• Bruce Irvin
    • Gabe Jackson
    • Karl Joseph
    • Marquette King
    • Marshawn Lynch
    • Keleche Osemele
    • Donald Penn

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Would you get bumrushed up the gut with Gabe and KO though? That's what I'm sayin

Would you get blindsided with a quick release and the unbalanced lines we use?  We don't have world beaters as backups at LT, but we could help them out.  Don't forget about Lee Smith and his function.

The real interesting thought here, in my opinion, is that we very well could be without Penn for an extended period of time.  Though I think he caves first.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Would you get blindsided with a quick release and the unbalanced lines we use?  We don't have world beaters as backups at LT, but we could help them out.  Don't forget about Lee Smith and his function.

The real interesting thought here, in my opinion, is that we very well could be without Penn for an extended period of time.  Though I think he caves first.

I'll give you lee smith. That's not a bad argument, though we didn't have him last year so it's hard to say how much he would have helped. Still, he'll solidify the line.

On 21/08/2017 at 8:24 AM, Silver&Black88 said:

Went Hudson.  We can get by without Coop. We can get by without one of the Guards.  Hudson would be really hard to go on without all year.  Guys is such a good blocker and so great at making the line calls.  Center is one of those positions where you don't know how good you have it until it goes wrong.

Totally agree with this S&B88. Though Penn (assuming he plays at a similar level to last year) would be a huge blow too. I feel Carr could potentially compensate for the loss of Penn with his quick release but I think we'd feel the loss of Hudson more in the communication and run blocking department though it's a close call. We now have the weapons in our arsenal to cover for one of the WRs I feel with Cook, Smith, Lynch and hopefully Roberts progressing and being more consistent. 

Archived