GDT: Boys v the dead French evangelists

Matts4313

23 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

And yet...the won. Despite ALL that. No Lee. No Smith.

This is not a game the Dallas Cowboys typically win.

Amazing. Not enough good things can be said.

It should stay that way. As in Lee should remain on the bench (unless he's replacing Wilson). 

Blasphemy I know, but I don't want Smith or LVE off the field. 

9 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

It should stay that way. As in Lee should remain on the bench (unless he's replacing Wilson). 

Blasphemy I know, but I don't want Smith or LVE off the field. 

At this point I don’t think we can take smith or LVE off the field. 

I loved romo, but Dak’s rookie season earned him the start. 

I love Lee, but LVE’s rookie season is earning him the playing time.

Not going to read all of your guys thread form when I last read at page like 8, but good game.  I wish I didn't have to mention the horrendous officiating that happened in this game, it hit both sides though I think it went more against the Saints, but you guys still 100% deserved the win because regardless of the refs the Saints were still in a position to win and they didn't.  So bravo, good luck in the playoffs, I hope you beat the Rams and have to play the Saints in the Superdome so we can return the favor.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

Not going to read all of your guys thread form when I last read at page like 8, but good game.  I wish I didn't have to mention the horrendous officiating that happened in this game, it hit both sides though I think it went more against the Saints, but you guys still 100% deserved the win because regardless of the refs the Saints were still in a position to win and they didn't.  So bravo, good luck in the playoffs, I hope you beat the Rams and have to play the Saints in the Superdome so we can return the favor.

I wouldn’t want to face Brees in the Superdome. 

How about this instead. We play the Rams, win. Buuuuut......

You guys play (insert team) and Brees plays like he did tonight, Saints lose. Cowboys don’t have to play saints and go on to win the Super Bowl. 

... I can wish. Right?

7 minutes ago, anthbes said:

I wouldn’t want to face Brees in the Superdome. 

How about this instead. We play the Rams, win. Buuuuut......

You guys play (insert team) and Brees plays like he did tonight, Saints lose. Cowboys don’t have to play saints and go on to win the Super Bowl. 

... I can wish. Right?

You can wish, but Brees is likely to retire after next year, can the Saints please have their 2nd Super Bowl because unless we get some amazing QB replacement I don't know if I'll see another SB in my lifetime.  You guys already hve what 5 Super Bowls and you have the players for the future including at a minimum an Eli Manning caliber QB, you got a chance for a SB in teh future, we might be donezo.

42 minutes ago, Raves said:

You can wish, but Brees is likely to retire after next year, can the Saints please have their 2nd Super Bowl because unless we get some amazing QB replacement I don't know if I'll see another SB in my lifetime.  You guys already hve what 5 Super Bowls and you have the players for the future including at a minimum an Eli Manning caliber QB, you got a chance for a SB in teh future, we might be donezo.

tenor.gif

This is our year, buddy. We were 5 years old when we last won. It doesn't even count. Just ask an Eagles fan.

4 minutes ago, anthbes said:
5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

tenor.gif

This is our year, buddy. We were 5 years old when we last won. It doesn't even count. Just ask an Eagles fan.

The gif game is strong in this one. 

Definitely a strong gif game, but unless the Saints get another top QB (so hoping for some way to weasel Haskins if he declares this year), they will likely fade into obscurity even with all their young talent for the next 30 years.  I could see the Cowboys still competing over the next 5-6 years due to the fact that they aren't reliant on high priced mercenaries like the Rams are so their only real competiton will be the team coming out of the AFC because I don't see a good team in the NFC in the long term outside of the Rams, Bears, Cowboys, and Eagles and I would put the Cowboys ahead of the rest due to their overall youth.

Also loved that movie...

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Definitely a strong gif game, but unless the Saints get another top QB (so hoping for some way to weasel Haskins if he declares this year), they will likely fade into obscurity even with all their young talent for the next 30 years.  I could see the Cowboys still competing over the next 5-6 years due to the fact that they aren't reliant on high priced mercenaries like the Rams are so their only real competiton will be the team coming out of the AFC because I don't see a good team in the NFC in the long term outside of the Rams, Bears, Cowboys, and Eagles and I would put the Cowboys ahead of the rest due to their overall youth.

Also loved that movie...

Well, at least we all agree.

But to cheer you up:

1. You are still a SB front runner this year.

2. Things may have been different if in the Superdome tonight, and it appears we would have to play there if we were to meet in the playoffs. 

3. Last time we destroyed your fantasy regular(2009) season you DID win the SB.

4. Every year is a new one. I know it feels like Drew Brees is your only life line, and once he's gone it's over, but I can assure you that you can get a new one. Or a solid D that enables you not to need one(Dak). Unless you are 120 years old I'd say, hold the faith.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Well, at least we all agree.

But to cheer you up:

1. You are still a SB front runner this year.

2. Things may have been different if in the Superdome tonight, and it appears we would have to play there if we were to meet in the playoffs. 

3. Last time we destroyed your fantasy regular(2009) season you DID win the SB.

4. Every year is a new one. I know it feels like Drew Brees is your only life line, and once he's gone it's over, but I can assure you that you can get a new one. Or a solid D that enables you not to need one. Unless you are 120 years old I'd say, hold the faith.

4)  Based on how my body feels after years of abuse through sports and the military, I might as well be 120 y/o even though I'm trying a new diet and down 30 lbs in the past 1 1/2 months.  Also our D although tons of potential, has shown numerous times it isn't good enough and with the way the league is heading, unless the refs decide to swallow their whistles it doesn't work the majority of the time unless you have a generational talent.

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

even though I'm trying a new diet and down 30 lbs in the past 1 1/2 months.  

See. You are going to be around long after Brees is gone(as long as you keep it up). Lots of good QBs coming the next 3 years

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

See. You are going to be around long after Brees is gone(as long as you keep it up). Lots of good QBs coming the next 3 years

You realize that hope is a death sentence to Saints fans right?  We are now going to lose every game for the rest of the season, Brees is going to retire, we aren't going to have a QB and we won't have a winning record until I pass away.  I might as well quit my diet now so we might have success again.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

You realize that hope is a death sentence to Saints fans right?  We are now going to lose every game for the rest of the season, Brees is going to retire, we aren't going to have a QB and we won't have a winning record until I pass away.  I might as well quit my diet now so we might have success again.

I've been alive long enough to see both of us win the SB.

But I was older win you did it. So my memory of your SB is more clear.

I want a new one.

Archived