Will Aaron Rodgers throw 400 TD before 100 INT

beekay414

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Please, no throws had the danger of being intercepted, and it is1 to 1 coverage. And I said "while he is running out of pockets". Brady, manning can throw as good if not better from pockets.

The first link, you obviously have no clue of the difference between throwing while moving forward and while moving sidewalk.

In last night game, I saw similar passes and failed. He does not take risk when he runs out of pockets, and he rather take a sack than thrOWS the balls away, that is why he always has great QBR.

2 hours ago, ztoa said:

Show me some throws he made out of pockets that might be intercepted.

1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

So you want to see inaccurate throws outside the pocket?

Inaccurate and/or bad decisions.  Both qualities of being an elite top 5-10 all time QB

8 hours ago, ztoa said:

He does not take risk when he runs out of pockets, and he rather take a sack than thrOWS the balls away, that is why he always has great QBR.

Oh, that's why? I wonder why the other 567 QB's in the last 60 years haven't figured this out yet then....

3 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

So you want to see inaccurate throws outside the pocket?

Take Rodgers last pass to Jared Cook for example. Watch the play, he tried to throw earlier, but didn't, took a few more steps and threw the balls. The balls was out of bound and Jared Cook made a great catch by keeping his feet in bound (no credit to him though, because it was Aaron Rodgers who threw the ball.)

Now, why didn't he throw earlier? because he couldn't thread the needle when he was running, That, is my point. Imagine he has a line that he has to run like Russell Wilson, with defenders on his butt, no way could he have made those spectacular throws. 

People often claim that he scrambles to extend playing times., that is only true partly, because he still needs his line to hold defenders in front of him, and it is damn hard because his O-linemen can't see him, and hold a long line with big gaps. The following shows what his linemen have to do in such situations :

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-offensive-line-a-major-part-of-aaron-rodgers-success/article_a8207ebd-a90a-5235-a068-e5669afd06a8.html

"You read the defense, read their eyes, their body language, kind of tell when Aaron’s going to break the pocket, which way he’s moving,” Lang explained. “And (then) you just try to hold on, stay in front of your guy and give him a split extra second because, especially lately, you see some of our biggest, most important plays are coming off those extended plays."
“It’s not something that we really complain about because at the end of the day for the most part, we’ve been getting rewarded when we block like that. He always rewards us, and usually it ends up in a big play — if not a touchdown.”

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh, that's why? I wonder why the other 567 QB's in the last 60 years haven't figured this out yet then....

He is obviously the best at throwing while running. (Manning and Brady throws at least as good in pockets, if not better), but that would be impossible if his linemen couldn't hold defenders away from him.

There are other reasons, like

1. He rather holds the balls than throw away the balls in very bad situation. Sometimes, he was able to pull out big plays (you use them to prove his greatness), sometimes he was sacked (you use them as evidence his line was bad).
  2. His WR are big, which is a huge advantage for QB, especially in redzone. How many teams have 3 or more big defenders?

Don't try to find excuse :

2005, 16 plays 3 sacks.

2006, 15 plays, 3 sacks.

2007,  28 plays 3 sacks.

29 minutes ago, ztoa said:

He is obviously the best at throwing while running. (Manning and Brady throws at least as good in pockets, if not better), but that would be impossible if his linemen couldn't hold defenders away from him.

Yeah, let's not give Rodgers any credit for his footwork and his ability to manipulate the defense at all. It's all the O-line.

29 minutes ago, ztoa said:

He rather holds the balls than throw away the balls in very bad situation. Sometimes, he was able to pull out big plays (you use them to prove his greatness), sometimes he was sacked (you use them as evidence his line was bad).

So he's supposed to do what then exactly....stay in the pocket, count to 4, and if nothing is there just throw it away instead of using one his best traits while giving his targets a chance to get separation and make a play? Get outta here with that. There is literally nothing logical about anything that you're saying right now. None.

According to you he only has 2 options:

1) Stay in the pocket, don't move and count to 4! If his receivers aren't open, then it throw it away. Even if he has space to slide out for a better trajectory. Throw it away!

Or 2) He can slide out.....but he can only throw it to a covered receiver (since apparently throwing it to an OPEN receiver on the run is suddenly a bad thing)

Now, in all seriousness. Does he hold onto the ball too long at times? Yes, absolutely. But a sack is still a hell of alot better than unnecessarily risking a turnover, which is what your purposing he should do. Which is ridiculous. Not only that, him extending plays has proven to be a big difference maker in games and the best times. So why would NOT want that? 

edit; And FYI, I'm not even a Packer fan and I call this all BS.

Archived