Leonard Fournette Suspended 1 game for fighting

LinderFournette

And he's going to appeal.... of course. And he'll lose, and he should.

Running to the opposite side of the field after coming off the bench to insert yourself into a fight is just stupid. Regardless of "running to back up your team mate" or not, it's stupid. Name 1 fight in the NFL, ever, that amounted to more than just a few punches thrown (at a helmet, no less, idiot) and continued bad blood. The answer, never. There's never been a knockout, defined winner in a NFL fight, ever.

He's an idiot, and deserves to sit a game and think about it for the next time his roid rage gets the best of him.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

And he's going to appeal.... of course. And he'll lose, and he should.

Running to the opposite side of the field after coming off the bench to insert yourself into a fight is just stupid. Regardless of "running to back up your team mate" or not, it's stupid. Name 1 fight in the NFL, ever, that amounted to more than just a few punches thrown (at a helmet, no less, idiot) and continued bad blood. The answer, never. There's never been a knockout, defined winner in a NFL fight, ever.

He's an idiot, and deserves to sit a game and think about it for the next time his roid rage gets the best of him.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://gifsoup.com/view/4703619/andre-johnson-fight-gif.html

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

CreamyRealFlounder-max-1mb.gif

'Dre begs to differ. (No suspension, by the way).

Didn't look knocked out to me. 
I'm not sure what fighting has come to these days. If you're going to fight, put the other guy in the ground, not just wrestle him down.

I'll say it again. there's never been a KNOCKOUT defined winner in an NFL fight, Ever.

These guys are idiots these days. Punch a helmet... BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure what fighting has come to these days. If you're going to fight, put the other guy in the ground, not just wrestle him down.

I'll say it again. there's never been a KNOCKOUT defined winner in an NFL fight, Ever.

Because NFL player's aren't trying to be arrested and spend time in prison lmao. Even if you don't get charged, If someone knocks a guy unconscious on live TV he would be banned from ever playing in the NFL again for sure.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

So you're just eliminating half of what you said regarding there "never being a winner"?

What about the Ramsey/Green fight where Green grabbed Ramsey by the neck and flipped him twice along with punches being thrown? No defined winner in that fight either?

Just because a dude hasn't gotten knocked out doesn't mean a teammate should stand on the sideline/not go and back his friends/teammates if they're in a bad situation, dumb or not as far as getting kicked out. I'm sure Hyde and the rest of that locker room were happy to see a guy go bustling in to help a teammate out. Sucks as far as the outcome for the Bills game/likely cost us the game, and with that it's dumb, but not the actual action of running in to get the back of a fellow brother. At least not to me. You act like videos like that of Finnegan or that of Ramsey last year couldn't have resulted in some type of injury.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So you're just eliminating half of what you said regarding there "never being a winner"?

What about the Ramsey/Green fight where Green grabbed Ramsey by the neck and flipped him twice along with punches being thrown? No defined winner in that fight either?

Just because a dude hasn't gotten knocked out doesn't mean a teammate should stand on the sideline/not go and back his friends/teammates if they're in a bad situation, dumb or not as far as getting kicked out. I'm sure Hyde and the rest of that locker room were happy to see a guy go bustling in to help a teammate out. Sucks as far as the outcome for the Bills game/likely cost us the game, and with that it's dumb, but not the actual action of running in to get the back of a fellow brother. At least not to me. You act like videos like that of Finnegan or that of Ramsey last year couldn't have resulted in some type of injury.

The point is, it's pointless and stupid to come off the bench, run across the field, and punch a guy's helmet. That stupidity in and of itself is worth a game suspension.

Don't get pissed at me, I'm not the idiot that acted inappropriately. 

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

The point is, it's pointless and stupid to come off the bench, run across the field, and punch a guy's helmet. That stupidity in and of itself is worth a game suspension.

Don't get pissed at me, I'm not the idiot that acted inappropriately. 

Punching a guys helmet? Sure.

Coming off the sideline, running across the field, and backing a brother when there was two opposing players in his face jawing? No, that is not stupid. Secondly, the dude punched/slapped (sure looked like his hand was open when he actually threw his hands and connected) his helmet twice, than got underneath the guys helmet. It's not like he was just throwing big haymakers at his helmet trying to wreck his hand. Lawson had to bear hug the guy for him to stop, so clearly Lawson wasn't liking whatever was happening even while having the helmet on. So it must have done some level of something to the guy.

I'm not pissed at you, you are making a comment and I'm replying to why I agree OR don't agree with it which is what a forum is for.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Punching a guys helmet? Sure.

Coming off the sideline, running across the field, and backing a brother when there was two opposing players in his face jawing? No, that is not stupid. Secondly, the dude punched/slapped (sure looked like his hand was open when he actually threw his hands and connected) his helmet twice, than got underneath the guys helmet. It's not like he was just throwing big haymakers at his helmet trying to wreck his hand. Lawson had to bear hug the guy for him to stop, so clearly Lawson wasn't liking whatever was happening even while having the helmet on. So it must have done some level of something to the guy.

I'm not pissed at you, you are making a comment and I'm replying to why I agree OR don't agree with it which is what a forum is for.

I bolded the issues.
Open hand is almost dumber than a fist. I mean, you gonna fight, or slap? All of the above is just stupid.

Now, I'll admit that there's probably some camaraderie built between he and his buddy's, but there's a lot more at risk to the whole team by taking a loss due to his actions, and now missing an entire game, which is just stupid.

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

I bolded the issues.
Open hand is almost dumber than a fist. I mean, you gonna fight, or slap? All of the above is just stupid.

Now, I'll admit that there's probably some camaraderie built between he and his buddy's, but there's a lot more at risk to the whole team by taking a loss due to his actions, and now missing an entire game, which is just stupid.

Yeah, because the difference between a slap or a punch is going to be the difference between a fight when they have helmets on as you alluded to. If he has a well gripped fist I can assure you the chances of a hand injury are much higher than slapping his helmet. Hence why he also went under his helmet after the first go.

Our team is 3-8 and has lacked fire all season. We aren't going anywhere. I can say personally I liked the fight I saw from Fournette more than the alternative. Based on past suspensions as I said, I don't think anyone could have expected an extra game on top of getting kicked out.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

You're aware these guys stand to lose more money than you or I are going to ever see in our combined lifetimes by taking that "put 'em in the ground" view, right?

You know a guy who put 'em in the ground? Aaron Hernandez. How'd that work out for him?

11 hours ago, Elky said:

They were were never that good in the first place. Their schedule last year was an absolute joke.

And your division has been a joke for a year. Cant change that either

Glad to see someone on the team had some fight left in them...but didn't want it that way. Oh well, on to the draft

Archived