GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

8 hours ago, 3rivers said:

when will they notify the media about who's active/ionactive? Is that usually done by saturday if the game is on sunday?  Who loses the roster spot once Adeyini gets activated? 

I doubt he gets activated for this game. Also, you've asked this question before. The answer is probably Hunter, Brian Allen, or Matthew Thomas. Maybe they IR Burns for a made up injury. Asking it a million times isn't going to make your dude get activated sooner. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I doubt he gets activated for this game. Also, you've asked this question before. The answer is probably Hunter, Brian Allen, or Matthew Thomas. Maybe they IR Burns for a made up injury. Asking it a million times isn't going to make your dude get activated sooner. 

To add to this:

i haven’t even seen reports of him practicing which would be step number 1. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

To add to this:

Yeah, if an UDFA Rookie who's never played hasn't practiced all week...he ain't playing. Shoot, Veterans usually have to get at least 1 practice in to be active.

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

To add to this:

He has been practicing with the team as of 11/21

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14321162-74/steelers-officially-designate-rookie-lb-ola-adeniyi-to-return-off-injured-reserve

Ola Adeniyi had one priority for what to do next Tuesday as soon as Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert told him he was – finally – allowed to practice with the team during the regular season.

“I called my mom,” the rookie said.

Good son.

Now, Adeniyi gets a chance to show he can be a good outside linebacker.

Wednesday the team made the announcement that Adeniyi was transferred to the “injured reserve: designated to return” list after the rookie had spent the first 11 weeks of the regular season on injured reserve following Adeniyi suffering a hamstring injury during the preseason finale.

14 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Hopefully. If he doesn't go, Thomas was been utilized at OLB during the Preseason a little bit. 

Thomas has not been able to set the edge any better than Chick and perhaps worst ( although I find that hard to do).

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Thomas has not been able to set the edge any better than Chick and perhaps worst ( although I find that hard to do).

Agreed. I mentioned him as a possible active player if Adeniyi can't go not that I think he'll be great at it.  Tho I do think he could be as good as Chick at Pass Rushing but that isn't saying much.

They might go with the 3 OLBs they have for now, but I thought they all have injuries and if one gets too injured to play, then they will have to  figure this out at that time.  We will be having some difficult games in the schedule including this week, so lets see how this goes  . What we don't want to have happen is for a player to make the existing injury worse if that's possible. Quite a healthy season, and lets hope the injury bug doesn't strike now and in the next few weeks

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

They might go with the 3 OLBs they have for now, but I thought they all have injuries and if one gets too injured to play, then they will have to  figure this out at that time.  We will be having some difficult games in the schedule including this week, so lets see how this goes  . What we don't want to have happen is for a player to make the existing injury worse if that's possible. Quite a healthy season, and lets hope the injury bug doesn't strike now and in the next few weeks

I know it's worked so far, but I think only carrying 3 OLB's has been a mistake. We've been playing with fire and I think we're about to get burned. I hope Ola can get ready soon. We'll need fresh pass rushers soon. 

Also, Chick sucks so whenever he's playing bad things usually happen. I hope if he's on the team next year it's exclusively special teams. I know 43 likes to dog on him, but I'm hopeful for Ola and Keion Adams as our depth next year. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's worked so far, but I think only carrying 3 OLB's has been a mistake. We've been playing with fire and I think we're about to get burned. I hope Ola can get ready soon. We'll need fresh pass rushers soon. 

I am expecting them to keep going the way they have with 3 unless one of them gets too injured. If dupree has a muscle injury, I would expect him to not play so that leaves only 2 OLB's, both with injuries of their own.   This is new because we usually had 4 OLB's. Thomas could fill in if he is actually active which they might do if they need to due to injury.   Maybe the offence can put up 40+ and we won't need these OLB's as much, wait and see.

11 minutes ago, Xenos said:

If the Steelers are smart, they'll run right at the Chargers since we currently lost our run defense with Perryman and Liuget out for the season. Mebane is also not playing this Sunday due to family reasons.

Another team with issues stopping the run? Better have Ben throw 50 times again. 

On 2018-11-29 at 7:53 PM, Xenos said:

If the Steelers are smart, they'll run right at the Chargers since we currently lost our run defense with Perryman and Liuget out for the season. Mebane is also not playing this Sunday due to family reasons.

they should have run Connor at the end of both games (jags and broncos).  If we resort to cute play calling near the GL we don't deserve to win.  Nick Wright  pointed out how ben hasn't been great in the RZ, but I remembered we were almost 80% . That indicates how effective we were running Connor, something that has to continue. No need for more of these silly INT's like the pats game last year and the broncos game this year.  Just run it in.

Archived