Dwayne Haskins

brownie man

Where will Haskins be drafted if he comes out?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he be drafted?

• Number 1 pick overall
    • Top 16
    • First Round
    • 2nd Round
    • Later

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Absolutely.  But JT Barrett being a really bad QB and a total non-prospect for the next level, doesn't inherently make Haskins a great bluechip prospect either.  I don't think there's any question that Haskins is on a completely different level than JT Barrett as a prospect.  But like you're insinuating...JT Barrett was playing on a kinda garbage tier level, while still posting pretty respectable statistical results in that system/situation. 

ie. There's a pretty high built in "floor" to those circumstances, where even a non-prospect like Barrett can pile up quite a few yards, comp%, TD-INT ratio, etc.  Haskins has pretty clearly performed well above that "floor" for the system...but it's still worth noting that floor for context, and recognizing that he is in what appears by multiple assessment methods, to be a pretty flattering situation.

But so are most QBs... Even then a flattering system can be taken to another level by an elite player.  Look at the Patriots.  Their system ran by Brady is amazing, or at least has been in the past, but yet you could get Matt Cassel come in there and still post a respective result.  Look at Oklahoma even.  Baker Mayfield put up good/great numbers there, Kyler Murray is putting up great/excellent numbers.  It's a difference in the prospect that can take a flattering situation and make is look easy.

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So...with Day taking over for Meyer - any effect on Haskins’ chances of staying / leaving?  If it was anyone but Day Is say he’s gone for sure but that move does seem like a fairly seamless transition. 

I don't think that it factors in at all. I think that Dwayne is going to go pro/was going to regardless. It's a weak QB class, he's had a great year, and he'll make millions. From a refinement and readiness perspective, he would be better served coming back another year, but from a financial standpoint it makes no sense. (See: Trubisky, Darnold as a 2 year starter as opposed to 1, but we've seen that this year).

I'd be shocked if he left that money on the table and came back, but I guess you never know.

13 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Sophomore Haskins is a lot like freshman Jameis Winston. That's fair and about as far as you can take that comp. But it also tells you how much isn't known about Dwayne. He's a major boom/bust guy as a potential top 10 pick.

Two different levels of accuracy between the two IMO

25 minutes ago, TVScout said:

That proves my point. There are some 200+ head coaches at the college and NFL levels. You managed to find exactly one former head coach who is QB hostile. 

It was just low hanging fruit, too easy to resist (Hue being the other lol).

Archived