Reuben Foster Claimed by Redskins

MKnight82

@turtle28 - I have disagreed with you on many things. But never would have I dreamed of the situation where you and I are on opposite sides of domestic violence allegations. For a random football player.

To be perfectly honest, if this guy was Ray Lewis in his prime, I still would not want him anywhere near the Redskins.

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

It was once with Lewis and it wasn't him directly.

This is Foster's second time.

EDIT: Actually, this might his *third* incident:

Yeah, the third one apparently. the 49ers were unaware of one that happened in october (apparently everyone was), but it has recently come to light. Again, this ex is crazy, so I don't know what's going on here, and it's entirely possible that this is again completely fabricated, but the dude just attracts trouble. The list since declaring for the draft: 

Diluted combine sample

Gets thrown out of the combine after freaking out on the one the medical nurses 

3 DV incidents, the validity of which is in question

Nightclub incident (this really wasn't anything he did wrong - wrong place wrong time where he and another player were apparently shot at, but again, just seems to attract this stuff). 

Drug / Gun arrest. 

*IF* you can get his head on straight, or if he realizes he's flushing his career down the toilet and changes his tune though, this could work out. Yes, this is beyond a second chance, but odds are, someone was going to give it to him. He's a hell of a linebacker despite being awful this year (I attribute this mostly to his recurring shoulder injuries, which are something you'll have to monitor as well as this has been going on for about 3 years now) when healthy. I mean, who knows. Maybe it works out. I get why people wouldn't want this, but what's done is done and it's really not on you guys, so just hope for him to turn it around and become worthy of your cheering. He didn't get there for us, but maybe he will for you. 

Just now, Forge said:

*IF* you can get his head on straight, or if he realizes he's flushing his career down the toilet and changes his tune though, this could work out.

But why take the risk? Why take on the PR poison? He hasn't shown any aspect that this is happening.

*IF* he can show he can get his head on straight, then okay, maybe in the offseason.

But three days after he was arrested yet again for domestic violence?

Just now, Forge said:

Yes, this is beyond a second chance, but odds are, someone was going to give it to him.

Didn't have to be Washington. Hell, had the Redskins not made the claim, it wouldn't have been anyone.

Just now, Forge said:

He's a hell of a linebacker despite being awful this year (I attribute this mostly to his recurring shoulder injuries, which are something you'll have to monitor as well as this has been going on for about 3 years now) when healthy.

So even if he wasn't a gigantic PR headache, he hasn't been playing well.

Why bother then?

Just now, Forge said:

I mean, who knows. Maybe it works out. I get why people wouldn't want this, but what's done is done and it's really not on you guys at this point, so just hope for him to turn it around and become worthy of your cheering. He didn't get there for us, but maybe he will for you. 

I will reiterate what I said before: I have ZERO interest in him ever playing for the Redskins.

Just now, bigdog44 said:

Well he’s on the team now. Football wise (and I’m gonna stick to football wise) he could be a massive upgrade over Mason Foster. How many game suspension are they looking at 6? 10?

1. From what @Forge just said, he doesn't sound like he is an upgrade due to multiple injuries.
  2. Who cares how many games? Make it infinite.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, the third one apparently. the 49ers were unaware of one that happened in october (apparently everyone was), but it has recently come to light. Again, this ex is crazy, so I don't know what's going on here, and it's entirely possible that this is again completely fabricated, but the dude just attracts trouble. The list since declaring for the draft: 

Diluted combine sample

Gets thrown out of the combine after freaking out on the one the medical nurses 

3 DV incidents, the validity of which is in question

Nightclub incident (this really wasn't anything he did wrong - wrong place wrong time where he and another player were apparently shot at, but again, just seems to attract this stuff). 

Drug / Gun arrest. 

*IF* you can get his head on straight, or if he realizes he's flushing his career down the toilet and changes his tune though, this could work out. Yes, this is beyond a second chance, but odds are, someone was going to give it to him. He's a hell of a linebacker despite being awful this year (I attribute this mostly to his recurring shoulder injuries, which are something you'll have to monitor as well as this has been going on for about 3 years now) when healthy. I mean, who knows. Maybe it works out. I get why people wouldn't want this, but what's done is done and it's really not on you guys at this point, so just hope for him to turn it around and become worthy of your cheering. He didn't get there for us, but maybe he will for you. 

Why do we have to be the guinea pigs for his rehab? We can't even rehab our own current players correctly and avoid injuries, so I guess the plan is to take on the mental cases and the criminally insane? Just keeps adding to this circus of this football team. 

Roll tide or no, there is no real "IF" he gets his act together. How is D.C. going to be any different for him than San Francisco? 

Players who go down this road have an extrememly difficult time coming back into the league. Josh Gordon being the absolute exception. 

Maybe, the only hope I can get out of this, is that it will backfire and get Bruce fired. Dammit, we just cannot get out of our own way of doing stupid things.  

Just now, Woz said:
  1. From what @Forge just said, he doesn't sound like he is an upgrade due to multiple injuries.
  2. Who cares how many games? Make it infinite.

Yeah, he was great last year...pretty abysmal this year, I think largely due to the shoulder (which is one of the reasons he fell, along with character, etc, during the draft). He's been missing tackles left and right. I don't have the per game missed tackle stats or anything, but pretty sure he's one of the highest. Against the rams, he missed more tackles than he made. PFF was grading him out as one of the worst linebackers in football this year. He's been a bit of a disaster 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This fan base sucks. One of our best players ever was a coake head and was beloved bc he was a great player in the 80s. You all loved him! Get over yourselves!

You can’t be serious!  Why don’t you ask your wife or mom what they think of Foster.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This fan base sucks. One of our best players ever was a coake head and was beloved bc he was a great player in the 80s. You all loved him! Get over yourselves!

Yeah, this is THE most monumentally bad take anyone can have of this situation.

Congrats...

I love you guys. So if we all voted on a new favorite team to join and work that section of the forum together.. Im down.

Wont care a lick who wins. I be there, with my head held high in pride. (Unlike the head hanging in shame as a redskins fan with a child and woman abusers on the squad. With morons in charge)

Archived