Dwayne Haskins

brownie man

Where will Haskins be drafted if he comes out?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he be drafted?

• Number 1 pick overall
    • Top 16
    • First Round
    • 2nd Round
    • Later

15 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah he's never been shy to move up as needed.   Unless JAX moves up to 1.2, I think Gettleman does what it takes to get his guy - as long as he's sold on Haskins, I'd put $ on him being a G-man.   It's more a Q of whether or not he's sold on Haskins (I think he will be, but obvious hard to know for sure).

His press conference this year, especially regarding the QB situation, was so much different than the one last year. I'm willing to bet Eli gets a serious challenge this year, and it would make sense if it was from someone like Haskins. He fits the mold to a T of what Shurmur wants in his quarterbacks. The problem right now with moving up for him is there is a "who blinks first" situation between NYG, JAX, and potentially TB, depending on what Arians wants to do there. If you trade up first, it better be to that first pick. For instance, the Giants moving to 2 for Haskins only to watch the Jags move to 1 would be devastating. Cardinals should be looking to move out- they've got a lot of holes and they took their QB last year.

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

His press conference this year, especially regarding the QB situation, was so much different than the one last year. I'm willing to bet Eli gets a serious challenge this year, and it would make sense if it was from someone like Haskins. He fits the mold to a T of what Shurmur wants in his quarterbacks. The problem right now with moving up for him is there is a "who blinks first" situation between NYG, JAX, and potentially TB, depending on what Arians wants to do there. If you trade up first, it better be to that first pick. For instance, the Giants moving to 2 for Haskins only to watch the Jags move to 1 would be devastating. Cardinals should be looking to move out- they've got a lot of holes and they took their QB last year.

The Glazers already made it clear Winston is back for next year, they are super-loyal to him.   There's zero doubt in my mind that Arians was hired with the understanding it's his job to oversee Winston's 5th year.   And TAM needs CB or EDGE or OT way more, and can get one of those needs addressed very nicely and not by overreaching on the BPA list too much, either (OT probably the biggest reach, but not terrible).

Really, to me, it comes down to NYG/JAX blinking first.   They have leverage over the other teams behind them, the gap between 5-6 and 10 & 13 & 15 (DEN, MIA, WAS) is just so great value-wise, they only have to match the rest of what that next tier offers to beat them.   Gettleman's shown if he wants Haskins, he will be unafraid to do what it takes to get him.  Normally, that would be 1.1, but in this case, with 3-4 teams all needing EDGE at the 2-5 spot and not looking for QB (only wildcard is OAK), 1.1 looks to be the Bosa bidding war, it's just a matter of how high after that you need to get Haskins - 2,3,4 or 5 (I don't see 1.6 getting it done, not with NYG, JAX & WAS all desperate for QB, and JAX/WAS with cap realities pushing them to address via draft, and yes, even us, but Keenum's situation complicates things for Elway to try and beat NYG/JAX, don't see it happening).

10 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Why not the Broncos? I think he’s worth the trade up from 10 to 2 or 1. 

Has a team ever traded out of the #1 pick that far down? That's the biggest thing to me. The compensation would be huge, and even still, I don't know if you're the Cards that you want to take yourself out of the elite prospects in this draft. So while the Broncos may be willing to pony up the compensation, I have to wonder if the Cards would have that much interest in moving down that far. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Has a team ever traded out of the #1 pick that far down? That's the biggest thing to me. The compensation would be huge, and even still, I don't know if you're the Cards that you want to take yourself out of the elite prospects in this draft. So while the Broncos may be willing to pony up the compensation, I have to wonder if the Cards would have that much interest in moving down that far. 

The Rams moved from 15 to 1 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Never seen this before. I'm about it though. 

Did the same thing on IG with the Jags and tagged Ramsey and Ngakoue.

Think he may have posted a jersey swap with CIN and DEN too.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Did the same thing on IG with the Jags and tagged Ramsey and Ngakoue.

Think he may have posted a jersey swap with CIN and DEN too.

He grew up a Giants fan. Even if he says all the right things, going to the Giants would no doubt be his ultimate dream come true.

1 hour ago, w4rrior723 said:

He grew up a Giants fan. Even if he says all the right things, going to the Giants would no doubt be his ultimate dream come true.

Ok?

Every player grew up a fan of some team I'm sure and ideally would probably like to play for said team.

All I'm saying is it's not like he's just showing love for NYG. Dude followed a few of Jags players/official Jags account and posted a jersey swap of them too for example.

Think it's going to be a dream come true to be drafted wherever it is 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Ok?

Every player grew up a fan of some team I'm sure and ideally would probably like to play for said team.

All I'm saying is it's not like he's just showing love for NYG. Dude followed a few of Jags players/official Jags account nd posted a jersey swap of them too for example. Not really a big deal one way or another.

Everything you're saying is true. Of course he would be happy to play for the Jags or any of team. I'm not disputing that. But let's not pretend there isn't an added level of excitement and satisfaction when you get to play for the team you grew up a fan of. That's all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Everything you're saying is true. Of course he would be happy to play for the Jags or any of team. I'm not disputing that. But let's not pretend there isn't an added level of excitement and satisfaction when you get to play for the team you grew up a fan of. That's all I'm saying.

Never said otherwise, just replying to the post showing Haskins putting up a pic of him in an NYG jersey and said he did that for all QB needy teams. Didn't sound/look like they knew that.

Not really too eye opening/crazy when you take that into account. Pretty normal for a kid excited about the NFL and linking obvious teams who need QBs.

15 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The Glazers already made it clear Winston is back for next year, they are super-loyal to him.   There's zero doubt in my mind that Arians was hired with the understanding it's his job to oversee Winston's 5th year.   And TAM needs CB or EDGE or OT way more, and can get one of those needs addressed very nicely and not by overreaching on the BPA list too much, either (OT probably the biggest reach, but not terrible).

Really, to me, it comes down to NYG/JAX blinking first.   They have leverage over the other teams behind them, the gap between 5-6 and 10 & 13 & 15 (DEN, MIA, WAS) is just so great value-wise, they only have to match the rest of what that next tier offers to beat them.   Gettleman's shown if he wants Haskins, he will be unafraid to do what it takes to get him.  Normally, that would be 1.1, but in this case, with 3-4 teams all needing EDGE at the 2-5 spot and not looking for QB (only wildcard is OAK), 1.1 looks to be the Bosa bidding war, it's just a matter of how high after that you need to get Haskins - 2,3,4 or 5 (I don't see 1.6 getting it done, not with NYG, JAX & WAS all desperate for QB, and JAX/WAS with cap realities pushing them to address via draft, and yes, even us, but Keenum's situation complicates things for Elway to try and beat NYG/JAX, don't see it happening).

Seems like a reasonable interpretation to me.

I'd add that there are 2 things potentially working against the Jaguars making a big trade-up to get Haskins.

1)All three of the GM, Coach, and "Senior General Football Decider Couglin" have managed to survive laying an absolute egg of a season coming off an AFC Championship appearance the year prior.  But there's gotta be some thin ice there.  Especially for the GM who drafted a failed Top-3 pick QB in Bortles not too long ago.  Uncharted waters for guys surviving a high first round QB bust like that.

If there is that sort of pressure to win in 2019...trading tons of assets (needed to support the QB and replace cap casualties elsewhere) in order to move up for a QB who will be coming in as a pretty "raw" rookie starts too look shakier if the price skyrockets to get Haskins.  They might blink first.

2)Leading from the above...Haskins is a pretty "raw" and "inexperienced" QB prospect.  I'm not sure Coughlin and Caldwell's expressed preferences in QBs, especially high in the draft lean toward effectively 1-year starters like that.  Not that i think they'd rule him out at all.  But it doesn't entirely fit the obvious profile of more "experienced" starters for them.  Not like it does with Gettelman for instance, who has shown he'll grab a "raw" or "inexperienced" 1-year starter guy that he likes as high as it takes.

Of course...the biggest factor in favor of the Jaguars going up to get a guy like Haskins...is that they're absolutely desperate for a QB, right now.  That's a big factor.  They've got nothing, and they also have a roster that looks compete-ready right now.  If Haskins looks to them like the best chance at that...all bets are probably off, and they've got ammunition to make a big splash if they have to.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Seems like a reasonable interpretation to me.

I'd add that there are 2 things potentially working against the Jaguars making a big trade-up to get Haskins.

1)All three of the GM, Coach, and "Senior General Football Decider Couglin" have managed to survive laying an absolute egg of a season coming off an AFC Championship appearance the year prior.  But there's gotta be some thin ice there.  Especially for the GM who drafted a failed Top-3 pick QB in Bortles not too long ago.  Uncharted waters for guys surviving a high first round QB bust like that.

If there is that sort of pressure to win in 2019...trading tons of assets (needed to support the QB and replace cap casualties elsewhere) in order to move up for a QB who will be coming in as a pretty "raw" rookie starts too look shakier if the price skyrockets to get Haskins.  They might blink first.

2)Leading from the above...Haskins is a pretty "raw" and "inexperienced" QB prospect.  I'm not sure Coughlin and Caldwell's expressed preferences in QBs, especially high in the draft lean toward effectively 1-year starters like that.  Not that i think they'd rule him out at all.  But it doesn't entirely fit the obvious profile of more "experienced" starters for them.  Not like it does with Gettelman for instance, who has shown he'll grab a "raw" or "inexperienced" 1-year starter guy that he likes as high as it takes.

Of course...the biggest factor in favor of the Jaguars going up to get a guy like Haskins...is that they're absolutely desperate for a QB, right now.  That's a big factor.  They've got nothing, and they also have a roster that looks compete-ready right now.  If Haskins looks to them like the best chance at that...all bets are probably off, and they've got ammunition to make a big splash if they have to.

This says to me that they will be looking to sign someone with starting NFL experience like Foles or Bridgewater rather than trading up for a QB

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This says to me that they will be looking to sign someone with starting NFL experience like Foles or Bridgewater rather than trading up for a QB

Problem is, that's pricy and while they can clear a lot of room with cuts, they are also losing a ton of snaps by making those cuts. So they are not in a good position cap wise, and in order to get that cap room, they have to cut several meaningful contributors from a win now constructed team

Archived