Jaguars bench QB Bortles, starting Kessler week 13

RaidersAreOne

Oh, Blake, Blake....!  Lonely is my heart without you, Blake!

Ardent supporter that I am, I always hoped........ I always believed!- that, once the elusive, mystical, Mechanics Wizard of a coach, the existence of whom having been vehemently assured on these pages, was at last discovered, your many flaws would scatter and vanish, like leaves before the wind!

Image result for blake bortles

I had further hoped, as a Giants' fan, that your new Left-Tackle Savior, Ereck Flowers, himself beset with mechanical woes (something to do with moving hands and also feet, as I recall), would similarly unearth the corresponding Blocking Technique Guru who would magically transform those marvelous physical attributes and sullen demeanor into pass-blocking to rival a second coming of Walter Jones!

Image result for Ereck Flowers

Perhaps BOTH coaches would arrive at once, a package deal, like the Ryan Brothers, who can say? And- I shall fore'er believe!- that day may yet come, when Flowers shall bloom, and Bortles defeat mortals, and Shad Khan shall lead the Children of Jacksonville out of bondage, yea, unto the very Super Bowl!!!

Image result for shad khan

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

As a Colts fan this is good news for next week. Blake always plays great against us lol.

i think this is a clear tank move.  move up in the draft order to get our bortles replacement.  perhaps a justin herbert or dwayne haskins should they declare. worse case we get a beast DL. 

25 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Hey Ramsey... Your QB is trash!

You act like Ramsey hasn't made it known that he has a dislike for Bortles talent wise. I mean, the entire defense basically says it's on them to score points/give the offense great field position to score. The man has liked posts trashing Bortles on social media and has advocated for drafting a QB high every draft since he's been here.

But as pwny said, doesn't make anything he said less true, at least thus far in Allen's development.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i think this is a clear tank move.  move up in the draft order to get our bortles replacement.  perhaps a justin herbert or dwayne haskins should they declare. worse case we get a beast DL. 

If that's the case, then they shoulda stuck with Bortles.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

u have to remember kessler is like 1-8 as a starter with a weaker arm. maybe they are trying to see if he can be a bridge qb to the rookie.

Yeah, as a Browns fan I'm aware. Kessler is fine as a game manager. He won't win you games on his own, but he won't lose you any with dumb plays. It's just a matter of what the rest of the team does.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

u have to remember kessler is like 1-8 as a starter with a weaker arm. maybe they are trying to see if he can be a bridge qb to the rookie.

Bortles has been absolutely atrocious the past several weeks. If this was a pure tank move, than they don't know how to tank.

Kessler provides something that isn't known. He at least has shown in his time to be a competent backup who won't make bonehead plays/is accurate on short throws. Blake missed a pass 5 yards from the LOS by a lot and is scared to throw to wide open guys/not surveying the field whatsoever.

Kessler is starting to see if he can be the bridge guy/adequate to develop a young QB via the draft in April imo, not to try and do worse this year. We were on a 7-game losing streak with Bortles...

Just now, DawgX said:

Yeah, as a Browns fan I'm aware. Kessler is fine as a game manager. He won't win you games on his own, but he won't lose you any with dumb plays. It's just a matter of what the rest of the team does.

have u seen our offensive starters.

Flowers-reed-shatley-cann-parnell-O'Shaugnessy LT to TE

Moncrief, westbrook cole at WR. Fournette at RB.  it isnt good at all. 

Archived