QB selected top 5? I can’t believe they have given Blake 5 years. 

I personally would want Teddy and draft one.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Whoever was doing that needs to be shot to the sun.

There were quality games he coached last year, for sure. But they seemed to only come when Fournette was out. Any time Fournette was in, he called a 1970’s style offense the majority of every game.

I am paraphrasing but in 2013 when he was asked how he plans to use Fred Jackson and Spiller and he said, when in doubt give a ball to a back and run them till they puke.

Archived