GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

Samuels is a good receiver so this could be a good replacement seeing we throw to RB's a fair amount.  I expect the OL to get serious and the team as a whole better play for 60 minutes .  What happened in the last half last week is something they can't let happen again accept vs perhaps the bungles.

On paper , especially a few weeks ago, this would be a mismatch, but tomlins teams have a way of playing down to competition and even losing;).  There was a badly reffed game in the black hole earlier this year, so will the refs strike again?

I expect the team to be serious, because they have no choice considering the pats and saints are next. 

No official inactive list as of me typing, but I read both Allens will be inactive

So sorry to bring this thread back up:

So this week Danny Smith, Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert said they reviewed the 3 offsides call at the end of the game, and said they were offsides in the 1st kick, but in the 2nd kick they said that they weren't.  Burns actually lined up 1/2-1 yard off the LOS and his move kept him behind the LOS.  They submitted the video (a coaches tape showing right down the line) to the NFL, and from what I've heard, the NFL responded telling the Steelers that they were correct and in fact Burns was not offsides.

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So this week Danny Smith, Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert said they reviewed the 3 offsides call at the end of the game, and said they were offsides in the 1st kick, but in the 2nd kick they said that they weren't.  Burns actually lined up 1/2-1 yard off the LOS and his move kept him behind the LOS.  They submitted the video (a coaches tape showing right down the line) to the NFL, and from what I've heard, the NFL responded telling the Steelers that they were correct and in fact Burns was not offsides.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

offsides/false starts should be up for reviews/challenges

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

offsides/false starts should be up for reviews/challenges

Problem there is this was really only visible on a coaches tape, not a broadcast angle. Reviews only use broadcast tapes meaning a challenge would have been useless. Unless broadcasts start including down the line on every play and all-22, it’s hard to win that. (FWIW they should have a remote camera on every game getting down the line, and staying with the ball for spot checks)

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Problem there is this was really only visible on a coaches tape, not a broadcast angle. Reviews only use broadcast tapes meaning a challenge would have been useless. Unless broadcasts start including down the line on every play and all-22, it’s hard to win that. (FWIW they should have a remote camera on every game getting down the line, and staying with the ball for spot checks)

the league can spend the amount it takes to get cameras where needed. In the seahawks game wagner blocked the FG and broke the rules and it had an effect on the game (for a while, cousins isn't making the vikes a contender)

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

(FWIW they should have a remote camera on every game getting down the line, and staying with the ball for spot checks)

the boogercam it will be, just like that.  The league needs to get going on this, they will lose fans if they keeps wrecking games with officiating. If it happens in a close playoff game, what will the response be? The TV viewers are watching the bad call several times, yet we can't change it?

It took them years but they finally got cams in the GL pilots. They also have cameras on the goal posts to watch the kick go through yet that is obvious and is more for show. League needs to get their priorities straight. With all the commercials , they can afford technological upgraded

1.The coaches should be allowed some challenges for missed penalties

2. All scoring plays automatically review for penalties (wagners kick , chargers false start vs steelers)

3. two boogercam with one zooming on the ball (flinch snap - steelers game vs chargers) and perhaps another higher overhead of the LOSto see false starts or neutral zone infractions

The nfl can always get another commercial in there while this is reviewed in the booth, the refs on the field then make the call on the field. "Review from the booth indicated a foul was on the play" . 

It can be done but the nfl is slow to change. I would expect the AAF , CFL or XFL to implement something before the nfl yet golden gets paid more than an entire team in those leagues

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

The kick where it was blocked? So the Steelers lost a game due to early game game blown calls AND a last second blown call lmao.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I would expect the AAF , CFL or XFL to implement something before the nfl yet golden gets paid more than an entire team in those leagues

Everyone who is an NFL fan should be supporting these leagues just because nothing breeds innovation more than competition. The NFL has been allowed to give us inadequate service for years because they have nothing to lose for doing so.

37 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Everyone who is an NFL fan should be supporting these leagues just because nothing breeds innovation more than competition. The NFL has been allowed to give us inadequate service for years because they have nothing to lose for doing so.

it pathetic when you think of it.

The NFL pays their lame commish $44M, yet can't get a camera on the LOS on plays, especially scoring plays (FG's.)  . The revenue brought in vs what is invested in the officiating has to be an absurd ratio.  The refs can only do so much, they need to let tech help but to do so it would have to be implemented correctly. In there 80's there failed with replay and stopped it rather than refined it. They have a mentality that is out of tune with the best way to do things. They made rules so complicated, not even the former players calling the game knew what the rules were xD

A group of fans could solve the issue much better than the braintrust the nfl has selected over the years.  The have to have an official  (blandino etc) on the broadcast explain the rules and calls, and often the calls are wrong, refs are human in real time so that is expected.  The league could have a blandino at every game that can overturn within a timeframe  , problem solved. The wagner plays was obvious in realtime, blandino could call that right away. The chargers false start, that could be called right away. Some calls will take a bit of time, but with HD cameras and more of them among other things, it 's easily obtained.

The league has stadiums with HD TV's bigger than any house nearby and all the fans get to watch the replay of the missed call and boo, yet the league can't correct this? Thats a self  mockery if there ever was  one.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

it pathetic when you think of it.

The NFL pays their lame commish $44M, yet can't get a camera on the LOS on plays, especially scoring plays (FG's.)  . The revenue brought in vs what is invested in the officiating has to be an absurd ratio.  The refs can only do so much, they need to let tech help but to do so it would have to be implemented correctly. In there 80's there failed with replay and stopped it rather than refined it. They have a mentality that is out of tune with the best way to do things. They made rules so complicated, not even the former players calling the game knew what the rules were xD

A group of fans could solve the issue much better than the braintrust the nfl has selected over the years.  The have to have an official  (blandino etc) on the broadcast explain the rules and calls, and often the calls are wrong, refs are human in real time so that is expected.  The league could have a blandino at every game that can overturn within a timeframe  , problem solved. The wagner plays was obvious in realtime, blandino could call that right away. The chargers false start, that could be called right away. Some calls will take a bit of time, but with HD cameras and more of them among other things, it 's easily obtained.

The league has stadiums with HD TV's bigger than any house nearby and all the fans get to watch the replay of the missed call and boo, yet the league can't correct this? Thats a self  mockery if there ever was  one.

Yeah it's always hilarious when the fans start booing before they even show the replay on TV and you already know what happened because the crowd gets the replay instantly.

I wonder how accurate it would be if the NFL just secretly made calls based on fan booing, adjusted for homerism somehow.

What bothers me even more is that the league is permitted to fine coaches and players for speaking out on poor officiating but the league can criticize organizations until theyre blue in the face.

If you dont want officiating to be criticized fix it. Allow instant replay, challenges, and additional camera viewpoints to be a bigger part of the game, limit the effect of human error.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

the league is permitted to fine coaches and players for speaking out on poor officiating

Yeah this part is just such a joke, If I was a player who experienced some crap like in the Steelers game I would just donate a bunch of money to some charity for the blind and then talk to the media about how I recently had the opportunity to work with some blind people and see how much they struggled to do basic things, and felt like I needed to do more to help solve the problem.

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Yeah this part is just such a joke, If I was a player who experienced some crap like in the Steelers game I would just donate a bunch of money to some charity for the blind and then talk to the media about how I recently had the opportunity to work with some blind people and see how much they struggled to do basic things, and felt like I needed to do more to help solve the problem.

if they didn't sensor everyone, then after so much criticism, they would be forced to make changes for the bette which help this evolve. Instead  the league would rather have the refs decide games in the mysterious booth for some reason and not allow people to say anything.  I don't watch other sports, but is this the worst league for tyranny ?

Archived