The Good, The Bad, The Defense vs. Rams

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

No, he didn't.

Here is the link to the presser if you want the whole interview for context and not just a paraphrased comment.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPqnZjXQKN

Bruh everything is a paraphrase on some level. It doesn't change the meaning one bit. He also said the defense made improvement from last week...

"I like the direction we're headed in". I can also speak in platitudes and sound positive. But it doesn't reflect reality and there's nothing wrong with calling that out.

If your head coach is saying the defense is "poor" and your defensive coordinator says "I like the direction they're headed in", isn't there something wrong with that picture.

He went after Vic Tafur in the offseason for harping on negatives, pointing out that the team went 12-4. If you don't see what's wrong with that statement, you're blindly optimistic to the extreme

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bruh everything is a paraphrase on some level. It doesn't change the meaning one bit. He also said the defense made improvement from last week...

"I like the direction we're headed in". I can also speak in platitudes and sound positive. But it doesn't reflect reality and there's nothing wrong with calling that out.

If your head coach is saying the defense is "poor" and your defensive coordinator says "I like the direction they're headed in", isn't there something wrong with that picture.

He went after Vic Tafur in the offseason for harping on negatives, pointing out that the team went 12-4. If you don't see what's wrong with that statement, you're blindly optimistic to the extreme

I was answering SilverNBlackFan question.

That weak excuse of "everything is a paraphrase on some level" is gonna fly. Just won't.

When you put quotations on a statement, you aren't saying this is what they meant to say or how I took it, which is what you were doing. You are saying this is what came out of their mouth. Period.

I posted the link so people could hear what was said in it's full context.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

I was answering SilverNBlackFan question.

That weak excuse of "everything is a paraphrase on some level" is gonna fly. Just won't.

When you put quotations on a statement, you aren't saying this is what they meant to say or how I took it, which is what you were doing. You are saying this is what came out of their mouth. Period.

I posted the link so people could hear what was said in it's full context.

The context makes it worse...

I have no need to make an excuse ... I'm not the one being defensive about our coordinator's mediocrity and lunacy. If you considered the bigger picture of my quote, you would understand my concern.

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The context makes it worse...

I have no need to make an excuse ... I'm not the one being defensive about our coordinator's mediocrity and lunacy. If you considered the bigger picture of my quote, you would understand my concern.

If you have no need to make excuses then why did you?

That is what liars do.

Once again, I was answering a question and providing context which anyone can take however they like.

But you won't bait me into retreading the same discussions that have already be beaten to death.

49 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If you have no need to make excuses then why did you?

That is what liars do.

Once again, I was answering a question and providing context which anyone can take however they like.

But you won't bait me into retreading the same discussions that have already be beaten to death.

Changing a word or so has nothing to do with my integrity. I can't remember every quote to verbatim :/ . I'm a forum poster, not a reporter. I highly doubt me not giving a verbatim quote misconstrues norton's words at all. I would be more concerned why you need to come after my integrity for a quote I posted  .  Seems like a pretty trivial thing to me.

I'm not baiting anyone. I just like to share my opinions. If you don't agree, why do you continually try to pick on minutiae of my arguments...

For as much hate as KNJ gets, at least our defense was able to create an insane amount of turnovers last season.  He really taught our team how to strip the ball.  We had a lot of FF last season and a decent amount of picks.  I know Reggie Nelson isn't a top 10 safety, but the guy had like 5 interceptions last season.  Mack and B. Irvin combined for like 15 FF. Lol.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Changing a word or so has nothing to do with my integrity. I can't remember every quote to verbatim :/ . I'm a forum poster, not a reporter. I highly doubt me not giving a verbatim quote misconstrues norton's words at all. I would be more concerned why you need to come after my integrity for a quote I posted  .  Seems like a pretty trivial thing to me.

I'm not baiting anyone. I just like to share my opinions. If you don't agree, why do you continually try to pick on minutiae of my arguments...

SMH...For the third time, I was answering another users question. Wasn't talking to you. You found it necessary to rely to me. Don't be mad cause you were wrong and got called out on it after you instigated the convo. Here is what you replied to in case you forgot...

"No, he didn't.

Here is the link to the presser if you want the whole interview for context and not just a paraphrased comment.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPqnZjXQKN"

52 minutes ago, Jerry said:

For as much hate as KNJ gets, at least our defense was able to create an insane amount of turnovers last season.  He really taught our team how to strip the ball.  We had a lot of FF last season and a decent amount of picks.  I know Reggie Nelson isn't a top 10 safety, but the guy had like 5 interceptions last season.  Mack and B. Irvin combined for like 15 FF. Lol.

Relying on turnovers to get off the field really isn't sustainable though. 

17 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Relying on turnovers to get off the field really isn't sustainable though. 

I'm just saying the amount of turnovers we had prior to him becoming our DC was pathetic.  Our turnover ratio has completely changed over the last 3-4 years.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Isn't Irvin known for his ability to strip? God I hope it was him and we get like 30 turnovers this year.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Isn't Irvin known for his ability to strip? God I hope it was him and we get like 30 turnovers this year.

You can look at it two ways.

Irvin is rushing from most QB's blindside and is lunging to reach them. It's a natural progression to get strips from that position.

But you can also say that KNJ has helped him develop that as he has coached him his entire NFL career, first as his LB coach in SEA for 3 yrs and then the last 2 yrs here.

Either way we all hope the FFs, sacks and ints continues. They were a reason we won or helped us seal alot of games last year.

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

You can look at it two ways.

Irvin is rushing from most QB's blindside and is lunging to reach them. It's a natural progression to get strips from that position.

But you can also say that KNJ has helped him develop that as he has coached him his entire NFL career, first as his LB coach in SEA for 3 yrs and then the last 2 yrs here.

Either way we all hope the FFs, sacks and ints continues. They were a reason we won or helped us seal alot of games last year.

I'd like your post if I could (I can't yet), but I absolutely agree.  Our ability to close out games last season on both sides of the ball was a major reason why we were able to win so many close games.  With a couple more seasons like last year, K. Mack and D. Carr could write a book on how to close out games.  Man do I wish I could relive the first 14-15 games of last year.

Archived