Sign in to follow this  
CWood21

2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

It's that time of the year, let's start posting links to the guys declaring.

Declared
Rodney Anderson [RB; Oklahoma]
Justice Hill [RB; Oklahoma State]

Noah Fant [TE; Iowa]

Kelvin Harmon [WR; NC State]
K'Neal Harry [WR; Arizona State]
DK Metcalf [WR; Ole Miss]

Rashan Gary [DL; Michigan]

Brian Burns [EDGE; Florida State]

Xavier Crawford [CB; Central Michigan]

Sean Bunting [DB; Central Michigan]

Returning To School

Rashan Gary?  That is kind of odd I would say considering he did not have a great year, sure was injured a lot but even when he was in there he did not do that much.  No where close to the same level of play he was at as a SOPH.  Odd choice, probably still a 1st round pick but could easily fall to the mid or late 1st round I feel, sure probably left out of fear of another injury.  Might no longer be in that top 10 range I feel....  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Rashan Gary?  That is kind of odd I would say considering he did not have a great year, sure was injured a lot but even when he was in there he did not do that much.  No where close to the same level of play he was at as a SOPH.  Odd choice, probably still a 1st round pick but could easily fall to the mid or late 1st round I feel, sure probably left out of fear of another injury.  Might no longer be in that top 10 range I feel....  

Eh, everyone in and around the program pretty much knew he was going to leave after his 3rd year. Would have taken very strange/special circumstances to keep him around for a 4th. 

4 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Eh, everyone in and around the program pretty much knew he was going to leave after his 3rd year. Would have taken very strange/special circumstances to keep him around for a 4th. 

I know that sure, just to me personally he has not had that great of a season at all.  Not sure he has the strength at the point of attack to play a DT in a 4/3, maybe 3/4 DE he could be good but not sure about that even.  Still as a true DE in a 4/3 I would take Clelin Ferrell and Zach Allen easily over Gary and possibly maybe even Burns as well.  Just on upside sure Gary will probably be a 1st rounder but sure has not played like it this year.  Their biggest wins this year against Wisconsin and Michigan State he missed and did not play and against Penn State did very little and against Northwestern same thing.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I know that sure, just to me personally he has not had that great of a season at all.  Not sure he has the strength at the point of attack to play a DT in a 4/3, maybe 3/4 DE he could be good but not sure about that even.  Still as a true DE in a 4/3 I would take Clelin Ferrell and Zach Allen easily over Gary and possibly maybe even Burns as well.  Just on upside sure Gary will probably be a 1st rounder but sure has not played like it this year.  Their biggest wins this year against Wisconsin and Michigan State he missed and did not play and against Penn State did very little and against Northwestern same thing.

He should be more than fine moving to the inside in the NFL. He did a hell of a job taking on and holding onto blocks from his "ANCHOR" position in Michigan's defense. He'll add around 20lbs if the team that drafts him wants inside, so he should only get stronger.

He also played against Notre Dame and Ohio State this year. Those two games still count even as losses. Not sure why the level of competition he's faced is in question.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

He should be more than fine moving to the inside in the NFL. He did a hell of a job taking on and holding onto blocks from his "ANCHOR" position in Michigan's defense. He'll add around 20lbs if the team that drafts him wants inside, so he should only get stronger.

He also played against Notre Dame and Ohio State this year. Those two games still count even as losses. Not sure why the level of competition he's faced is in question.

I know he played against Notre Dame and Ohio State, but I said in the big wins they had he did not do that great or play because of injury.  Those two games against Notre Dame and Ohio State arguably Gary did little to nothing, especially in that Ohio State game this past weekend.  Yeah he could put some weight on, just honestly after the steps he took as a sophomore last year, did not see that growth this year, just did not make as many plays and was not able to create as much pressure it seemed.    Gary was a monster last year against Ohio State, did not see that at all this past weekend.  

Florida Gators defensive back Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is forgoing his senior season to enter the NFL draft, he announced Monday evening on Twitter.

Thank You Gator Nation !!!! pic.twitter.com/BnseLUFn08

— Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (@CGJXXIII) November 26, 2018

5 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State is in. 

RS Junior who will/should have his degree. I was pleasantly surprised last year as a Buckeye fan that he decided to come back this year. 

This DL class should be absolutely loaded.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

RS Junior who will/should have his degree. I was pleasantly surprised last year as a Buckeye fan that he decided to come back this year. 

This DL class should be absolutely loaded.

Good for my 49ers. We need multiple DL help.

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Good for my 49ers. We need multiple DL help.

Y'all literally drafted DL in the 1st Rd for past few years and still need more help. Goodness gracious that's embarrassing 😂