GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Thomas will probably end up back on the PS. I would have preferred someone else get cut to make sure we kept Thomas, though. I really hope we don't end up IR'ing Gilbert in a week or two. That would be infuriating. 

I agree with you on this because lets just suppose we lose 2 OT's and then imaging the problems with that as opposed to say cutting a CB that is no good or one of the many safeties.  If burnett can't stay healthy, they should IR him.  Thomas has potential , burns doesn't, but burns has the RD1 pick as his safe haven :$ The other part about Thomas is that if required, he could play OLB. Look at the injuries at OLB right now.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

The other part about Thomas is that if required, he could play OLB. Look at the injuries at OLB right now.

This is an excellent point.  Thomas is one of the few guys on the roster who can reliably get to the QB from the OLB position.   

My guess is that physically Thomas is an A, but mentally he's a C-C+.  Not for football IQ, but focus or attitude.  Something along those lines.  

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

This is an excellent point.  Thomas is one of the few guys on the roster who can reliably get to the QB from the OLB position.   

My guess is that physically Thomas is an A, but mentally he's a C-C+.  Not for football IQ, but focus or attitude.  Something along those lines.  

Yep. Not stating this as fact but this was the concern when he came out and talked about quite a bit when trying to figure out the reason for his academic woes. I think someone mentioned a close family member passing (father?) as an explanation as well. 

2 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Connor bounce-back game? The popular narrative is he’s lost his edge but the match-ups/game script have not been in his favor. 

Big Ben is playing like booty.

Even the best RBs in the league can have down games/stretches.    

No one was saying he "lost his edge" until the last 2 weeks, and its just kneejerks from the same clowns that claim Ben should be cut when he has bad games.

Conner hasnt been as good the last two weeks, but the run game has been horribly mismanaged, especially when we fell behind.

I have plenty of faith Conner can still be very good, but he is a 2nd year RB getting paid scraps.   The highly paid QB, lineman and OC need to put him in better situations to succeed.   Not that Conner doesnt need to step up more, but when "Ben is playing like booty", the OLine is struggling with run blocking and the OC gives up on the run so easily, its not going to bode well for any RB.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Even the best RBs in the league can have down games/stretches.    

No one was saying he "lost his edge" until the last 2 weeks, and its just kneejerks from the same clowns that claim Ben should be cut when he has bad games.

Conner hasnt been as good the last two weeks, but the run game has been horribly mismanaged, especially when we fell behind.

I have plenty of faith Conner can still be very good, but he is a 2nd year RB getting paid scraps.   The highly paid QB, lineman and OC need to put him in better situations to succeed.   Not that Conner doesnt need to step up more, but when "Ben is playing like booty", the OLine is struggling with run blocking and the OC gives up on the run so easily, its not going to bode well for any RB.

I agree. And to be fair, two of the bigger critics of Conner in my inner circle are Ravens fans. I’d expect nothing less than negative review from them. They’re quick to sing Bell and Juju’s praise though. Really weird.

6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Yep. Not stating this as fact but this was the concern when he came out and talked about quite a bit when trying to figure out the reason for his academic woes. I think someone mentioned a close family member passing (father?) as an explanation as well. 

Thats all in the past, so I would expect the coaches to give some slack as he learns their way and this D. It's too bad if he gets claimed bye another team though because he has similar speed as Shazier and we know what that was like.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I blame the OC. They gave up on the run for the most part, which is the opposite of  how Connor excels . He is better if he gets  more snaps and wears the D down. There is nothing different about Connor.

59 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

I agree. And to be fair, two of the bigger critics of Conner in my inner circle are Ravens fans. I’d expect nothing less than negative review from them. They’re quick to sing Bell and Juju’s praise though. Really weird.

they are outsiders, and probably don't know the team as well.  Maybe the OL lost the chip on their shoulder since the Bell saga ended, coincidence?

I have no stats to back this up but could we be running the shotgun more the last couple of weeks? I remember we ran under center at least a few times a game earlier in the season. Now it looks like we’re exclusively in the gun. I’m guessing Ben’s legs are bothering him. Maybe that’s another factor in Connor’s last couple of stinkers. 

Ben has run a few times so maybe not. Just spitballing.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have no stats to back this up but could we be running the shotgun more the last couple of weeks? I remember we ran under center at least a few times a game earlier in the season. Now it looks like we’re exclusively in the gun. I’m guessing Ben’s legs are bothering him. Maybe that’s another factor in Connor’s last couple of stinkers. 

Ben has run a few times so maybe not. Just spitballing.

Yes we have, because of the broken finger.  Surprised we haven't used the pistol formation to take advantage of both.

Archived