Dwayne Haskins

brownie man

Where will Haskins be drafted if he comes out?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he be drafted?

• Number 1 pick overall
    • Top 16
    • First Round
    • 2nd Round
    • Later

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like the Jameis Winston comparison somebody made. Winston played in a pro style scheme at FSU which no doubt helped him adjust, but their skill sets and athletic traits are similar. Haskins just hasn't had nearly the same amount of reps as Winston had in college. He's raw, but he isn't making the typical mistakes a very raw QB makes. At least not in college. And for those crucifying him for having such a talented group around him....get real! A QB doesn't get bailed out by having great WR's or else JT Barrett wouldn't have been an abortion last year. He's just good and I have yet to see a real argument as to why he's "barely a QB," like some people have hilariously alluded to. @Hunter2_1

Was just watching some of his cut-ups and a more-raw Winston was my comp as well. 

I will say, I don't think he has a great arm. I think he has a great arm when he's set and his mechanics are good...but I don't think he has that ability to just whip it when not set and still deliver it with zip. For a "toolsy" QB, that's not a very comforting trait to me. This class is such a crap shoot at QB that the lack of options is really pushing him up higher than where he needs to be. 

I don’t get the Winston comparison. Winston had and still does have sloppy mechanics and wreckless decision making. His ball placement is poor and doesn’t lead receivers in stride. 

Haskins is raw but he knows where his checkdown is. Has a stronger arm and better mechanics and accuracy than Winston. To me he’s a more Athletic Matt Ryan with a stronger arm. 

I think he needs another year. I wouldn’t take him in the first because of my opinions of RS sophomore QBs and first year starters. 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

People love to over hype Ohio State prospects. 

Dude is overrated as hell and is the product of a QB friendly system via Urban Meyer. 

If he comes out. I would say late 2nd or early 3rd round.  

Who from OSU has been overhyped? Maybe in the Cleveland Browns forum, but I don't see a lot of people unfairly pumping up prospects that end up underwhelming.

So...with OKL taking care of business, who would Haskins ideally face in a non-BCS bowl game to help define his stock more?   

I guess OSU in theory could leapfrog OKL, but given both are facing top 20 teams, and OKL took care of business, and is ahead of them before this week, seems like OSU is Rose Bowl-bound.   So who's the best draw on D for him to showcase his talents?

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

So...with OKL taking care of business, who would Haskins ideally face in a non-BCS bowl game to help define his stock more?   

I guess OSU in theory could leapfrog OKL, but given both are facing top 20 teams, and OKL took care of business, and is ahead of them before this week, seems like OSU is Rose Bowl-bound.   So who's the best draw on D for him to showcase his talents?

Hell get Washington in the rose bowl. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hell get Washington in the rose bowl. 

OSU would destroy Washington. UW is one of the most overrated teams in the country.

I'd personally love to see OSU vs. Oklahoma somehow, but that ain't happening.

For NFL scouts, Haskins vs. Georgia would be great to see. Georgia is a pro style team that employs quite a bit of man coverage and secondary shifts. A favorable matchup for Haskins would be UCF. OSU would demolish them.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

People love to over hype Ohio State prospects. 

Dude is overrated as hell and is the product of a QB friendly system via Urban Meyer. 

If he comes out. I would say late 2nd or early 3rd round.  

Haha your a fool

too many fools on here 

this kid is ballin

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Haskins. Barely a QB.

Take away his fairly strong arm, beautiful deep ball, his good-to-pretty good accuracy, and his growth as a decision maker, and there’s not much there to work with at the next level. 

Potential Slot WR/Safety convert? He’s really just an average-at-best athlete. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

#Haskinsville.

#HurtforHaskins

It's going to happen.

If they could commit to sitting him for a year and get a decent OC in Hackett’s place, I wouldn’t hate it.

EDIT: Also, can we admit that OSU’s WRs are overrated as hell? As a unit they’re good but none of them individually will be more than role players at the next level. Campbell as a playmaking WR2/3. Hill and Dixon will be  steady but unspectacular WR3/4s.

3 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

If they could commit to sitting him for a year and get a decent OC in Hackett’s place, I wouldn’t hate it.

It'll be interesting. Word has it we were one of the two teams that offered Kingsbury the OC spot (Arizona was the other), so that's a good sign. 

Archived