Dwayne Haskins

brownie man

Where will Haskins be drafted if he comes out?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he be drafted?

• Number 1 pick overall
    • Top 16
    • First Round
    • 2nd Round
    • Later

57 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m willing to bet Haskins goes top 3 overall

It'll be interesting to see how far up teams think that they need to trade. Right now, NYG / Jax are 8 and 9, I think (though I believe the Giants / Bills are flipping a coin right now, so the Giants could be 7), Denver 12, Washington 16. The top 5 definitely don't need quarterbacks (TB at #6 is unlikely to me, but not impossible. Winston no doubt gets next year, but having a potential franchise quarterback behind him in case he continues ot play the exact same wouldn't be the worst idea ever). 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It'll be interesting to see how far up teams think that they need to trade. Right now, NYG / Jax are 8 and 9, I think (though I believe the Giants / Bills are flipping a coin right now, so the Giants could be 7), Denver 12, Washington 16. The top 5 definitely don't need quarterbacks (TB at #6 is unlikely to me, but not impossible. Winston no doubt gets next year, but having a potential franchise quarterback behind him in case he continues ot play the exact same wouldn't be the worst idea ever). 

The price to trade into the top 3 is normally insane from the 8-15 range.  A trade into the 5-6 spot is a lot more affordable. 

With Herbert staying in school someone will likely move up for Haskins if OAK passes for sure.  I doubt JAX would just fall to 7-8.  But how high up a team needs to move seems the real Q for this year.  

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The price to trade into the top 3 is normally insane from the 8-15 range.  A trade into the 5-6 spot is a lot more affordable. 

With Herbert staying in school someone will likely move up for Haskins if OAK passes for sure.  I doubt JAX would just fall to 7-8.  But how high up a team needs to move seems the real Q for this year.  

That is what I said in the 49er forum as well. While Herbert going back to school is actually a good thing for potential trade downs for someone moving up for a quarterback given supply / demand, it's very possible that the 49ers are simply picking too high (#2 / #3 pretty much locked in unless they beat the rams). The Wentz trade was 8 to 2, and look what that yielded...so that may be a prohibitive costs for the Giants / Jags and they may be willing to wait a couple of extra picks before pulling the trigger. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yea that may not be the case this year. Teams may be desperate to move down considering there is no Andrew Luck, or Wentz, etc to move up for. What may cost an extra first to move into may whined up only cost an extra 2nd and 4th possibly. I'm not saying a team will be committing highway robbery. But one of the top teams who may need a QB and other things may be willing to undercut themselves a little to pick up extra picks if they can't get the premiums they are hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think we are more desperate than NY so I'd lean more on us being more likely. NY is probably okay letting Eli play another year whereas we might not be bringing back any QB on our current roster

But Gettelman has shown that he's willing to make good moves up the draft boards to get his guys I'm pretty sure

I'm talking purely as a Buckeye fan here, but I felt like his talents were so frequently misused in the offense. He also didn't have great receivers to work with. 

Haskins is still insanely raw, his potential is completely untapped at this point. He needs to be in a situation where he can sit and learn for a bit, and he needs to be surrounded with talent. I hope his situation is not like Arizona, he'll flame out in a hurry. The foundation needs to be set.

If the Giants take him, I hope they shore up that O-line in the process, but I'd be ecstatic to see him play in that offense.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm talking purely as a Buckeye fan here, but I felt like his talents were so frequently misused in the offense. He also didn't have great receivers to work with. 

Haskins is still insanely raw, his potential is completely untapped at this point. He needs to be in a situation where he can sit and learn for a bit, and he needs to be surrounded with talent. I hope his situation is not like Arizona, he'll flame out in a hurry. The foundation needs to be set.

If the Giants take him, I hope they shore up that O-line in the process, but I'd be ecstatic to see him play in that offense.

Haskins, Barkley, Beckham in Gotham City would be box office.... He could even sit a season and learn behind Eli

3 hours ago, Forge said:

But Gettelman has shown that he's willing to make good moves up the draft boards to get his guys I'm pretty sure

Yeah he's never been shy to move up as needed.   Unless JAX moves up to 1.2, I think Gettleman does what it takes to get his guy - as long as he's sold on Haskins, I'd put $ on him being a G-man.   It's more a Q of whether or not he's sold on Haskins (I think he will be, but obvious hard to know for sure).

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah he's never been shy to move up as needed.   Unless JAX moves up to 1.2, I think Gettleman does what it takes to get his guy - as long as he's sold on Haskins, I'd put $ on him being a G-man.   It's more a Q of whether or not he's sold on Haskins (I think he will be, but obvious hard to know for sure).

Why not the Broncos? I think he’s worth the trade up from 10 to 2 or 1. 

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Why not the Broncos? I think he’s worth the trade up from 10 to 2 or 1. 

Whatever we can offer both NYG and JAX have us outgunned.   Given Gettleman’s tendencies and his position I just don’t see it.  

I’d rather move up than spend 1.10 on anyone else in this awful top-end class and that’s even with Haskins not having the 2+ seasons of work I like to see.   But I just don’t see it happening.  The sellers are going to keep offering to all the teams looking for the highest bidder - if Gettleman loves Haskins, history says he’ll match / beat any offer.   With the 1.6 - 1.10 difference I don’t see it.  The HC hire isn’t official yet but if it’s safe HC / Kubiak OC it screams coaching up Keenum and a developmental guy taken later (or at least I hope it does because 1.10 QB is likely to be scariest of all, given it will likely also commit us for 3+ offseasons to see it through).   

As for 1.1 given the 2-5 teams (other than OAK who may or may not feel same way) all dearly want EDGE’s I see either ARI sticks at 1.1 and takes Bosa or someone else (SF, NYJ, TB, OAK if they aren’t thinking QB yet) moves up to get him there.  Really unique year.  

Archived