GDT: Boys v the dead French evangelists

Matts4313

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Payton painted our logo on the Saints practice field... and all I can think is.... Why tho?

Right? Are the players to be intimidated by our stadium that they need the star on the practice field to get used to it? Is he trying to fire them up about playing Dallas?

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Right? Are the players to be intimidated by our stadium that they need the star on the practice field to get used to it? Is he trying to fire them up about playing Dallas?

It just seems weird. We are barely a winning team and our stadium is notoriously docile. Ive never heard of a coach doing something like that before. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Payton painted our logo on the Saints practice field... and all I can think is.... Why tho?

To make them hate us I guess. Probably couldn't find anything else better to motivate them. Might be a compliment that Payton might think of us as a real threat.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm guessing for familiarity. Kind of like piping in crowd noise and wearing the same uniform colors, just to keep things consistent.

Being a former Cowboy staffer, Payton doesn't want to lose in Dallas more than he doesn't want to lose anywhere else.

6 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm guessing for familiarity. Kind of like piping in crowd noise and wearing the same uniform colors, just to keep things consistent.

Being a former Cowboy staffer, Payton doesn't want to lose in Dallas more than he doesn't want to lose anywhere else.

Payton isnt just a former Cowboy. It seems to pop up every couple years that he has ties to coming back. Probably all BS though.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

TJ Watt plays a different position. But your point still stands.

What is the JG quip at the end though? Link to back that up?

The big thing about Watt though is that he fit the Maranelli mold of a DE perfectly being both undersized and very quick off the edge. And in the Steelers defense he is a situational pass rusher much in the same way he would be in ours splitting time with Gregory who is doing very well.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

The big thing about Watt though is that he fit the Maranelli mold of a DE perfectly being both undersized and very quick off the edge. And in the Steelers defense he is a situational pass rusher much in the same way he would be in ours splitting time with Gregory who is doing very well.

Bingo. But I can't talk. I wanted Tyus Bowser but was overall underwhelmed but everyone. TJ Watt was the right choice there though.

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

I wanted Carl Lawson.

I thought you were a TJ Watt guy that year. I remember really liking Lawsons' size, school, and production but being turned off by his injury history. He basically only played as a freshman and his 4th year at Auburn. ACL and hip injury already and he was still a pup. But he did great his rookie year.

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I thought you were a TJ Watt guy that year. I remember really liking Lawsons' size, school, and production but being turned off by his injury history. He basically only played as a freshman and his 4th year at Auburn. ACL and hip injury already and he was still a pup. But he did great his rookie year.

I liked Watt, a lot. Lawson was another favorite. 

This is kinda what our team would look like if I were in charge since 2010. Of course I never have the option to trade and some of my picks may have changed based on what I picked the year before. For instance, I wanted Zack Martin in 2014 but Idk if I'd still go that direction if I had taken Decastro in 2012 like I wanted. But Martin was BPA, and I wouldn't have Frederick so I probably would:

2010: Kyle Wilson CB (traded up for Dez Bryant)

2011: Tyron Smith OT 

2012: David DeCastro OG (traded up for Morris Claiborne)

2013: Sharrif Floyd DT (Traded back for Travis Frederick)

2014: Zack Martin 

2015: Malcolm Brown DT (selected Byron Jones)

2016: Ezekiel Elliott HB

2017: Tyus Bowser edge (selected Taco Charlton)

2018: Harold Landry DE (selected LVE) and I would have taken Evans over LVE if I were strong armed out of selecting a DE again which started to happen as the draft drew near.

Interesting.

I'd have gone....

2010 - Dez
2011 - Smith
2012 - Courtney Upshaw [eww]
2013 - Kawann Short
2014 - Martin . . .but I' also wonder if Bridgewater would have been too much to pass up. 
2015 - Jones 
2016 - Ramsey . . . David Johnson would have been 2nd rd in 2015.
2017 - Njoku
2018 - James Daniels . . . maybe DJ Moore

Archived