Tank or Try and Win Out (4-6-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

0-5 or 5-0  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Win out or Lose out

• Win the last 5 for a shot at the playoffs
    • Lose the last 5 for a shot at a top 8 pick

Just thought it would be interesting to gather some consensus on the board. 

At the moment, we're fighting for the last wild card spot with the Panthers and Seahawks. The Bears will win the division and the Vikings are very likely to get the first wildcard spot over us with the tiebreaker.

We need to go 5-0 against (Cardinals, Falcons, at Bears, at Jets, Lions) All of those are winnable games with at Bears being the game that could define our season. Lions and Falcons at home are also both definitely loseable games.

We need both the Panthers and the Seahawks to go 3-2.

I'll always want to see the team win, I just have little faith in running 5 wins off in a row. I don't think there's a huge difference between pick 8 and mid to late teens so win as many games as you can

I should preface by saying I think we win the Cardinals and Lions games regardless, which would mean worst record of 6-9-1

I want the team to go 5-0 or 4-1.  

Problem is...this is a poor football team.  If I look at it objectively....

We don't outcoach anyone.  We don't X and O our way into victories.

We don't outhustle or outhit anyone.  Our energy isn't very high.

We tend to not get takeaways, yet somehow we will give the ball away at a critical time and that isn't via an INT.

We are quite banged up.

Objectively, we win 1 of the next 5 games.  We just aren't that good.  Thinking we get a W against Arizona.  

I want to say we can take down Detroit at Lambeau, but they seem to play well against us and we may be suiting up Ashwaubenon seniors for that game.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I want the team to go 5-0 or 4-1.  

Problem is...this is a poor football team.  If I look at it objectively....

We don't outcoach anyone.  We don't X and O our way into victories.

We don't outhustle or outhit anyone.  Our energy isn't very high.

We tend to not get takeaways, yet somehow we will give the ball away at a critical time and that isn't via an INT.

We are quite banged up.

Objectively, we win 1 of the next 5 games.  We just aren't that good.  Thinking we get a W against Arizona.  

I want to say we can take down Detroit at Lambeau, but they seem to play well against us and we may be suiting up Ashwaubenon seniors for that game.

I think you're way overly negative.

I think we've got about a 70% change of beating Arizona. 50% chance of beating Atlanta, 45% chance of beating Chicago, 65% chance of beating the Jets, 50% chance of beating the Lions. 

That's about 2.8 wins. 

This is a 7-8-1 team. 

Which actually really sucks and I prefer your way. 

Just speculating based on my knowledge of NFL point spreads, looking at the schedule, if we didn't rest players, projecting the final 5 games

AZ -14

ATL -5

@ Chi +4

@ NYJ  -8 

Det -6 

Realistically,  9-6-1 is possible. If we lose at Chicago, I'm cool experimenting with younger players,but until we are out, you play to win. Do we really want to have a crappy white flag month, and ruin the culture for young players to draft 10 spots higher? We don't need a QB, have too much youth right now as it is, and we realistically have no shot at a top 5 pick. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you're way overly negative.

I think we've got about a 70% change of beating Arizona. 50% chance of beating Atlanta, 45% chance of beating Chicago, 65% chance of beating the Jets, 50% chance of beating the Lions. 

That's about 2.8 wins. 

This is a 7-8-1 team. 

Which actually really sucks and I prefer your way. 

I prefer the team "realistic" to negative.  :)

Blueprint is out on how to beat GB.  Teams know how to rush Rodgers.  They know we won't truly commit to running the ball and all you have to do is put your best cover guy on Adams with safety help.  Rodgers has now shown that the 2 deep safety look is a killer for him.  And when we get behind...which we will, we won't run against that front enough to pull a team out of it.

It's just too easy to beat GB right now, so even though on paper the matchup may favor GB?  I feel like most anyone can scheme away our offense.

And on defense, we are pretty banged up.

If Bakh is down...Spriggs is your left tackle, which means Kizer will be playing soon.  

Unless they sit Rodgers from here on out, I see at least 2 wins(Arizona and Detroit). The Jets game they should be favored but it IS a road game and we see how this team plays on the road this year(they stink). They'll likely play down to the competition in that game so who knows how that goes down.

I think they end up finishing 7-8-1 or 8-7-1 which makes sense since everything about this team is boringly mediocre

I'm scheming more targets for MVS, EQ, I'm playing more Moore and Tonyan on offense. Defensively, more snaps for Lancaster, Adams, Looney, Burks, Brown, Greene, I'm calling up Donnerson.

Cobb and Daniels can for sure go to IR.

If we win rotating in the young bucks and seeing if they have anything worthwhile, good for us, if we lose, good for us.

You never tank in the NFL, but we should be done hurrying vets back and playing these like must win games. See if you have anything with some of these lesser known young guys. They're glorified pre-season games to me.

As long as there is a chance for the team to get into the tournament, go for it.  They won in 2010 as the 6th seed.  I don't see a team that the Packers can't beat this season, though there are quite a few that they most likely wouldn't.  Don't tank the season before it is actually over.  

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I prefer the team "realistic" to negative.  :)

Blueprint is out on how to beat GB.  Teams know how to rush Rodgers.  They know we won't truly commit to running the ball and all you have to do is put your best cover guy on Adams with safety help.  Rodgers has now shown that the 2 deep safety look is a killer for him.  And when we get behind...which we will, we won't run against that front enough to pull a team out of it.

It's just too easy to beat GB right now, so even though on paper the matchup may favor GB?  I feel like most anyone can scheme away our offense.

And on defense, we are pretty banged up.

If Bakh is down...Spriggs is your left tackle, which means Kizer will be playing soon.  

If the guards can hang, this team is capable of beating anybody.

There's no reason the guards shouldn't be able to hang with Corey Peters, Rodney Gunter, and the rest of the absolute dreck that the Cardinals have at DT. 

Grady Jarrett and Terrell McClain are a little better, but this is still a group we should be able to fight to a draw with.

The Bears have a legit front group.

Leonard Williams will be an interesting experience for our guys, but that team is so untalented on offense it shouldn't matter.

The Lions are going to be a dog fight.

Archived