Your Top 25 Rankings

devils1854

Its getting that time of the year. Whats your top 25?

1.Ohio State
-Best defense in football. Great o-line. Veteran QB.
2.Florida State
-Defense should be improved. Francois and Akers will be deadly.
3.Auburn
-Stidham is the real deal. Great defense last year, will be better this year.
4.Washington
-Even with losses, tons of firepower back on both sides of the ball.
5.Alabama
-Front seven is going to take a step back. Need young receivers to step up.
6.Penn State
-Offense will be great. Getting to the QB could be a problem.
7.USC
-Will they succeed with expectations this year?
8.Stanford
-Offense will be better without McCaffery. Defense returns a lot.
9.Oklahoma State
-Great QB, RB, and WR. Lot of talent graduated on defense.
10.Oklahoma
-Defense wasnt great last year, and they lost top guys off unit.
11.Clemson
-Best front four in the nation. Will go as far as the QB.
12.TCU
-Patterson has a veteran team again. Kenny Hill is the x-factor.
13.Georgia
-10 starters back from good defense. Need balance on offense.
14.Florida
-Only 4 starters back from a great defense. Is Franks the answer at QB?
15.South Florida
-Can Charlie Strong keep the momentum going in Tampa?
16.Oregon
-There is talent in Oregon. Can Taggert get them on the same page early?
17.Northwestern
-One of the most underrated defenses in the nation. Very good QB and RB.
18.Wisconsin
-Went from +3 to +13 on turnovers last year. Will things even out this season?
19.LSU
-Besides Guice, who is on the offensive side of the ball?
20.North Carolina State
-Underrated defense. Doren has to get the offense to take next step.
21.Kansas State
-Once again, Snyder has a good double threat at QB. Question marks defensively.
22.Washington State
-Could have their best defense in the Leach era. Faulk will score.
23.Virginia Tech
-Big turnaround under Fuente in first year. Must replace QB.
24.Michigan
-Harbaugh has lots of talent, just unproven.
25.Miami
-QB and the secondary are two biq question marks.

By Conference
ACC-5
Big 10-5
Pac 12-5
SEC-5
Big 12-4
AAC-1

32 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Its getting that time of the year. Whats your top 25?

1.Ohio State
-Best defense in football. Great o-line. Veteran QB.

well that sure is pretty!

Just my .02 cents.

I dont know if tOSU will have the best defense in football. They could end up having the best defensive unit but the only thing I am confident in saying about their defense is tOSU should have the best front 7 in the nation. I think the DL will win them a lot of games. Secondary has its question marks but for them lately it has been "lets replace this 1st rd defensive back with a future 1st rd defensive". On paper they might have the deepest and most talented secondary in the nation but they are very green. Hopefully with the front7/DL tOSU has will help with breaking them in. With the defense they really have, they might not need a prolific offense. I think they could be a very successful team with an offense that plays with the mindset of control the ball, dont turn it over, and put the defense is great situations. Basically the 2002 championship formula. 

I believe they will have a great OL this year. Returning starter at every position besides RG. tOSU had one of the best run blocking offensive lines in the nation last year and I can see it getting even better. The images believe show where the RBs are making first contact. Weber was barely ever getting hit behind the LOS. Hence why he had such a great ypc. Now he has a year under his belt, so now hopefully he has a huge season behind this big OL.

Nick-Chubb-2016-contact-copy-copy.jpg

Leonard-Fournette-2016-contact.jpg

mike-weber-2016-contact-copy.jpg

I believe JTB will have a year like he did in '14. Reading a lot of reports from tOSU sites that have said that Kevin Wilson wants JTB to be a lot more aggressive in the passing game and that he needs to attack more. Stop being afraid to make a play. tOSU's new QB coach has be reported on making a huge impact with his mental approach to the game. They have said Ryan Day has told him that his WRs might not look open but that they actually are, just like in the NFL you wont have these huge windows. Also has told him to trust his WRs more and to give them those 50/50 type passes. Trust your WRs to go up and make a play. Last year under Beck, you never saw JTB throw it up to give his WR a chance, on quick timing routes, he would never throw with anticipation because he was so afraid to make a bad pass that he would rather hold onto the ball. Like he wait too long for the WR to get open that it was a pretty meaningless pass play. I also read that they might want him to play like its '14 again in the fact they might just give him the option to find his first read, if its not open, take off and run, so this team can play with tempo and speed. 

How about instead of just posting a bunch of memes (which I removed) we actually talk football?  A meme here or there is fine, but when there is no football discussion added it just turns a topic to garbage.  Debate and discuss rankings.  Post your own.   Just stay on topic and keep it to football.  

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

How about instead of just posting a bunch of memes (which I removed) we actually talk football?  A meme here or there is fine, but when there is no football discussion added it just turns a topic to garbage.  Debate and discuss rankings.  Post your own.   Just stay on topic and keep it to football.  

everybody knew what my gif was in reference to. that's just how we do things around here.

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT that's totally fine, i respect your decisions mighty leader.

(don't ban me pls)

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

everybody knew what my gif was in reference to. that's just how we do things around here.

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT that's totally fine, i respect your decisions mighty leader.

(don't ban me pls)

I don't mind if you guys have a little fun with memes.  But when it's just 10 animated gifs and no football discussion it's just going to kill any good football discussion.  Also, your gif was a little too graphic for the forum.   All embedded content need to be PG.  

Let's get back to football and focus on the topic.  If anyone has comments or questions about forum administration they can PM me or a mod.  

5 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

1. FSU

2. Oklahoma

3. Bama

4. Washington

5. PSU

6. Clemson

7. Auburn

8. Ohio st

9. Louisville

10. Northwestern(sleeper)

Webby thinks this deserves a serious response, so here it goes.

How is it that you don't have USC in your top 10?

USC finished the season last year as the hottest team in college football beating Washington and Penn State which are the #4 and #5 teams on your list respectively.

Clemson lost way more to the NFL than USC and they are at #6.

It just doesn't make any sense.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Webby thinks this deserves a serious response, so here it goes.

How is it that you don't have USC in your top 10?

USC finished the season last year as the hottest team in college football beating Washington and Penn State which are the #4 and #5 teams on your list respectively.

Clemson lost way more to the NFL than USC and they are at #6.

It just doesn't make any sense.

(and he has auburn at 7)

6 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

1. FSU

2. Oklahoma

3. Bama

4. Washington

5. PSU

6. Clemson

7. Auburn

8. Ohio st

9. Louisville

10. Northwestern(sleeper)

I dont know about tOSU being #8. At worse they should be top5. 

Archived