2019 NFL Draft Early Declaration Thread

CWood21

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Grier is a better athlete and has comparable intangibles to Baker Mayfield to make him a more enticing prospect. While Haskins could excel in a run and gun offense. It will still be heavily dependent on keeping him upright in the pocket because he does not have the athletic ability to buy second chances. 

Will Grier with intangibles on a level of Baker?  That's news to me.

Grier looks like Brian Hoyer to me. Compared to Baker, physically, he's not as elusive in the pocket and doesn't have near the arm.

And talking about intangibles, I don't like him skipping the Bowl. For a pocket QB, it's more relevant and less susceptible to injury than other positions. 

Lock reminds me of Derek Carr sans an experienced NFL QB big brother. Ridiculous arm but he's real mechanical.

Haskins has clearly improved the most through the season and you've got to figure is most teams QB#1. Rocket arm with great arm talent, smart and is clutch. But pressure really disarms him. Best comp I've got for him so far is Kerry Collins. 

Even if Herbert declares, I'm not sure he goes before Haskins now.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Greg little is in pretty schefty

What's the consensus on Little? I've seen folks go anywhere from top 10 to top of the 2nd. I'm inclined to believe it's closer to top 10 than 2nd, but I don't know.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

What's the consensus on Little? I've seen folks go anywhere from top 10 to top of the 2nd. I'm inclined to believe it's closer to top 10 than 2nd, but I don't know.

Yeah, I've seen him all over the place. I think it's just too early to tell. I've seen him as high as 6, I think, and as low as 28 in one mock. Lots of variance going on. I think Albert Breer had him in the top 3 at one point. 

Antoine Wesley from Texas Tech declaring makes things interesting.  The kid is huge 6-5, sure is thin but has big time speed I think for his size.  Can really make plays and has an aggressive style of going to get the football in the air, is not afraid on a little contact when making the catch.  He did suck his last two outings for Texas Tech but QB was an issue for them all year, and at times this season he was unstoppable, has basically came out of nowhere this year and had a dominating season after doing little to nothing the rest of his time in college.  Ripped it up against Houston, Texas and Oklahoma.  He is probably not a 1st rounder but could be a steal in the 3rd round or later.  Very interesting prospect at that size with his ability to press the defense and make plays down field.

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Antoine Wesley from Texas Tech declaring makes things interesting.  The kid is huge 6-5, sure is thin but has big time speed I think for his size.  Can really make plays and has an aggressive style of going to get the football in the air, is not afraid on a little contact when making the catch.  He did suck his last two outings for Texas Tech but QB was an issue for them all year, and at times this season he was unstoppable, has basically came out of nowhere this year and had a dominating season after doing little to nothing the rest of his time in college.  Ripped it up against Houston, Texas and Oklahoma.  He is probably not a 1st rounder but could be a steal in the 3rd round or later.  Very interesting prospect at that size with his ability to press the defense and make plays down field.

haven't watched him a ton, figured he was going to stay in school. Really want to look into him now, based on limited viewing I could see him having a Golladay-esque impact early on.

52 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

haven't watched him a ton, figured he was going to stay in school. Really want to look into him now, based on limited viewing I could see him having a Golladay-esque impact early on.

He is not quite as big or are physical as Golladay but Welsey is surprisingly fast I feel and explosive.  Combine that with big time height and wing span he is an issue as a WR.  Will be interesting how he times out at the combine, but has literally came out of nowhere this season, he had 137 yards in his career before this being his JR season.  Can start and stop quite well for a kid as long as he is.  The weight is an issue, is very thin but he can put on some muscle mass I feel.  I thought he would be a early entry guy mid way through the season, then changed my mind when he had such a poor end to the year but since Kingsbury is gone no surprise he is leaving as well.  

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Not really a huge surprise, given he considered coming out early last year, but Dremont Jones is declaring.  Really good DL player, but in this class, could get washed out of the Day 1 buzz, so deep in the trenches.

I was confused as to why ESPN just broke this yesterday. He made his announcement on November 27th.

Archived