2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

15 minutes ago, PAW said:

Dexter Lawrence officially in. That was a no brainer considering he has a suspension looming over him. I wonder how the failed test will affect his stock. Someone may get a steal. 

I doubt it affects his draft stock at all, it is not like he was smoking crack cocaine or something and that is why he failed the drug test. 

As for Tre Lamar the guy is a brick S house out there.  Very physically impressive at his size and strength I feel, not sure how he is not impressive athlete.  Sure is not great in coverage and sure should have came back and developed as a player more but guy looks the part.  Will be a mid round pick though when he could have been a 1st rounder if he returned arguably.  He probably knew that without the DT talent ahead of him his production will really drop next season.

15 hours ago, PAW said:

Dexter Lawrence officially in. That was a no brainer considering he has a suspension looming over him. I wonder how the failed test will affect his stock. Someone may get a steal. 

Yeah, I heard is was for a pre-workout. I actually hope a teams are fickle enough to pass on him, he is going to be one of the steals of the draft if he does. There is no "may" he will be a steal

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, DoleINGout said:

thots on jalen hurts chances of declaring? any feelings or indications yet? i want him on the pats

"Thots" on Jalen is never a good thing :D

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Hawkeyejam said:

By no means a refined WR but has a Athletic ceiling that has not been close to tapped and productive. I have no reason to promote a Cyclone. Dude is good though

Yeah, that guy was just nitpicking just to nitpick, Butler is actually my fav out of this deep group of WRs. I mean everyone has their deficiencies but his upside is nuts

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I doubt it affects his draft stock at all, it is not like he was smoking crack cocaine or something and that is why he failed the drug test. 

As for Tre Lamar the guy is a brick S house out there.  Very physically impressive at his size and strength I feel, not sure how he is not impressive athlete.  Sure is not great in coverage and sure should have came back and developed as a player more but guy looks the part.  Will be a mid round pick though when he could have been a 1st rounder if he returned arguably.  He probably knew that without the DT talent ahead of him his production will really drop next season.

Don’t like his change of direction, plays stiff. 

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Raekwon Davis is returning to Alabama.

Great to see, pathetic one has to say that but it is so rare for talented players to come back to school.  Good for him, hopefully he took some tips from Quinnen on how to use your hands and quickness to get off blocks and gets back to for like he was a SOPH.  This past year was a clear down year for him.  Will see what the rest of his teammates do, would not be shocked if Thompson comes back with such an awful title game he had.  Will be curious what Jacobs does as well.

Albert Okwuegbunam also said he was going back to Missouri, I thought he had potential to be the #1 TE this year but good to see him going back because there is some things he needs to work on for the position still.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, that guy was just nitpicking just to nitpick, Butler is actually my fav out of this deep group of WRs. I mean everyone has their deficiencies but his upside is nuts

You think it's as good as DK Metcalf's? I think DK blows him out of the water athletically. And I'm a Hakeem Butler fan for sure.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think it's as good as DK Metcalf's? I think DK blows him out of the water athletically. And I'm a Hakeem Butler fan for sure.

Metcalf is a dude ( I actually played against his dad), but I'm not he blows him out of the water though, I actually think their numbers may be similar. But of course I'm just basing this off film

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Metcalf is a dude ( I actually played against his dad), but I'm not he blows him out of the water though, I actually think their numbers may be similar. But of course I'm just basing this off film

Wow I hope Butler can time in the 4.4 range because I do really like him and want that evidence to support that he's more than just a possession jump ball guy. He's not by any stretch slow, but I have a feeling his quickness is better than his long speed despite those crazy long legs. At least, his quickness impresses and shocks me more than his vertical speed, which is well above average for a 6'5 WR.

Metcalf looks like a very low 4.4 or even 4.3 runner to me. He is basically an Andre Johnson clone in terms of physical attributes. Andre was a more natural WR in both route running and with his ability to catch the freaking football, but they look almost identical as athletes.

Image result for dk metcalf

Metcalf is a freaking mutant. He'll be one of the biggest freaks in the league the second he enters it.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wow I hope Butler can time in the 4.4 range because I do really like him and want that evidence to support that he's more than just a possession jump ball guy. He's not by any stretch slow, but I have a feeling his quickness is better than his long speed despite those crazy long legs. At least, his quickness impresses and shocks me more than his vertical speed, which is well above average for a 6'5 WR.

Metcalf looks like a very low 4.4 or even 4.3 runner to me. He is basically an Andre Johnson clone in terms of physical attributes. Andre was a more natural WR in both route running and with his ability to catch the freaking football, but they look almost identical as athletes.

Metcalf is a freaking mutant. He'll be one of the biggest freaks in the league the second he enters it.

Butler for sure will increase his stock if he can run that well.  During this season he has shown big time run after the catch ability and has been able to make huge plays down the field averaging 22 yards a catch.  I have been impressed by that this season, sure has not played great defenses but what he has done of the field this year totally increased his stock to a mid round pick where now is a solid 2nd rounder if not 1st if he times out well.

Metcalf is great for sure but has never really been that great on the field yet, only flashed little bits of it.  A guy like Harry who has been more consistent and productive in his career and has much better hands I feel, if he can run well he could easily be picked over Metcalf.  Same could be said for AJ Brown.  But yeah if Metcalf works out as well as he should will probably be drafted higher than he should, not a huge fan of his route runner or his hands, but sure the guy looks like a body builder and to some that is all you need to see.

A sleeper physical freak WR in this draft is Jamal Custis, that guy is very long and strong and I would not be shocked if he runs well and jumps well.

Archived