Cody Kessler to start at QB

Adrenaline_Flux

Alright.  Well...it's past due, but better late than never i guess.  Weird timing, to finally make the switch the week after you fire the OC, rather than taking a look at whether it's the QB making the OC look even worse than he was...but here we are.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'm here for it.

Although if we go on a 5 game win streak to end the season and we think he could be the guy I may puke.

I'd just laugh if we went on a win streak to close out the year.  That would be perfectly fitting for this year's circus.

That said, i'm not really expecting much.  Kessler is a total "bare minimum capable" sort of backup game manager.  It's going to have to be dink and dunk with a boatload of running and receivers who aren't really any good at dink and dunk football and an OLine that will probably still cough up pressure on dink and dunk plays.  Hard to see that being worth much.

But then...just "bare minimum capable" would be a notable step up from what Bortles has done lately.  So maybe i'm underestimating what a remotely functional passing game could do for this team.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

I'll forever be grateful for his personality and what he gave us last season (not that he was the reason for the success, but he played well enough to nearly get us in the SB) after years upon years of deep, deep darkness, but it's time.

13 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

shocking

As he said, no duh. But it's still something to be pretty happy about coming from a guy like Lageman who likely has some level of inside info. No worrying about us not looking forward for a new, hopefully young guy, in April.

Archived