2019 Offseason Plan

TheVillain112

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

The sooner we realize we're in a rebuild the better it will be

Given the recent turnarounds by other franchises, i don't think rebuild is the right word anymore.

You either have a QB, or you don't.

The Bengals probably don't.  So i'm fine if they move on too.  But there better be a plan.  I'm not tuning in to watch Jeff Driskel win 2 games next year.  And you can't sell me on Ryan Tannehill either.

Also, if people are convinced this team is 2-3 years away, that makes me sad panda because we probably only have 2-3 more great years of AJ Green.  So i'm going to hold out hope they can compete next year.

5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I am over this uncertainty.  C'mon Saints! 

Also tired of hearing about mediocre thirtysomething QBs we could sign. We either keep Dalton as starter and draft someone to groom for a few years, or make a move up for haskins.  Nothing else makes sense. 

Kyler Murray?

15 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I am over this uncertainty.  C'mon Saints! 

Also tired of hearing about mediocre thirtysomething QBs we could sign. We either keep Dalton as starter and draft someone to groom for a few years, or make a move up for haskins.  Nothing else makes sense. 

I think they take someone in the later rounds this year or next. Problem is they're not going to be in a position to draft in the top 5 in all likelihood, so it's going to have to be a developmental guy. 

They could trade up, but do we think they're going to be more aggressive than some other teams that don't have a QB at all? I don't. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I wonder if a trade to a QB needy team involving Dalton to move up would be enough. Like say we moved up with Jacksonville for pick 11 and Dalton

I'm really torn on what his trade value is.  Last year, I feel like Alex Smith was traded for and and Minnesota paid a lot of money for a similar guy in Kirk Cousins, but also this off-season, it looks like Foles, Teddy Bridgewater and Joe Flacco will all be out there for a team that wants a vet qb.  While I easily prefer Dalton for us over any f those guys, I am not 100% convinced that another team will agree.

29 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm really torn on what his trade value is.  Last year, I feel like Alex Smith was traded for and and Minnesota paid a lot of money for a similar guy in Kirk Cousins, but also this off-season, it looks like Foles, Teddy Bridgewater and Joe Flacco will all be out there for a team that wants a vet qb.  While I easily prefer Dalton for us over any f those guys, I am not 100% convinced that another team will agree.

He’s probably worth way more to us that elsewhere. 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:00 PM, Beck Bristow said:

Did you see him against bama?  Dude was a good college qb as long as he didn't face any defense.  He's not an NFL qb.

Like JBF said, he threw for 300 and ran for a 100 more. It's also not his fault that the Big 12 has no defenses in it's league. Baker Mayfield struggled against Georgia last year in the semi finals when he finally faced a defense. What you should be looking at are the traits he displays to play the position. 

I’d rather fix the trenches and add linebackers and a stud TE this draft than gamble in a weak QB class. I don’t think any of these kids coming in will be better than Dalton. Why not ride him out one more year and patch the glaring holes on the team? If he doesn’t get it done next year find a replacement in a good QB class next year

Archived