Sign in to follow this  
TheVillain112

2019 Offseason Plan

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Fisher, Ogbuehi and Hart are UFA's, so at least we won't have to worry about seeing them next year (unless Marv is back).  If Marv is back, i bet they re-sign Hart and probably Fisher to 1 year deals.  A new coach won't bring them back.

Redmond and Hopkins are both RFA's, so we'll probably see them come back.

So yeah, i think we need to draft some tackles.  I would take 2, and see if either can be developed to replace Glenn.

I'd take teo also.  With there streak we are on, Jonas Williams or Greg Little might be there.  I've seen Risner listed as a round 2-3 guy, and if he ends up in that range, we could grab two.  Risner to RT and the other for LT.  I'd keep Hopkins at C and Price to RG with Boling as the obvious LG.  I'd keep Westerman and Redmond as backups.  If we land Risner, he and Price could be other options at C as well, as Risner played they=re early in his career.  Glenn sticks around as one of them is groomed in the same way Marvin "seasons" all rookie first rounders here. 

I have no idea where Tavon Coney ends up, so he could be a high round 2 option possibly.  I really like Devin White, but we HAVE to improve the offensive line.  West Virginia has Long, who is the ideal size for a coverage LB.  take another possible OT later too, or keep Fisher/Hart around another year.  Draft a fourth round or so TE if we lose more than one of the top three this year.

I'd trade for Cook at TE from the Raiders.  Grab a WR in free agency as well.  Then I'd keep Preston Brown, Dennard, and Eifert/Uzomah.  If we lose the TEs then consider keeping Kroft.  Even tho we have a bunch of FAs, many of them are restricted or ERFA due to bouncing on and off the practice squad.  They obviously make it to camp as depth at worst

Count me in on a first round OT. I haven’t checked out one second of draft eligible players this year so unless a possible franchise qb or that Oliver dude from Houston are there...

Since they won’t be bringing in any worthy free agents just draft three lb’s throughout next year’s draft. Not the best plan but what else can we expect from this franchise.

Just realized.  We're keeping Marvin as head coach for next season.  Bill Lazor gets fired, and Hue Jackson becomes OC.  Marvin will continue to be "DC" unless Paul Guenther gets fired and we bring him back as DC.

The old gang is back together to make a push for another 1-and-done playoff loss...

42 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Just realized.  We're keeping Marvin as head coach for next season.  Bill Lazor gets fired, and Hue Jackson becomes OC.  Marvin will continue to be "DC" unless Paul Guenther gets fired and we bring him back as DC.

The old gang is back together to make a push for another 1-and-done playoff loss...

Vance Joseph is DC if he gets canned in Denver.  Then Vance takes over for Marvin in 2020.  Hue remains as OC.  You just realized this?  That's the first thing I thought of when we hired him.  Lazor sucks.  It makes too much sense.