Bengals QB Andy Dalton to IR

TheVillain112

On 11/27/2018 at 12:44 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Marvin is different than Hue.  Remember the stories before Hue took the Browns job?  The rumors were that Marvin and Hue pitched a succession plan of Hue taking over after Marvin retired, and Mike Brown rejected it.  Hue then took the Browns job.  How Hue's performance with the Browns changes that I don't see.

I know Mike Brown is the worst owner in all of sports history, but even he's not dumb enough to think it makes any sense to hire Hue Jackson as the next head coach...

What people really dont understand is what Marvin has done for the Bengals and why Mike Brown likes him so much.  When Marvin first took the job Tony Kornheiser on PTI said "if he wins 6 games a year there they will build him a statue". Pre-Marv Cinci was the worst team in the NFL and probably in the 5 worst in sports.  They were a joke.  Then Marv came in, they made some smart drafting decisions and were in the playoffs in 2 years.  The team has not had the 1st overall pick since Marvin Took over, after having it 50% of the time in the 2 decades prior.  In Mike Browns eyes Marvin is a God.  I'm sure Brown is terrified that once Marvin goes, the success goes with it and they are back to being the worst team in the league.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What people really dont understand is what Marvin has done for the Bengals and why Mike Brown likes him so much.  When Marvin first took the job Tony Kornheiser on PTI said "if he wins 6 games a year there they will build him a statue". Pre-Marv Cinci was the worst team in the NFL and probably in the 5 worst in sports.  They were a joke.  Then Marv came in, they made some smart drafting decisions and were in the playoffs in 2 years.  The team has not had the 1st overall pick since Marvin Took over, after having it 50% of the time in the 2 decades prior.  In Mike Browns eyes Marvin is a God.  I'm sure Brown is terrified that once Marvin goes, the success goes with it and they are back to being the worst team in the league.

Probably because he's right. Marv is the only one that can talk to Brown and get him to go alpng. A new coach won't have that.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:56 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Probably because he's right. Marv is the only one that can talk to Brown and get him to go alpng. A new coach won't have that.

I refuse to believe that Marvin possesses truly unique qualities that no other coach has.  Just seems absurd.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, jrry32 said:

Sorry, the invitations only extends to theJ and TheVillain. A certain Master of Cheese is not invited.

Well, then.................

As for Hue, he's obviously lining up for the OC job next year because Lazor is an idiot.  Marvin will probably get one more year.  Brown will cite injuries as the reason for the record, as we were 4-1 at one point, before Eifert and others went down.  I could also see a scenario where Marvin bumps up to the front office (under a newly-created title, not as GM) and they brought in a well respected veteran HC and keep the majority of the rest of the coaches in place (McCarthy, Coughlin, that sort of coach that has history with Marvin).  Then they'd only need to find a DC.  

Archived