2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

12 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Y'all literally drafted DL in the 1st Rd for past few years and still need more help. Goodness gracious that's embarrassing 😂

Only one of them has been a true bust (Solomon Thomas). Buckner is a beast, but he doesn't play the edge, he plays the interior. Armstead is okay at what he does, but it's important to remember that he was drafted for a different scheme to be a 3-4 end, which we no longer run. The 3-4 end really isn't a pass rusher except in some extreme examples of great players, and obviously Armstead isn't one either, so he doesn't solve that problem for us. What he does, he does fairly well (holds an edge), but again, different scheme / different roles. We need an edge rusher, and none of those guys is that. The thought was that Thomas was going to be it, but it's clear that he should be on the inside and his lack of pass rushing prowess is pretty upsetting. LIS, right now, he's a bust. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Only one of them has been a true bust (Solomon Thomas). Buckner is a beast, but he doesn't play the edge, he plays the interior. Armstead is okay at what he does, but it's important to remember that he was drafted for a different scheme to be a 3-4 end, which we no longer run. The 3-4 end really isn't a pass rusher except in some extreme examples of great players, and obviously Armstead isn't one either, so he doesn't solve that problem for us. What he does, he does fairly well (holds an edge), but again, different scheme / different roles. We need an edge rusher, and none of those guys is that. The thought was that Thomas was going to be it, but it's clear that he should be on the inside and his lack of pass rushing prowess is pretty upsetting. LIS, right now, he's a bust. 

It was clear Solomon Thomas was DT. I thought he was the right pick cuz I thought he could dominate at DT. Drafting him as a pass rusher was foolish. Have him and Bucker at DT and 49ers could be dominating defensively. Then you add Bosa then wow, scariest Dline in few years. Kyle Shahanan do the right thing please 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, Activated10 said:

It was clear Solomon Thomas was DT. I thought he was the right pick cuz I thought he could dominate at DT. Drafting him as a pass rusher was foolish. Have him and Bucker at DT and 49ers could be dominating defensively. Then you add Bosa then wow, scariest Dline in few years. Kyle Shahanan do the right thing please 

Some are so quick to judge and the guy hasn't even finished his 2nd season. No, Thomas is not an edge rusher, though he can play containment on the outside. However, he got more snaps on the inside recently and has shown some value. Not my definition of a bust. 

Yes, many of us 9er fans are hoping to add Bosa to our line which has no outside talent...at all. Most of our DL is better on the inside.

22 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Did he used to play for oregon state?

So that is where he went.  That kid can play, very good ball skills and reaction time, nice long corner who knows how to get his hands on the football, could be a steal late round pick potentially and if he works out well a solid mid round draft pick.  I guess he was a graduate transfer, followed a coach that used to be an Oregon State there to Central Michigan.  One would have thought he could have went to a much bigger program as a GS with his skills and probably should of.  

vDilzSHuq7w9TgcIcFJmgxys96lPKhse7ahE1rssw2-VGg9PTBZbc-bT2xEa8mfveb4cyWK-SNhEL3KDputcS-tP_ONRYcI5X733TWMnQWfm9bXYOBkNVpCZUHop2q3sGp7daczi7MbnbT_iMgM2BS5Qhz4lZEOfYcwGtcQ9u4OHEfriszK25j6P11rHO4H-q4uNgHrNFT2HWeMwsIxCkcXpVs3NAOZ2c4q9xr-DghHO4CxTiVxotbuEU8dABTyTD6Ffgy52QsouWVoHUpdated 12/04/18   |   @JazzFerguson2

#1 Jazz Ferguson  | 4JR | DOB: 01/12/97 | 6’4” 220e | Northwestern St.
Position: Wide Receiver  | Projection: NA | Comp: NA

Game Tape: Highlights (2018)
Background: Given name is Jazmond. Raised in Louisiana. Four-star recruit according to 247Sports. Sport Administration major. Played in 2 games as a freshman. Started 1 of 7 games played as a sophomore and was suspended due to a failed drug test. Transferred from LSU to Northwestern State due to academic problems. Redshirt the 2017 season. Brother is LA Tech DE Jaylon Ferguson.  

Has declared. 

Archived