🏈 Week 13: Panthers (6-5) @ Bucs (4-7)

bucsfan333

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Please just stop turning over the ball. We would be so unstoppable.

He s always been good on 3rd down throughout his career.  I believe they ve been top 10 in 3rd down efficiency since his 2nd season.  Imagine if there was any type of consistent running game.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He s always been good on 3rd down throughout his career.  I believe they ve been top 10 in 3rd down efficiency since his 2nd season.  Imagine if there was any type of consistent running game.

I'll take almost 53% on third downs, with no running game, if we can stop turning over the ball on 25% of our drives.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll take almost 53% on third downs, with no running game, if we can stop turning over the ball on 25% of our drives.

Considering how the HC publically laminates the QB keeps missing DJax and he isn t running slants or shallow crosses very often, turnovers are going to be an issue.  Pretty apparent the QBs are being instructed to look deep most times first.  

Matt Ryan threw his most INTs, I believe his 2 highest totals under Koetter.  Ryan s OCs have been Mularkey, Koetter, Shanahan, and Sarkisian.  I want one year for Winston under a different voice.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Considering how the HC publically laminates the QB keeps missing DJax and he isn t running slants or shallow crosses very often, turnovers are going to be an issue.  Pretty apparent the QBs are being instructed to look deep most times first.  

Matt Ryan threw his most INTs, I believe his 2 highest totals under Koetter.  Ryan s OCs have been Mularkey, Koetter, Shanahan, and Sarkisian.  I want one year for Winston under a different voice.

He’s had Todd Monken this year. Threw 10 picks in 3.5 games 

It will be interesting to see if Duffner can get this defense to even improve a little more.  He is using the Mike Smith playbook, I wonder what other wrinkles he would have as a full time DC.  At his age, he could be that vet DC with a young offensive mind.  Important 5 games for Duffner.

Same could be written for Monken.  Using the Koetter playbook.  Interesting that Koetter didn t even have a play sheet in hand to start the season.  He certainly has one now, so how much freedom does he really have on game day, we ll never know.  If I m Monken I want a HC job this offseason either in college or pros.  His resume has really benefited by this mess of a season.

54 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It will be interesting to see if Duffner can get this defense to even improve a little more.  He is using the Mike Smith playbook, I wonder what other wrinkles he would have as a full time DC.  At his age, he could be that vet DC with a young offensive mind.  Important 5 games for Duffner.

Same could be written for Monken.  Using the Koetter playbook.  Interesting that Koetter didn t even have a play sheet in hand to start the season.  He certainly has one now, so how much freedom does he really have on game day, we ll never know.  If I m Monken I want a HC job this offseason either in college or pros.  His resume has really benefited by this mess of a season.

Who knew we'd end up with two coordinators from this regime that seem worthy of other opportunities. Maybe even promotions. 😂

Excluding Koetter's early promotion, obviously.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Who knew we'd end up with two coordinators from this regime that seem worthy of other opportunities. Maybe even promotions. 😂

Excluding Koetter's early promotion, obviously.

#ItsABucsLife, if only Koetter made the DC change in January like we hoped.  Loyalty and stuborness two traits Koetter has shown an abundance to have will be his demise with this job.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

#ItsABucsLife, if only Koetter made the DC change in January like we hoped.  Loyalty and stuborness two traits Koetter has shown an abundance to have will be his demise with this job.

True. But to be fair, that's pretty much every coach.

35 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

True. But to be fair, that's pretty much every coach.

Agree to a point.  John Harbaugh had no problem axing coordinators.  Realistically, a HC gets 3 years to prove himself.  So I m assuming a HC weighs enough time to make a change will have an impact.  I have no idea why Lovie stripped Frazier of play calling duties, that decision helped terminate him quucker, IMO.

Archived