Kliff Kingsbury: The Cowboys Next OC?

D82

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's being suggested that if our offense struggles tonight, Kliff is a Cowboy, if we are successful he will sign with USC - that deal is already in place and just pending the outcome of tonight.

Lol

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think even as much as @plan9misfit hates him, even he would agree that Kliff would have a net-positive impact on Dak. Even if just for a few weeks. He needs a QB coach. So obvious. 

There’s no doubt in my mind that he’d be a HUGE help to Quincy and his game. Quincy needs a real QB coach, and his lack of pocket awareness is direct proof of that.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Well... our 13 point offense sucked tonight. So I guess Kliff is a Cowboy.

I'll give LInehan credit. He called a much better game tonight...but, I think it's clear if we want Prescott to progress he isn't the guy to get it done.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Well... our 13 point offense sucked tonight. So I guess Kliff is a Cowboy.

Just curious, had we decided to pound the rock in that final 2 minutes and ran it up to 20... would that have made a difference in your mind in how our offense did?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Just curious, had we decided to pound the rock in that final 2 minutes and ran it up to 20... would that have made a difference in your mind in how our offense did?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but...no. It wouldn't have.

They did much better tonight, but still left points on the board. The offense has potential, and as I said above I give Linehan credit for calling a better game tonight...but I think it's clear Dak has areas he needs to get better at for this team to reach where it should be - and SL isn't the guy to do it, IMO. 

15 minutes ago, D82 said:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but...no. It wouldn't have.

They did much better tonight, but still left points on the board. The offense has potential, and as I said above I give Linehan credit for calling a better game tonight...but I think it's clear Dak has areas he needs to get better at for this team to reach where it should be - and SL isn't the guy to do it, IMO. 

Agree that SL is not the one to progress us. I was just asking about the offensive output. To be honest, the offense did better than the 13 points reflect. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Dak to Gallup, the fumble, the kneel downs... If we didnt implode we probably put up more like 20-27 points. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Agree that SL is not the one to progress us. I was just asking about the offensive output. To be honest, the offense did better than the 13 points reflect. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Dak to Gallup, the fumble, the kneel downs... If we didnt implode we probably put up more like 20-27 points. 

Agreed, execution (or lack thereof) on the part of the players hurt us...but I feel like some of that has to do with coaching. Dak has areas he needs to get better in, and I think once he does, the execution of plays will improve. 

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

But we didn't because Scott hates Zeke and all that he stands for.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Now that we have Cooper, admittedly, we are moving the ball between the 20s better.

But our redzone offense needs a drastic overhaul and paradigm shift.

BEHOLD - one of the biggest critics has become a acolyte of Cooper. 

(This is one of my favorite stories about Cooper, BTW) 

Archived