2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

So that is where he went.  That kid can play, very good ball skills and reaction time, nice long corner who knows how to get his hands on the football, could be a steal late round pick potentially and if he works out well a solid mid round draft pick.  I guess he was a graduate transfer, followed a coach that used to be an Oregon State there to Central Michigan.  One would have thought he could have went to a much bigger program as a GS with his skills and probably should of.  

I just remember him being a freshman all american for oregon state, but i have no idea if his other years were as good as his freshman season. 

Jazz Ferguson will be an interesting prospect come draft time, no major surprise he came out.  Is a huge WR, a lot of people like DK Metcalf, well athletically Jazz is just as impressive with his combination of size and speed.  Played quite well against Texas A&M to start the season this year.  Has a great catch radius and is an interesting prospect no doubt.  Did basically nothing on LSU of note, did rip it up in the spring game though and showed that promise but obviously other reasons caused that not to happen for him much at all in the regular season.  Dee Anderson is his former LSU teammate and is another enigma some what, huge kid with good hands yet lacks production during games at LSU.

Jazz joins a good group potentially of other big body WRs who can go up and make plays on the football in the air.  All of these guys have some legit height, weight and speed to go with it.  

N'Keal Harry Arizona State JR
JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stanford RS JR
Collin Johnson Texas JR
DK Metcalf Ole Miss RS SOPH
Hakeem Butler Iowa State RS JR
Jazz Ferguson Northwestern State RS JR
Miles Boykin Notre Dame
Jamal Custis Syracuse RS 
Jaylen Smith Louisville

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I just remember him being a freshman all american for oregon state, but i have no idea if his other years were as good as his freshman season. 

I did not catch much of Central Michigan this year, might go back and watch a few games.  But just on what Crawford showed as a freshman I think he has NFL potential, assuming he would not get worse over time but will see.  Odd that Central Michigan team sucked so bad this year, Ward was a good back the year before, had 1000 yards rushing and almost 500 receiving and looks like he did not even do half of that this year.  And clearly despite having two DBs declare for the draft early this year, that D was not good enough to win games consistently...

They hired Jim McElwain as the head coach now at Central Michigan though, a great hire for a MAC school, is one of the biggest coaching names in the conference already.  Will see if he can turn it around.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000996224/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2019-nfl-draft

And Dax Raymond has declared for the NFL Draft.  It is a surprise, physically he is a NFL talent at TE no question, just did not have a monster year this season.  Was quite good the times I saw him play but thought he would come back for another season.  Very good route runner and has the ideal size,  but there are eight TEs I would take over him in the draft potentially, still makes the TE group even that much more deep.  

And Stidham was gone, obviously is not a fan of the pressure he was under this year for Auburn and wants to get out of town.  Is a 2nd round pick I think or 3rd round, but has kind of disappointed this year a little bit compared to the year he had previously.  Probably has done enough in that type of system, see what he can do moving on from that in the NFL, probably not an instant starter but a sound project QB down the road with his arm and athletic ability.

Also, will see if Evan Weaver declares from Cal, he has had a crazy good year this year, really has come into his own and could be a 3/4 OLB, 4/3 OLB or 3/4 ILB.  Is a tackling machine and plays with great effort, could maybe see a similar climb and rise to his stock like Vander Esch last year.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I did not catch much of Central Michigan this year, might go back and watch a few games.  But just on what Crawford showed as a freshman I think he has NFL potential, assuming he would not get worse over time but will see.  Odd that Central Michigan team sucked so bad this year, Ward was a good back the year before, had 1000 yards rushing and almost 500 receiving and looks like he did not even do half of that this year.  And clearly despite having two DBs declare for the draft early this year, that D was not good enough to win games consistently...

They hired Jim McElwain as the head coach now at Central Michigan though, a great hire for a MAC school, is one of the biggest coaching names in the conference already.  Will see if he can turn it around.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000996224/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2019-nfl-draft

And Dax Raymond has declared for the NFL Draft.  It is a surprise, physically he is a NFL talent at TE no question, just did not have a monster year this season.  Was quite good the times I saw him play but thought he would come back for another season.  Very good route runner and has the ideal size,  but there are eight TEs I would take over him in the draft potentially, still makes the TE group even that much more deep.  

And Stidham was gone, obviously is not a fan of the pressure he was under this year for Auburn and wants to get out of town.  Is a 2nd round pick I think or 3rd round, but has kind of disappointed this year a little bit compared to the year he had previously.  Probably has done enough in that type of system, see what he can do moving on from that in the NFL, probably not an instant starter but a sound project QB down the road with his arm and athletic ability.

Also, will see if Evan Weaver declares from Cal, he has had a crazy good year this year, really has come into his own and could be a 3/4 OLB, 4/3 OLB or 3/4 ILB.  Is a tackling machine and plays with great effort, could maybe see a similar climb and rise to his stock like Vander Esch last year.  

The CMU defense was great all year. Bunting and Crawford were both studs.

We had no QB this year and the offense was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

8 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

The CMU defense was great all year. Bunting and Crawford were both studs.

We had no QB this year and the offense was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

Not sure giving up 27 points a game as a defense would be considered great, but the QB issues I agree probably explain a big part of the problem.  I will have to go back and watch some of their games for sure probably against Northern Illinois and Michigan State.  

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

a lot of people like DK Metcalf, well athletically Jazz is just as impressive with his combination of size and speed

Jazz is great, but that's just false. He has nowhere near the explosive ability that Metcalf has. I hope Metcalf will be able to perform at the combine because he's got special ability. 

11 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Jazz is great, but that's just false. He has nowhere near the explosive ability that Metcalf has. I hope Metcalf will be able to perform at the combine because he's got special ability. 

If his uncle Eric is any indication (I know his dad and grandpa played too), I'd take DK in Cleveland in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If his uncle Eric is any indication (I know his dad and grandpa played too), I'd take DK in Cleveland in a heartbeat.

The numbers he tested at in the summer of his 2nd year would have been elite. If he can go at the combine he'll be a year and a half older and have some extra combine training to help. His 40, broad jump, and vertical will be insane. Big question will be the short shuttle and 3-cone

19 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

The numbers he tested at in the summer of his 2nd year would have been elite. If he can go at the combine he'll be a year and a half older and have some extra combine training to help. His 40, broad jump, and vertical will be insane. Big question will be the short shuttle and 3-cone

It's just funny to me how tall and big that he is compared to his 5'10 dad and uncle. 

Unfortunately for Eric, he came around about 20-30 years too early, because in today's modern NFL, he'd be the exact hybrid RB/slot guy that everyone would love.

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jazz Ferguson will be an interesting prospect come draft time, no major surprise he came out.  Is a huge WR, a lot of people like DK Metcalf, well athletically Jazz is just as impressive with his combination of size and speed.  Played quite well against Texas A&M to start the season this year.  Has a great catch radius and is an interesting prospect no doubt.  Did basically nothing on LSU of note, did rip it up in the spring game though and showed that promise but obviously other reasons caused that not to happen for him much at all in the regular season.  Dee Anderson is his former LSU teammate and is another enigma some what, huge kid with good hands yet lacks production during games at LSU.

Didn't know Jaylon Ferguson was his brother

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Didn't know Jaylon Ferguson was his brother

Yeah, pretty cool that Jazz entered early. They'll both likely be drafted in the same year even though they're a few years apart. Tbh Jazz might be the better prospect.

42 minutes ago, winitall said:

Running Back LJ Scott from Michigan State just declared.  Bizarre since he purposely didn't play to end the season to attempt to maintain a redshirt.

Eh, it was more like the coaches didn't want him to play so they could redshirt him. He was never fully on board with it from the beginning, he was just going with it to keep options open. He will play in the bowl game now though to give himself another shot to impress NFL teams.

Archived