Kliff Kingsbury: The Cowboys Next OC?

D82

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Seems more like speculation than rumors at this point. Has anyone reported that the Cowboys actually have interest? Or just that it would make sense for them to be interested?

That said, I think this makes an insane amount of sense if Garrett is able to save his job for next year.

Rumors. Speculation. You say tomato, I say tomata. 

Someone brought up the idea of us hiring him as a consultant for the remainder of this year just to see how he'd work with our current personnel and with Garrett.  

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Rumors. Speculation. You say tomato, I say tomata. 

Someone brought up the idea of us hiring him as a consultant for the remainder of this year just to see how he'd work with our current personnel and with Garrett.  

Whatever you want to call it, there is a significant difference between some dudes on the internet saying that it would make sense, and someone with inside information saying the Cowboys may actually be interested. So far it seems like the former.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Whatever you want to call it, there is a significant difference between some dudes on the internet saying that it would make sense, and someone with inside information saying the Cowboys may actually be interested. So far it seems like the former.

Ok, fair. Mainly just speculation at this point. It does, however, make a lot of sense. 

So we ditch an experienced Scott Linehan for an inexperienced one? I am intrigued but I've seen nothing on his resume to suggest he could success back to this offense. He may improve Dak but would that be worth it if he cancels out Zeke cause he doesnt fit the air raid offense?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

So we ditch an experienced Scott Linehan for an inexperienced one? I am intrigued but I've seen nothing on his resume to suggest he could success back to this offense. He may improve Dak but would that be worth it if he cancels out Zeke cause he doesnt fit the air raid offense?

The Air-raid style has helped Gurley a lot.

I still say Kliff for QB Coach, but seems unlikely as he will get much bigger gig for sure. 

tbh though, I think if the wheels come off and Dallas is looking for a new OC, they'll be looking for a new HC first. Which if I could get Chris Peterson as HC, I'd be totally on board with Kingsbury as OC. 

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I don’t trust that given Kliff’s history as a play caller. I fully agree that he is better suited as a coordinator and is a brilliant young offensive mind, but my fundamental concern with him is his historic underutilization of the running game. 

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

THIS. 100% THIS.

Archived