Week 13 - Broncos (Jeff Driskel era begins)

TheVillain112

BTW, does anyone know how the NFL counts attendance?  This is kind of a pet project of mine.  I'm curious what the actual attendance was yesterday.

I know they announced 40some thousand.  But there's no way there were that many people there (looked like it was 40-50% full).  So it's definitely not a count of people that entered the gates.  

I thought i saw somewhere that they count tickets distributed?  Is that why i've heard about some giveaways?  So they can boost "attendance" numbers?

2 hours ago, theJ said:

BTW, does anyone know how the NFL counts attendance?  This is kind of a pet project of mine.  I'm curious what the actual attendance was yesterday.

I know they announced 40some thousand.  But there's no way there were that many people there (looked like it was 40-50% full).  So it's definitely not a count of people that entered the gates.  

I thought i saw somewhere that they count tickets distributed?  Is that why i've heard about some giveaways?  So they can boost "attendance" numbers?

There isn't a single standard used.  Each team can count attendance differently.  Some do count tickets sold, others how many actually came into the stadium.  I'm assuming the Bengals do tickets sold since that would be the higher number and Bengals would try to avoid the blackout rule...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

There isn't a single standard used.  Each team can count attendance differently.  Some do count tickets sold, others how many actually came into the stadium.  I'm assuming the Bengals do tickets sold since that would be the higher number and Bengals would try to avoid the blackout rule...

They don't have to avoid the blackout rule anymore, but their policy probably stems from that era.  I'm guessing they base it on tickets sold too, because there's no way there were 44k people there yesterday.  The lower bowl was maybe 70% full, and the middle/upper sections were maybe 5% populated.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly didn't even bother turning this one on.  Just zero excitement left for this season.

With every loss, i get a little more excited about the possibility of a new coach.

I also get a little more dread that that new coach will be Hue Jackson.

8 hours ago, theJ said:

They definitely count tix sold.  I took kids because literally no one else wanted to go.  My section is sold out (lower part of upper deck on west side... like the red box seats at old Riverfront).  Less than 20% came.

Archived