Week 13 Jets vs. Titans

KingTitan

Yeah, the end results stats wise look a hell of a lot better than they played on offense. That first half performance was about as disheartened as I've been as a Titans fan ever, and I've seen virtually every single game since 2005. I'm really proud of them for turning it around, making a comeback, and getting the win, but they deserved every single bit of the flack they got from everyone on here in the GDT. That goes for the coaches and the players. 

The Jets may very well have a bright future with Darnold and some of their other young pieces, but that was extremely ugly against an undeniably less talented team right now.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I really need to stop going back and trying to read the ridiculousness that these game day threads are. There's some trash posters that post their typical trash... But there's some otherwise respectable and good people who these threads just bring the worst out of. 

Is really bad to read... 

For instance... This is a trash defense, trash... For a unit that gave up 12 points. F@cking ridiculous... 

You can't go back and read the gameday thread if you're avoiding it for a reason lol. I left in the first half and didn't come back until we made it a one score game in the 4th for that reason, for what it does to others and my own attitude.

50 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Reading the thread, you'd have no idea that :

- The defense gave up 12 points (not funny the pic 6 or blocked punt) and under 300 yards 

- The offense put up over 400 yards 

- The offense came over 40 pass plays to 18 run plays 

- Designed running plays to RBs and WRs went for 88 yards in 17 attempts, over 5 per rush. 

I'm all about optimism, but this game was ugly. 
Even with those stats, it felt like a game where were were down 30-0.  
Offense had no feel to it. 
Mistake after mistake.

The team looked flat early.

Just now, KingTitan said:

I'm all about optimism, but this game was ugly. 
Even with those stats, it felt like a game where were were down 30-0.  
Offense had no feel to it. 
Mistake after mistake.

The team looked flat early.

when KT is ready to throw in the towel....you know it’s bad :D

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

when KT is ready to throw in the towel....you know it’s bad :D

Yeah man....it was very disheartening to watch a team that is making a playoff push come out and get down 16-0 to the Jets who are worst offensively than we are....
We lacked fire. We looked like a team ready pack it in. 

Credit to Vrabel and the coaches for holding it together. Vrabel also seemed to learn from "aggressive" just for the sake of it and took the FG points when down there, instead of going for it. 

But it was definitely a low point for me as a fan to see how they played. 

The game is 60 minutes. Getting outside the play by play minutiae, we were never out of this. Yeah, we looked out of sync early, but you could see we were gonna be in it till the end. 

If you're gonna leave, leave. If you're done with this team, be done. I don't blame you. Don't just say it and not do it. Own up to your words, or don't say it at all. If any of you could actually break free, I wouldn't say I don't envy you... 

Game day threads are just the worst. 

Its a win... Over 300 yards of offense in about half a game, no defensive tds allowed. Chit... 

Oh, and Butler had an amazing game. 1 catch given up, a few big plays... (not that anyone talked smack about him today... At least not that I skimmed through) 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah man....it was very disheartening to watch a team that is making a playoff push come out and get down 16-0 to the Jets who are worst offensively than we are....
We lacked fire. We looked like a team ready pack it in. 

Credit to Vrabel and the coaches for holding it together. Vrabel also seemed to learn from "aggressive" just for the sake of it and took the FG points when down there, instead of going for it. 

But it was definitely a low point for me as a fan to see how they played. 

Out the Patriots game a few years ago... Or the Houston game last year... Or the Bills/Ravens/Colts games this year... This less than half a game did you in? Forget about waiting for the 2nd half?

Out of all the games, I didn't lose hope in this one. I saw we were just inches away from things clicking... And they did... 

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

The game is 60 minutes. Getting outside the play by play minutiae, we were never out of this. Yeah, we looked out of sync early, but you could see we were gonna be in it till the end. 

If you're gonna leave, leave. If you're done with this team, be done. I don't blame you. Don't just say it and not do it. Own up to your words, or don't say it at all. If any of you could actually break free, I wouldn't say I don't envy you... 

Its a win... Over 300 yards of offense in about half a game, no defensive tds allowed. Chit... 

Oh, and Butler had an amazing game. 1 catch given up, a few big plays... (not that anyone talked smack about him today... At least not that I skimmed through) 

It is an 60 minute game and honestly it felt like we played bad for 55 minutes of it.  It just had a bad feel to me. We couldn't do anything right. We had penalties, blocked kicks, missed tackles, old Morgan and Orakpo looking like it. Line not blocking, Marcus scrambling. It felt like Colts and Texans again. Down 16 to the Jets and had no offensive life whatsoever.  Especially being that we are trying to make a playoff push.  

This game broke me early. Just did.  I couldn't take it. Seemed like everyone was screwing up. 

4 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I really don’t see the big deal man. That’s just fans being fans and it’s a forum. No one broke any rules or anything, it’s just frustration. I was even guilty of saying that the games over, but at the end of the day so what? You don’t have to go reading through it or click on it. 

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Out the Patriots game a few years ago... Or the Houston game last year... Or the Bills/Ravens/Colts games this year... This less than half a game did you in? Forget about waiting for the 2nd half?

Out of all the games, I didn't lose hope in this one. I saw we were just inches away from things clicking... And they did... 

Oh this game wasn't anything like those games. It wasn't a LOW like that.  It was just very disappointing to see this team still being inconsistent. 
It was a continuation of everything we've seen all this year. 
Offensively I just can't trust them to move the ball. It is like we are stuck in mud at times. We were throwing screens to Lewis on 3-20 or whatever it was.  We weren't pushing down the field.
Again it wasn't just THIS game, it was frustration with a season of being "inches away."  we should be so much better but we can't put it together all at once consistently. 

And yes GDT are the worst. I'd do away with them if posters didn't love them so much..lol

30 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Man, we were down 0-16 to the damn 3-8 Jets with a backup QB, who have now lost 6 in a row. We couldn't convert a 3rd down until the gane winning drive. To be losing is one thing, but for the Jets to be owning you is ridiculous, regardless of how they're doing it.

Don't act like people were wrong to be upset.

28 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Honestly my man, did you watch the game? Because it was legitimately disgusting for a while there. I'm all about the W but bashing the boys on here for bashing the team and saying GDT's are the worst is just flat out bananas from where I'm sitting as a diehard Titans fan who sat down and watched that whole game blow by blow.

And for the record, I personally never have said or ever will say that I'm quitting on the team or want to find a new team or anything like that. I'm stuck with the Titans forever and have already accepted that, hahaha.

Watched every snap... I get as exasperated as the next fan, but I never felt this game got away from us today. 

Yeah, it got frustrating at times, but you could see we were close to hitting it.  The play calling was good... And it seems the change up front did the trick... And things that were just off, finally fell into place. 340 yards in just over a half of football. 

I guess I get the frustration with the offense, but when people are going off on the defense after giving up 3 fgs at the half, come on. It may be time to stop posting every single thought after every single play. 

We got a win, we're 6-6... And have some momentum going up against the team that calls us daddy. 

Let's take care of this week. Get over. 500 again. Put ourselves into better position and see what happens. 

Archived