Week 13 - Broncos (Jeff Driskel era begins)

TheVillain112

47 minutes ago, theJ said:

You are super excited about Driskel, aren't you?

All joking aside when's the last time we had a QB with arm strength? Akili Smith?  Yes, yes, yes, I know there's a lot more to playing the position, but still.  Palmer was OK, Kitna, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, McCarron are all average to subpar.

We have receivers like AJ Green, and John Ross who are/can be some of the best deep ball threats in the league but Dalton can't hit them.  John Ross could have had a deep ball TD against the Browns if Dalton didn't overthrow him.

I've said it since he was drafted, but Dalton + Ross is a terrible combination.  I'm interested in seeing if Ross can break a long TD now that Driskel is the QB...

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

So you want to draft Haskins?

I would not, but as Joe Goodberry says he would be willing to draft a QB every year until we get an elite one.  So I wouldn't be mad if we did.

It's that important of a position.  If we had that mentality maybe we would have drafted Teddy Bridgewater instead of Dennard.  Maybe we would have drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of John Ross.  It's not about getting it right every time, it's about just needing to get it right once and then you're set for 10 years...

8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

All joking aside when's the last time we had a QB with arm strength? Akili Smith?  Yes, yes, yes, I know there's a lot more to playing the position, but still.  Palmer was OK, Kitna, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, McCarron are all average to subpar.

Palmer's arm was really good before the elbow injury. But yeah, its been a while. 

Archived