GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

I figured since the Steelers absolutely blew a game and a golden opportunity to stay in the driver's seat, I would switch up and do the honeys (first) to ease our pain a little.

BTW we play the Chargers this Sunday night. More game info to be added later.  Still working on this. My power went out and wiped all of my work out, so gotta start again. I will add my comments later or tomorrow.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Los Angeles Chargers History:

Pittsburgh Steelers lead the series 23-9

Pittsburgh Steelers have won four of the last five meetings.  Last Meeting : 10/12/15 24-20 win in San Diego with Michael Vick at QB and the RB formerly known as Leveon Bell put up 111 yards on the ground and scored on a tough 1 yard run as time expired giving the Steelers a 24-20 win. 

steelers-vs-chargers.jpg

4 Keys to winning on Offense:

1. Good Big Ben or Bad Big Ben

The Steelers are only going to go as far as Big Ben can take them.  He is a first ballot HOF QB who has won two SB's and been to three.  However, Ben seems to have become a bit of a gunslinger over the past two seasons.  The redzone and end zone INT's have to STOP!  You cannot beat an average let alone good team leaving points on the field. Ben threw for over 450 yards and should have probably had over 500 yards against the Broncos. Yet the decision to force a ball and a few inaccurate throws coupled with some untimely drops and fumbles doomed the Steelers. Ben is generally pretty god in prime time and at home.  Let's hope that this continues and Ben and the Steelers offense doesn't give the ball or game away.

612088986.jpg

2. Let Connor be the Terminator again!

In my Arnold voice, "Are you James Connor?"  The Steelers have inexplicably fed the ball less and less to Connor over the past two games.  

He helps keep defenses honest and while many may say that passing for 350 and 400 yards a game is sexy, it doesn't guarantee wins,

especially when you turn the ball over. Let Connor get his Mo Jo or even Ju Ju  back.  Feed him the ball more than 12 times a game and

get him involved in the passing game a bit more.  Running the ball isn't sexy in today's NFL, but it will win Super Bowls and in the end;

THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

jamesconnerjersey.jpg?w=1025

3. Where's Rosey?

Want the running game to get jumped started? Put your FB in the game. The Steelers have a top flight OL and a top flight FB.  USE HIM!  When we

get inside of the five yard line, I'm sorry Big Ben, but give the ball to Connor or Nicks four times rather than throw the ball! You stop us from the three

yard line running the ball four times, you deserve to win. News flash, if we do this, we will win more often than not.

901611772.jpg.0.jpg

4. Keep feeding AB and Ju Ju!

The Steelers have an offense with a top three OL, Vance, Switzer, Connor, Big Ben and AB and Ju Ju yet there are games when we struggle

to put the ball in the endzone. Sometimes having a lot of weapons causes you to over-think some things. You get the ball inside of the five yard line, put

Nix in and feed Connor.  You have people double teaming AB, feed Ju Ju, Switzer or Vance (for the most part, Ben has done this).  You have a dynamic

duo that is far better than Batman and Robin. They are more Batman and Kato.  You have 18 passing TD's and more than 130 receptions between them. 

when used effectively with the running game this can make your offense as deadly as the 10-1 Saints offense has been. What's more, it greatly helps

the defense as it pressures opposing offenses to keep up.  Most teams could not survive a track meet with the Steelers.  We seen this at its best

in the Carolina game.  The Steelers problems are consistency.

Antonio-Brown-JuJu-Smith-Schuster-celebr

3 Keys to winning on Defense:

1. Force some turnovers.  The Steelers are again on the negative side of the turnover ratio.  Some of that is offensive ball

carelessness, Big Ben gun slinging in tight coverage instead of throwing the ball away and the defense just not getting turnovers.

The pass rush has been greatly improved. Despite not always getting sacks, this defense does get pressure on opposing QB's pretty

consistently both inside and outside. That needs to translate to the secondary picking off errant passes and tipped balls.  Over the

past few weeks there have been balls on the ground and passes tipped in the air only to be recovered by the offense or to fall harmlessly

to the ground.  The defense has played well and kept the Steelers in position to win most every game except KC.  No negative criticism, but

a rally to see them improve and go to the next level.  Again, look at the Saints.  They don't have a great defense in my opinion, but they do

get pressure, force turnovers and let the offense run wild.  Last week, Denver scored 21 of their 24 points off of Steelers turnovers.  We need

to use that formula and improve our turnover ratio by taking the ball away from our opponents.

20171117_Steelers_Titans_TNF_0013.jpg.jp

2. Get the Big Three Going Again

The run defense has suffered some without a healthy Tuitt.  Watt has been feast or famine in most games.  He will get three sacks or

disappear at times.  Cam has not had the same stats as last year, but he does seem to be getting in the opponents backfield more of late. 

These three are the heart of the front seven.  Hargraves has stepped his game up big time.  We need these three to be on the field and

playing the way they are capable of playing. This will help create turnovers and negative offensive plays for our opponents.

Cameron-Heyward-T.J.-Watt-Stephon-Tuitt-

3. Joe Haden must become Adonis Creed (as you can tell I saw Creed II this past weekend).

maxresdefault.jpg

Emmanuel Sanders had a good game against Haden in part because of some of our offensive woes and turnovers.  He has to bounce back like

like Adonis did against Drago.  Haden is a leader and the teams best defensive back. He must have a short memory and prepare to play against

a red hot Phillip Rivers who can surgically pick apart a defense.

usa_today_11043210.jpg

Prediction:

tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_500.png

Steelers over Chargers 33 - 24

Team plays a more balanced offense and the defense creates a turnover or two to slow down Rivers and company.

The team responds after a disappointing loss and tries to get refocused and back on the winning track.

Honeys:

60aaa4a9a8420f294b2ed0c234472379--latina

thick-tattoo-latina.jpg

14040139_1018490038268387_19140601356050

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I figured since the Steelers absolutely blew a game and a golden opportunity to stay in the driver's seat, I would switch up and do the honeys (first) to ease our pain a little.

BTW we play the Chargers this Sunday night. More game info to be added later.

Honeys:

60aaa4a9a8420f294b2ed0c234472379--latina

thick-tattoo-latina.jpg

14040139_1018490038268387_19140601356050

Well done my good man!

looks to be a game  that might  be affected by the weather. As of now, maybe a bit of precipitation but I expect the field to be a bit damp. The rain is supposed to happen on monday , but if it arrives earlier I would expect it to favour the team that will run. Gordon is out, so that favours the Steelers. Rivers is playing as good as any QB some would say, so this will be a test, but too bad Gordon isn't playing.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Would need to be activated first.

when will they notify the media about who's active/ionactive? Is that usually done by saturday if the game is on sunday?  Who loses the roster spot once Adeyini gets activated? 

Archived