GDT: Saints (10-1) @ Cowboys (6-5)

Canadian Saint

So let me paint a picture for you. Lets say hypothetically your team is the clear cut #1 seed in the NFC. Has a 4 game lead in the division. And has a QB who is putting up an MVP year. Going into the 13th week of the season, you are probably can take a breather right? Wrong. With the Rams not slowing down, the Saints can ill-afford to take it easy. If the road to the superbowl goes through the Superdome, I think we'll all rest a little easier going into the playoffs.

This weeks opponent is the surprising Dallas Cowboys. Top of the NFC East and sporting a very stringy D.

Injury Bug:

We will keep an eye out when we get closer to Thursday, but as of Monday here are the injuries for both sides. https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-monday-injury-report-2018-week-13-at-dallas-cowboys

Armstead being the only DNP for the good guys. LB Lee, DE Irving, OT Smith, WR Austin and TE Swaim were DNP for the Cowboys.

Underrated Saint:

So this week I wanted to give a shout out to OT Ryan "Back up plan since Foster got picked" Ramczyk. After trading Cooks, a lot of us were furious that we missed on Foster and took an OT. How wrong were we. One just got cut from the 49ers after another off the field incident, the other is anchoring the RT spot for a superbowl contender and being one of the best in his position. PPF ranks him the 5th best OT (Armstead is #1), and is a part of the best O-line in football. Great player who doesn't get enough praise.

Coaches corner:

This is a bit of a weird team. They currently have the top rushing RB (Elliot), with a 5th most YPC in the league. However, they've given up the 2nd most sacks (39) and 6th most QB hits in the league. I know they've got some long term injuries (GBS is such a horrible diagnosis for their C) in the O-line but this might really play into our hands to stop them offensively. If we can limit how effective Elliot is with our #1 run D, and make Dak beat us through the air, I think we'll have a lot of success. Amari Cooper has played well (Still don't think he's worth a 1st round pick in this posters opinion), but I trust this D to get it done. Defensively, they give up the 3rd least pts/G at 19.4, 7th least yrds/G at 331.1. Their run D is 5th giving up 3.7 YPC, and 4th in rushing yards/game at 93.6. I think we'll see a healthy dose of Brees airing it out before we establish the ground game and churn out the clock. Score early and often, and put pressure on Dak to keep up. Sidenote, I believe our D hasn't given up 20 pts in the past 4 games. All in all, I think we win this. 34-14.

Geaux Saints.

Our QB holds no authority in Dallas? He and Payton are 9-2 with the Saints against the so called "'boys" (not men, I guess). I like our chances against The Clapping Ginger.

I do appreciate that the poster understand that you "can't guard Mike". So he got something right.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Our QB holds no authority in Dallas? He and Payton are 9-2 with the Saints against the so called "'boys" (not men, I guess). I like our chances against The Clapping Ginger.

I do appreciate that the poster understand that you "can't guard Mike". So he got something right.

Bro what are you even talking about? Weve only played you guys once since Brees has been with the Saints; it was in 2009.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Weve only played you guys once since Brees has been with the Saints; it was in 2009.

We've played a total of 6 times in recent years including Dec 19, 2009 when Romo slaughtered us in our dome. Our track record against you is 4-2 in those games. Here they are:

12/19/09: Dal@NO: 24-17 ( but it was nothing like that close :( ) 
11/25/10: NO@Dal: 30-27
12/23/12: NO@Dal: 34-31
11/10/13: Dal@NO: 17-49
09/28/14: NO@Dal: 17-38
10/04/15: Dal@NO: 20-26

I agree that it feels like forever (and it's been since '15 so I guess that qualifies?) but we've played each other fairly consistently. More frequently when we were both winning for sure. I don't think we've played the Dak and Zeke show yet though so this'll be new for us. We've done everything from close wins to close losses to getting blown out in your place so this'll be what it is. The Saints are a slow team to get started so the September 28 massacre in '14 doesn't surprise me much. I'd be a lot more shocked if you blew us out this time TBH. Later in the season we're pretty good generally. Doesn't mean we'll win but a 38-17 showing is pretty unlikely I feel.

Anywho. Clean game please, no more injuries for either squad. I liked it a lot better when you guys were middling about and not doing much. I'm significantly less confident now than I was two weeks ago in this game. I'll go 31-24 Saints but in a nail-biter when you get the ball last. WHODAT!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bro what are you even talking about? Weve only played you guys once since Brees has been with the Saints; it was in 2009.

Lol?  We've played at least 8 or 9 times.  We've won every year except 2009 and 2014.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Lol?  We've played at least 8 or 9 times.  We've won every year except 2009 and 2014.

He's making a joke, because he'd rather forget most of the games against us since then. He'd rather try to remember what it was like when Dallas actually had a good team.

29 minutes ago, NS922 said:
40 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He's making a joke, because he'd rather forget most of the games against us since then. He'd rather try to remember what it was like when Dallas actually had a good team.

At least someone gets humor. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I F'ed up. I inadvertently looked at 1996 to now, rather than 2006 to now. My bad.

Either way, @nolaexpat got it closier (thank you). Need to add the 2006 romping where we destroyed the Cowboys 42-17. 
Including 2006, the Saints (Payton/Brees) are 5/2 over the Cowpokes. So, I like our odds over the clapping Ginger.

9 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

So, I like our odds over the clapping Ginger.

I guess our only hope is that Painkiller Payton is high as a kite :D

You guys will likely win, probably by double digits. But expect the game to be much closer than our divisional rivals. As much ish as Garrett gets, he usually has the team ready to play. It feels like we rarely get trounced on; often we win the game that everyone expects us to lose. 

Ha! Sorry... at work and just reading things like "Oh - wait I bet we played since '09". I couldn't remember though for real so I looked. My b. Point taken. :)

But srsly - apparently you beat us pretty bad one year. I watch almost every Saints game and they all bleed into one so I can't separate most beatings from each other. '09 was special and sad though.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

No authority? Andrew Christopher Brees was born in Texas (Austin) and to Texas he shall return...to feast once again.

...... seeing as he went to my rival school, I know that. He was a bit before me, I was sandwiched between him and Foles. But we had the Griffen brothers (Michael and Marcus); so we were the better team when I was in HS. 

Archived