Week 13 Arizona @ Green Bay GDT "I"

skibrett15

Better late than never..........

WR Randall Cobb has a feeling about Aaron Rodgers this week:
"I know with all the noise that’s been said over the past week about him, he’s getting ready to light everybody up this week. It’s going to be a lot of fun."

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

"I know with all the noise that’s been said over the past week about him, he’s getting ready to light everybody up this week. It’s going to be a lot of fun."

200w.gif

Cobb on the sideline watching as usual.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rodgers' plan is now clearer than ever:

1. Article comes out saying MM is as good as gone
  2. Cobb says Rodgers is going to light everyone up
  3. Rodgers actually lights everyone up 
  4. MM still gets fired while Rodgers is back to everyone's GOAT & gets a pass on his mediocre play for 11 games.

(I am kidding)

On 11/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, Outpost31 said:

It's really depressing that we get two relatively easy, should win games at home.  It would be so much easier if we had the tough one first to know whether or not we had a shot. 

The upside is, with Minnesota facing New England and Seattle the next two weeks, we could be even with the Vikings....

If the 2TD favorite Packers somehow lose at home to the already-packed-it in, untalented Cardinals who will be playing in weather 40-50 degrees cooler than they exist in with a rookie QB who in way way over his head, then Mac should be done immediately after the game.

The Packers should absolutely roll over possibly the worst team in the NFL on Sunday.

Would be great to see Jaire get a pick, MVS to catch a long TD, and A. Jones go over 100 yards.

Heck Clay might even get up to 3 sacks on the season.

It would be great to see our QB run and execute the plays as scheduled - short, quick routes, take what our opponent's defense gives us, play quickly, march down the field, help the offensive line, tire out the opponent's defense, get in a rhythm, convert on 3d down.

But why would I think I deserve anything great, bomb away to defeat

9 hours ago, Keg Man said:

It would be great to see our QB run and execute the plays as scheduled - short, quick routes, take what our opponent's defense gives us, play quickly, march down the field, help the offensive line, tire out the opponent's defense, get in a rhythm, convert on 3d down.

But why would I think I deserve anything great, bomb away to defeat

Most of us have been clamoring for this since early September.  :/

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Most of us have been clamoring for this since early September.  :/

No doubt .. everybody in the world thinks this is what they should be doing.  What we've had is two guys in MM and AR who just are not on the same page for more than a quarter or two of ball games.  Rodgers has to be physically injured to play the kind of game we all think he should be playing.

9 hours ago, Keg Man said:

In other words.......(and yeah, I'm gonna say it so hold on.......) play more like Brady.

Rodgers is gonna be fine once McCarthy is gone.  That's kind of where I ended up on this one.

Yes, he has some issues, but the issues were always there.  The one thing to worry about is the injuries which cause him to miss games.  His play when on the field has been good, and I don't expect it to hold the team back once there's a new coach.

6 hours ago, Leader said:

In other words.......(and yeah, I'm gonna say it so hold on.......) play more like Brady.

Brady and the Pats do play an up tempo short game that keeps the chains moving and wears out defenses.  I think Rodgers would really thrive in that environment, don't you? 

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Brady and the Pats do play an up tempo short game that keeps the chains moving and wears out defenses.  I think Rodgers would really thrive in that environment, don't you? 

Yes. Without question.
It would mitigate (to some degree) the OL issues holding off rushers - give AR peace of mind (and health) and get the damn ball out of his hand.
Sure you toss it deep - and you keep running somebody deep (like Josh Gordon's doing now for Brady....) but that opens up the middle and shorter routes.

Its a NO BRAINER IMO.

But I'm not the coach and I'm not thr QB - so my brain doesnt count.

53 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes. Without question.
It would mitigate (to some degree) the OL issues holding off rushers - give AR peace of mind (and health) and get the damn ball out of his hand.
Sure you toss it deep - and you keep running somebody deep (like Josh Gordon's doing now for Brady....) but that opens up the middle and shorter routes.

Its a NO BRAINER IMO.

But I'm not the coach and I'm not thr QB - so my brain doesnt count.

I'm not so sure. We see Rodgers thrive in this sort of offense for stretches, but he always gets away from it. Fundamentally I don't think he's the type to want to keep making those quick throws into tight windows once the defense starts playing up on the WRs. That's when we get escape-the-pocket Aaron, which can be great, but is decidedly not how Brady usually operates.

21 minutes ago, Acrid Josher said:

I'm not so sure. We see Rodgers thrive in this sort of offense for stretches, but he always gets away from it. Fundamentally I don't think he's the type to want to keep making those quick throws into tight windows once the defense starts playing up on the WRs. That's when we get escape-the-pocket Aaron, which can be great, but is decidedly not how Brady usually operates.

I've no interest to tie AR into some system that ultimately constrains him - but I've little doubt if he got his head into a more controlled offense - one which got the ball out of his hands and relied on YAC - he'd do fine.

Will he occasionally break contain and wing it? Yes. No question - but those instances should become the outlier and not the norm - or as prevalent as they seem to occur now.

Archived