Will Aaron Rodgers throw 400 TD before 100 INT

beekay414

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

If it makes you feel better, the consensus is a solid "no."

And it has been seven years since his last concussion.

For real? It seems so much more recent.

I know he won't last forever but I've been so spoiled with QB play. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

You really have. We just got our first good QB. It only took 40 years.

My literal first football memories are 1993. I have seen nothing but good more or less.

I feel guilty.

Congrats btw lol

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

My literal first football memories are 1993. I have seen nothing but good more or less.

I feel guilty.

Congrats btw lol

I started with Shaun King in 2000. I remember him getting sacked like once every six times he dropped back. Like clockwork.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I started with Shaun King in 2000. I remember him getting sacked like once every six times he dropped back. Like clockwork.

I loved him in college. Tulane iirc.

I imagine that's been rough.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:27 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

It's definitely doable. Looking at the passing statistics over the past 5 or 6 years many of the top QBs are on pace to obliterate that TD:INT ratio (Rodgers isn't actually tops in TD:INT over that span). In a decade we might be talking about several younger QBs approaching this kind of efficiency. Eventually seasons with 40+TDs and under 10 Int will become the norm, it's just the way the passing game is going lately.

As far as I could find, he is tops in TD:INT over a decent-enough sample size. A better ratio for Dak over one season shouldn't count. The only person close to Rodgers in that category is Brady. It's one of the things that makes Rodgers such a good QB. I do think Rodgers takes more sacks then he has to, because he can sometimes be gun shy or is too eager to roll out of the pocket. Still, taking a sack is better than throwing an INT.

And yes, I  think Rodgers will reach that mark.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:27 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

It's definitely doable. Looking at the passing statistics over the past 5 or 6 years many of the top QBs are on pace to obliterate that TD:INT ratio (Rodgers isn't actually tops in TD:INT over that span). In a decade we might be talking about several younger QBs approaching this kind of efficiency. Eventually seasons with 40+TDs and under 10 Int will become the norm, it's just the way the passing game is going lately.

This is simply untrue.

Dak is slightly better with 1 season under his belt, and the only other Qb close is Brady if my memory serves me correct.

On 8/20/2017 at 9:27 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

Looking at the passing statistics over the past 5 or 6 years many of the top QBs are on pace to obliterate that TD:INT ratio (Rodgers isn't actually tops in TD:INT over that span). In a decade we might be talking about several younger QBs approaching this kind of efficiency. Eventually seasons with 40+TDs and under 10 Int will become the norm, it's just the way the passing game is going lately.

Yeah I'm calling BS on this. 

Rodgers' TD:INT ratio over the past 6 years is an astonishing 5.25:1

Brady's doesn't even reach 4:1 over that same span.

2 hours ago, Revel8 said:

Yeah I'm calling BS on this. 

Rodgers' TD:INT ratio over the past 6 years is an astonishing 5.25:1

Brady's doesn't even reach 4:1 over that same span.

Since you brought up Brady...

If you compare their stats in this era (ie since Rodgers started 9 years ago)  and take Brady's TD:INT over his past 9 seasons Brady actually has the higher TD:INT (Rodgers 296:71) vs. Brady (309:74).

But my point wasn't to prop up Dak or Brady or whatever and put Rodgers down. I was making the point that TD:INT ratios are shooting thru the roof and very soon the TD:INT ratios we're seeing with Rodgers/Brady will become commonplace. Just an observation.

4 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Since you brought up Brady...

If you compare their stats in this era (ie since Rodgers started 9 years ago)  and take Brady's TD:INT over his past 9 seasons Brady actually has the higher TD:INT (Rodgers 296:71) vs. Brady (309:74).

But my point wasn't to prop up Dak or Brady or whatever and put Rodgers down. I was making the point that TD:INT ratios are shooting thru the roof and very soon the TD:INT ratios we're seeing with Rodgers/Brady will become commonplace. Just an observation.

but you said 5-6 years and that several QBs were better over that span. None of that is even remotely true...

Archived