Broncos @ Bengals GDT

broncosfan07

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I assume even with Driskel Boyd will get to pick on Roby some.

Also Walker was not an nfl player due to lack of athleticism. Even in a 4-3 he wasn’t going to match anywhere near his college production. Like a poster already said he would win often inside in college against college lineman and in a 4-3 he could have limited success in pass situations there but against nfl lineman it wouldn’t be much. Shouldn’t have been drafted by us and should have definitely not been drafted by us in round 2. He was like the Scooby Wright of dlineman. 

I think Harris is going to get a lot of Boyd in the slot - IIRC something like 97 percent of snaps CHJ stays in slot when teams go 3-wide vs. us (that was b4 the PIT game).   But yeah whoever gets Roby should win their fair share.   

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think Harris is going to get a lot of Boyd in the slot - IIRC something like 97 percent of snaps CHJ stays in slot when teams go 3-wide vs. us (that was b4 the PIT game).   But yeah whoever gets Roby should win their fair share.   

Roby against green is a scary thought. Go Dawgs

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Roby against green is a scary thought. Go Dawgs

Funny part is CIN was using AJG about 35 percent of time in slot to get him off bracket / top CB coverage.  Their new OC who took over last year seems to get it.   Interesting to see what they do here knowing Harris is usually static vs. 3-WR sets.  Same for us.  Bracket AJG and put Boyd on Harris is an option - the Deion Sanders approach when facing teams with 2 main weapons.   

I actually liked DeMarcus Walker as a prospect.  He’s just a terrible fit in the 3/4 and made no sense as a selection for the Broncos.  He entered the league as a 6’4” 280 pounder that Denver tried to use as an OLB at one point, they literally have had no idea what to do with him in this system.

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

I actually liked DeMarcus Walker as a prospect.  He’s just a terrible fit in the 3/4 and made no sense as a selection for the Broncos.  He entered the league as a 6’4” 280 pounder that Denver tried to use as an OLB at one point, they literally have had no idea what to do with him in this system.

You can like him but he wouldn’t have succeeded in a 4-3 either. I hope he gets a chance in a 4-3 to prove me right. 

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The draft was in Philly that year when we picked Walker. And the guy that turned our pick in called local  radio and said we crossed out a name and picked walker the last second.  I would love to know who that was.

Knowing Elway and his love for all-tool no-actual-skill guys and reaching hard for guys so he knew he'd get them no matter how the Big Board played out back then, it was probably Carlos Henderson.

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Knowing Elway and his love for all-tool no-actual-skill guys and reaching hard for guys so he knew he'd get them no matter how the Big Board played out back then, it was probably Carlos Henderson.

That wouldn't make sense though because the guy  said it's crazy how decisions change teams futures. Saying how much of a pressure cooker it is and jobs are on the line and how he loved being there in front of the drama. And the second and third rounds are the same day. So we already had carlos when he made a call in. He said hes interested to follow both players careers but wouldn't give  a name. 

Hey guys. Been off for a while but have been following the games of course.

I feel if we don't win today, our hunt is over. In a bit of a difficult position as the Broncos and Colts are both looking for a wild card spot. Would be nice if both could get one. :)

But we should win today. The Bengals have a backup who's never made a start playing. Of course that doesn't mean anything and Jeff Driskel may be an absolute top player but we must show up today.

As for how I feel Keenum has done? OK I guess. He's not been terrible but not brilliant either nor did I expect him to be. I feel we should keep an eye on QB's this off season. 

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

That wouldn't make sense though because the guy  said it's crazy how decisions change teams futures. Saying how much of a pressure cooker it is and jobs are on the line and how he loved being there in front of the drama. And the second and third rounds are the same day. So we already had carlos when he made a call in. He said hes interested to follow both players careers but wouldn't give  a name. 

It was a joke.  Internet needs a sarcasm icon lol.  Walker was a Rd2 pick Henderson Rd3 so that was the punch line. 

Archived