2019 Offseason Plan

TheVillain112

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

so...

Geno- Oliver- Dunlap

Hubbard- Vigil- Burfict- Lawson

or do you think we nab a linebacker to replace Burfict. Aside from Devin White, Mack Wilson, or Devin Bush I don't think any other player would be a plug and play.

Or swap Geno and Oliver at Nose.  Either way that would be the 3-down pass rushing lineup.  You have 5 guys attacking the QB, who better get that ball out quickly. On first down, it would probably be Billings at nose.

As for LB, address it in FA.  KJ Wright, CJ Mosley, Stephone Anthony, Denzel Perryman, Kwon Alexander, etc...  Plenty of guys in FA that we could add...

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Oliver can't play the nose. Billings would have to start. And Dunlap would need to add weight to play end or lose weight to play OLB.

I'd much rather we stay as is in a 43. 

I don't think it really matters tbh if we play 4-3 or 3-4.  Play 4-3 base, and switch to 3-4 alignments as well.  Multiple fronts/alignments is where the NFL is going...

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I've been having dreams of Geno Akins, Carlos Dunlap, and Ed Oliver on the line with Lawson and Hubbard at OLB.  If only...

I'd see Hubbard as more of a DE in that setup.  Dunlap to olb.

Honestly,  the only real personnel change you need for the 3-4 is an olb that fits the mold. Lawson has that locked, so the transition wouldn't be too hard.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Hello Bengals Friends.

I have Sam Hubbard in a dynasty league and was just wondering what your thoughts were on his play as a rookie and his role moving forward.

He is currently my third end behind Cam Jordan and Trey Flowers. 

If the Bengals will let him play end and not force him as a DT, he could be solid.  He'll never be a 12 sack guy, but he has the ability to get half of that every year.

Archived