GDT: Boys v the dead French evangelists

Matts4313

When told of how the Saints offensive line has been talked-up as being a difference for their team, Lawrence quickly pointed out that the Cowboys defensive line has also been "talked-up as being a difference."

"They're going to have to match our intensity," Lawrence added. "[Expletive], for 60 minutes straight, if you hit a [expletive] in the mouth and then they ain't doing what they're regularly doing, putting up 50 points, they start to get a little distressed. Now, you got them where you want them at, and then you [expletive] choke their *** out."

Lawrence went on to say that the game is life or death to him because personally, "it means too much."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/11/27/demarcus-lawrence-drops-expletives-explaining-saints-o-line-match-intensity

On 11/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, Matts4313 said:

Who dat is a dumb chant. Your QB is short. And his powers hold no authority in Texas. LVE is going to eat Kamara alive. Byron Jones is going to make M Thomas.... Well I dont know, I dont think we will stop Thomas

1) The only thing Brees is short on is losses to the Cowboys. He's from Austin, he loves winning in Texas!
2) The only one in this league that can slow down Kamara is Sean Payton. LVE is going to ask Kamara for his jersey after the game.
3) Now you're catching on. Can't guard Mike!

Notes of interest from a Saints perspective:
1) I'll be interested to see how our (on paper) #1 rush defense does against Kettle Boy. Dude is for real, and could be the absolute difference maker in this game. He has me nervous.
2) If we can rattle Dak, game over. If we can't, and he gets scrambling holes, that will just add to Elliots games. A bit scary.
3) Dak can't hit Cooper if we unsettle him, so this goes back, in part, to #2
4) If the Saints can play the 'Boys like they played the Rams, it should be no contest.
5) Gotta keep Brees clean & upright. If we do that, the rest will click.

Lots of ifs in there. I'll be interested in how your defense approaches this game. Obviously with heavy pressure and blitzes, but how do you cover if you blitz? 

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

1) The only thing Brees is short on is losses to the Cowboys. He's from Austin, he loves winning in Texas!
2) The only one in this league that can slow down Kamara is Sean Payton. LVE is going to ask Kamara for his jersey after the game.
3) Now you're catching on. Can't guard Mike!

Notes of interest from a Saints perspective:
1) I'll be interested to see how our (on paper) #1 rush defense does against Kettle Boy. Dude is for real, and could be the absolute difference maker in this game. He has me nervous.
2) If we can rattle Dak, game over. If we can't, and he gets scrambling holes, that will just add to Elliots games. A bit scary.
3) Dak can't hit Cooper if we unsettle him, so this goes back, in part, to #2
4) If the Saints can play the 'Boys like they played the Rams, it should be no contest.
5) Gotta keep Brees clean & upright. If we do that, the rest will click.

Lots of ifs in there. I'll be interested in how your defense approaches this game. Obviously with heavy pressure and blitzes, but how do you cover if you blitz? 

We rarely blitz. We get pressure with our front 4 most the time. When we do blitz, its normally our LBs on a run blitz or our slot CB on a traditional blitz.

PS: Kamaras nose ring looks really dumb. 

PPS: So does Zekes though

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

When told of how the Saints offensive line has been talked-up as being a difference for their team, Lawrence quickly pointed out that the Cowboys defensive line has also been "talked-up as being a difference."

"They're going to have to match our intensity," Lawrence added. "[Expletive], for 60 minutes straight, if you hit a [expletive] in the mouth and then they ain't doing what they're regularly doing, putting up 50 points, they start to get a little distressed. Now, you got them where you want them at, and then you [expletive] choke their *** out."

Lawrence went on to say that the game is life or death to him because personally, "it means too much."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/11/27/demarcus-lawrence-drops-expletives-explaining-saints-o-line-match-intensity

Not sure I believe any part of this team is good enough to be jawing as such, but whatever. 

This is way way putting the cart before the horse - - But *if* we make the playoffs and *if* we have to play either the Saints or Rams...... I would 100% rather play in LA where we would have home field advantage over the Rams (in their stadium) then play in NOLA. 

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

And all TJ Watt has done has done this year is 10 sacks 4 FF and 50 tackles. So glad JG got his way that year drafting 1st.

TJ Watt plays a different position. But your point still stands.

What is the JG quip at the end though? Link to back that up?

Archived