Reuben Foster Claimed by Redskins

MKnight82

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I love you guys. So if we all voted on a new favorite team to join and work that section of the forum together.. Im down.

Wont care a lick who wins. I be there, with my head held high in pride. (Unlike the head hanging in shame as a redskins fan with a child and woman abusers on the squad. With morons in charge)

You could sell me on that. I’d lean towards the Browns, but am flexible 

I have no idea what actually happened,as does no one here. It's hard for me to judge anyone in a day in age where people lose their livelihood over he said/she said things. It is the same woman,so it's not farfetched to think this is just a ugly,drama filled relationship between 2 young,stupid people.

1 minute ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I have no idea what actually happened,as does no one here. It's hard for me to judge anyone in a day in age where people lose their livelihood over he said/she said things. It is the same woman,so it's not farfetched to think this is just a ugly,drama filled relationship between 2 young,stupid people.

And why do the Redskins feel like they need to be his saving grace? This team is so dysfunctional. Owned by a boob. Run by an idiot. 

It was a bad signing. With that being said, I say we wait until we see how things play out with suspension, if he ever plays for us, court ruling...etc... before we make any hasty conclusions. I hate to say it but as others have said, you're innocent until proven guilty and there's two sides to every story. Could it be that this woman is crazy and also abusive? We have not a clue about their relationship. I do think that if Foster was a smart man (which he isn't) that he'd remove himself from this woman all together. So with that being said, let's just hold the horses on conclusions here. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This fan base sucks. One of our best players ever was a coake head and was beloved bc he was a great player in the 80s. You all loved him! Get over yourselves!

You know turtle you just got put on permanent ignore,I will never read one of your post again,Have a good life

Not a fan of this at all.  We didn't have to be the only team to place a waiver claim on him, we could've passed and let it play out.  However, the team has heavily scouted Alabama players the past couple years, and didn't chart any major character concerns (obviously we know better now) and they must also hope that the trio of Bama guys (Allen, Payne and Anderson) can corral Foster and keep his head on straight.  

Another interesting point- Bruce Allen ran the Bucs for years.  To believe that he has a couple well-placed sources in Tampa's  police department that could indicate more details about this situation than is available to the rest of the GMs is not farfetched.  

Again, all of that put together, we didn't have to bring Foster on board, but we did.  I'm not a fan, and hope that he never suits up for us, even if this case is dismissed.  He's had more than enough chances already.  I understand buying low on assets, but not this way.  

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I love you guys. So if we all voted on a new favorite team to join and work that section of the forum together.. Im down.

Wont care a lick who wins. I be there, with my head held high in pride. (Unlike the head hanging in shame as a redskins fan with a child and woman abusers on the squad. With morons in charge)

I don't think I could ever root for another team like I've done for the Redskins, but I most certainly can continue to distance myself from them like I've already done to the constantly disappointing Bruce Allen tenure.  And the fact that Allen's father is Redskins royalty means Snyder is going to give him a longer leash than Cerrato had. 

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What is there to “set straight”?  He doesn’t have locker room problems.  The problem is he’s a piece of **** that beats women.

I don’t condone that, I also believe in innocent until proven guilty. The first charges were eventually dropped weren’t they? Perhaps this woman is extorting him and he needs to just stay away from here and his Bama teammates can help him do that. We don’t know the entire story, and I for one am not going to overrreact. 

6 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

It was a bad signing. With that being said, I say we wait until we see how things play out with suspension, if he ever plays for us, court ruling...etc... before we make any hasty conclusions. I hate to say it but as others have said, you're innocent until proven guilty and there's two sides to every story. Could it be that this woman is crazy and also abusive? We have not a clue about their relationship. I do think that if Foster was a smart man (which he isn't) that he'd remove himself from this woman all together. So with that being said, let's just hold the horses on conclusions here. 

Agreed

8 hours ago, Woz said:

@turtle28 - I have disagreed with you on many things. But never would have I dreamed of the situation where you and I are on opposite sides of domestic violence allegations. For a random football player.

To be perfectly honest, if this guy was Ray Lewis in his prime, I still would not want him anywhere near the Redskins.

Ray Lewis killed or knows who killed people, totally different and last time I checked the pro football hall of fame just allowed him to go one the most incoherent rant of an acceptance speech of all time and ESPN/NFLN hyped it up! I’m not condoning what Foster did, I just think that there’s a possibility he can get away from this situation thanks to his Bama buddies and not do it again. I also believe in innocent until proven guilty, and being charged and convicted are two entirely different things. It’s a sad day in America where most celebrities and athletes are accused of things and lose what they have because of the accusations before a trial or what really happens comes out. This lady could be extorting Foster for all we know, I want to know the truth instead of jumping to conclusions because of accusations.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not going to work. You know as a second team I follow the Steelers and was born a Steelers fan to Steelers fans from a small town in Ohio about a half hour from Pittsburgh, but it’s not the same. I don’t get wrapped up in the Steelers the way I do the redskins, I want them to win especially over the Ravens, Patriots, Bengals and Browns but I will never care for them like I do the Redskins. 

I don’t think it’s possible to quit your favorite sports teams, if you really are a true diehard fan, and all of us in here are. So, yeah, I don’t see this idea working.

Archived