Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheVillain112

2019 Offseason Plan

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:
 
 
Effective and cheap - the Bengals way. We've seen this before with AJ Hawk and Karlos Dansby. Granted, those didn't work out. Thomas still plays on another level than those two did when they were in stripes. Signing him would give us a veteran presence for the young guys, and added flexibility entering the draft. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/thomas-davis

Eh, pass.

I'm a hoping a new coach means a new emphasis on LB play.  Not just scrounging in the scrap heap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't felt great about the LB's since Dhani Jones suited up.  

Been a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming we hire Zac Taylor, here are the free agent Rams players:

Sean Mannion
Malcolm Brown - RFA
Rodger Saffold
Ethan Westbrooks
Dante Fowler Jr.
Morgan Fox
Ndamukong Suh
Dominique Easley
Matt Longarce
Bryce Hager
Cory Littleton
Ramik Wilson
Sam Shields
Tory Hill - RFA
Blake Countess - RFA
LaMarcus Joyner

I could see a case being made to sign the following:

  • Sean Mannion, QB: Not great but could be a decent backup
  • Ethan Westbrooks, DE: Nice rotational DE.  Replacement for Michael Johnson
  • Cory Littleton, LB: He plays LB and we need a lot of them.
  • Ramik Wilson, LB: See above comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Assuming we hire Zac Taylor, here are the free agent Rams players:

Sean Mannion
Malcolm Brown - RFA
Rodger Saffold
Ethan Westbrooks
Dante Fowler Jr.
Morgan Fox
Ndamukong Suh
Dominique Easley
Matt Longarce
Bryce Hager
Cory Littleton
Ramik Wilson
Sam Shields
Tory Hill - RFA
Blake Countess - RFA
LaMarcus Joyner

I could see a case being made to sign the following:

  • Sean Mannion, QB: Not great but could be a decent backup
  • Ethan Westbrooks, DE: Nice rotational DE.  Replacement for Michael Johnson
  • Cory Littleton, LB: He plays LB and we need a lot of them.
  • Ramik Wilson, LB: See above comment

Pass on Westbrooks.  We already have Johnson's replacement in Hubbard.

 

If we go after any of them, go all in on a quality DL.  It doesn't have to be a rams player, but with the wealth of draftees coming up, I think the route top go is sign a free agent (who might not get as much on the open market due to the draft class) and a starting RT.  Then draft LBs high with another CB, OT and other lesser needs mixed in.

 

If we fill different needs in free agency, draft a d-lineman early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a keen eye on Saffold and Littleton last night. Both looked good.

Littleton made some nice tackles and had a standout play in coverage.

Saffold was mauling people all night. He plays LG for the Rams but I think he looks athletic enough for multiple OL spot - most notably, RT. I don’t think he’ll command a huge deal either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I had a keen eye on Saffold and Littleton last night. Both looked good.

Littleton made some nice tackles and had a standout play in coverage.

Saffold was mauling people all night. He plays LG for the Rams but I think he looks athletic enough for multiple OL spot - most notably, RT. I don’t think he’ll command a huge deal either. 

I was watching Saffold to.  I'm thinking RG myself, but if he can play RT that would work too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Pass...

 

He's under contract.  If they cut him and he's signed for some small deal, great.  But any trade would be terrible, because that contract is too much for a backup QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Pass...

 

I can't imagine the Blackburn's and Tobin okay'd the idea of trading Dalton, or bringing in Tannehill to back him up, during the interview process. I would also be shocked if they gave him full autonomy to make a drastic move such as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw a draft on cbs where the bengals traded don to 15 and drafted Jonah Williams. So, that's cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Pass...

 

Goodberry has a comparison of Tannehill to Dalton on Twitter this morning.  They are essentially the same player since they entered the league one year apart.

Edited by THE DUKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see the point in bringing in Tannehill unless they are getting some sweet deal on trading away Dalton. Just change for the sake of change at that point. Now if we are drafting a QB and letting him start from day 1 and trade away Dalton to a team like the Redskins for a 2nd and 3rd I could do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Goodberry has a comparison of Tannehill to Dalton on Twitter this morning.  They are essentially the same player since they entered the league one year apart.

So what exactly would be the point of bringing in Dalton 2.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×