Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheVillain112

Week 13 - Broncos (Jeff Driskel era begins)

Recommended Posts

AJ coming back gives the team a boost.  There's a chance it stops the downward spiral.

But for the first time in a long time (maybe ever), i'd rather they lose.  Any runs between now and then (combined with the injury issues this year), just give Mike Brown a reason to bring back Marv.

It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, theJ said:

AJ coming back gives the team a boost.  There's a chance it stops the downward spiral.

But for the first time in a long time (maybe ever), i'd rather they lose.  Any runs between now and then (combined with the injury issues this year), just give Mike Brown a reason to bring back Marv.

It's time to move on.

This is a massive concern of mine as well.  I really do think Driskel can show something, and we have enough weapons with Green, Boyd, Ross, Mixon, and Gio to do some damage.

I hate seeing this team look terrible, but it probably needs to happen for Marvin (and Hue) to be gone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are nuts. Only way Marvin isn't coaching next year is if Hue Jackson is.  Understand that and do whatever you have to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

You guys are nuts. Only way Marvin isn't coaching next year is if Hue Jackson is.  Understand that and do whatever you have to do. 

The chances Marvin comes back are probably better than we'd like them to be.  However, i do think the empty stadium speaks volume, and Mike has to notice that.  

For a long time, Mike Brown and the Bengals have always publicly stated that the fans will come back if the team starts winning.  It's been three years now since they've fielded a competitive team, and people aren't coming back.  When they announced Marvin was coming back last year, 10k season ticket holders cancelled.  

At this point, the only way to fill it back up is to create some excitement.  The only way to create some excitement for sure is to turn over the staff.  Get rid of the staleness caused by this coaching staff.

All that said, i'd put the chances of Marvin coming back (at this point) at about 30-40%.  If the team wins 3/5 of the last five, it's probably closer to 70-80%.  If they lose out (and there's a chance of that), probably 10-20%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I hate seeing this team look terrible, but it probably needs to happen for Marvin (and Hue) to be gone...

Part of me wants to see this happen for the hilarity of it.  

Empty stadiums
2 wins
Massive egg on face

But i'd probably have to disown the team at the same time.  Maybe i'll become a Vikings fan.  Zim is still my favorite coach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

 

Hahaha nice

This team is just full of family and friends, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Hahaha nice

This team is just full of family and friends, isn't it?

Andre Smith:  Hey guys, have we changed any signals/snap counts/protection schemes since I've left that I need to come up to speed on?

Bengals: Nah, just go out and try not to suck as much as Ogbeughi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

welp...

 

I think the Jake Fisher experiment is officially over.

The offensive line should be interesting next year.  I would hope that Hopkins be given a chance to start at Center, and they consider moving Price to RG.  I don't like that Marvin is so stubborn about that.  They moved Andrew freaking Whitworth to LG for half a year because it was better for the team.  Surely they can move a rookie who hasn't been knocking it out of the park or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theJ said:

The chances Marvin comes back are probably better than we'd like them to be.  However, i do think the empty stadium speaks volume, and Mike has to notice that.  

For a long time, Mike Brown and the Bengals have always publicly stated that the fans will come back if the team starts winning.  It's been three years now since they've fielded a competitive team, and people aren't coming back.  When they announced Marvin was coming back last year, 10k season ticket holders cancelled.  

At this point, the only way to fill it back up is to create some excitement.  The only way to create some excitement for sure is to turn over the staff.  Get rid of the staleness caused by this coaching staff.

All that said, i'd put the chances of Marvin coming back (at this point) at about 30-40%.  If the team wins 3/5 of the last five, it's probably closer to 70-80%.  If they lose out (and there's a chance of that), probably 10-20%.

What empty stadium?  It was sold out last week.  It had some upper deck empties vs the Saints and Buccaneers.  The only thing affected is the walk up crowds and sales for the week leading to the game.  Most tix sold well in advance.  Brown doesn't care who you root for.  Which is why Steeler fans always show up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

What empty stadium?  It was sold out last week.  It had some upper deck empties vs the Saints and Buccaneers.  The only thing affected is the walk up crowds and sales for the week leading to the game.  Most tix sold well in advance.  Brown doesn't care who you root for.  Which is why Steeler fans always show up

Heard the other day they have the lowest attendance in the NFL.  Not true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×