OnWisconsin Bored Offseason Just getting nuts with Ls

OnWisconsin-JRS

Green Bay Packer Offseason 

I wanna start by saying this is what I would do not what I think will actually happen but we all know OnWisconsin ain’t seating in the big chair!

Sorry Mike but you gotta go I don’t know what happened but the team just looks flat a lot and I don’t see the scheme that I am looking for. We played LA and they got guys open and man KC looks like they are having a blast so we are going in a new direction.

With that being said THE NEW LEADER OF THE GREEN BAY FOOTBALL PACKERS IS.......

Matt LaFleur 

I know what your thinking this is crazy... But look at the mans resume I think he is the next offensive genius that can challenge A Rod and give us that swagger back. 

Matt and Brian Gute talk and agree Pettine you got the defense and are getting some new toys to scheme with.

Brian Gute sits up night after night and one day just starts going nuts like it was a game of Madden.

Nick Perry and Clay gone

Buluga gone

Totally cleaning house here Cobb gone

Lewis and Kendrick’s see ya 

Brice gone

Breeland gone 

Couple of you can stay:

Wilkerson same deal to come back 

B Bell come back

Gilbert your signed 

And some other small depth guys 

Now let’s go fishing:

Mack you tore us up so we counter..... Clowney come on down and we pay him to be our guy but wait Gute has two hats in his hand wtf is this guy doing.... welcome the Honey Badger to Green Bay ppl.

And a couple days past Gute hears his phone ring from an agent wanting to come to GB Golden Tate welcome to the slot with Arod on a one year deal. Gutey is shaking his head in amazement when he gets an email Shaq Barrett agrees to deal with Packers 

Holy crap he is killing it.

Now the Draft: (used fanspeak)

1A: Jonah Williams Right Tackle 

Falls into our lap and all is right

1B: Deionte Thompson S

Day 1 Safety with the honey badger 

2: Irv Smith TE

2nd Pass Catching TE

3: Bryon Murphy CB

Gives us an option when King is hurt and hopefully we can get everyone healthy. Imagine Jaire, King, Jackson, Murphy with Tramon guiding them 

4A: Riley Ridley WR

The makeover is complete at WR

4B: Marquise Brown WR

Ok now the makeover is complete with the replacement to Cobb. All the weapons ARod could want- Adams MVS ESB Tate Ridley Brown Graham Smith CRAZY

5: Lukas Denis S 

Depth

6A: Olive Sagapolu DT

Clark’s back up can stuff the run 

6B: Dcota Dixon S

We let every safety go and totally redid the room Honey Badger Thompson Denis and Dixon I like it 

7: Trayveon Williams RB 

Could be RB3 

So let’s hear it because I love it! 

Thanks for the fun read! Do we have the money for all these new toys? Love the HC selection and feel that LaFleur with Rodgers would be great. Realistically don’t think we will have the cap for all those toys but I will ignore for now. Now to the draft okay with the early selections and like the TE pick. Not sure how realistic it is to expect Marquis Brown to be available in the 4th.

Overall fun read and would be okay with most of this happening. 

4 hours ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

Green Bay Packer Offseason 

I wanna start by saying this is what I would do not what I think will actually happen but we all know OnWisconsin ain’t seating in the big chair!

Sorry Mike but you gotta go I don’t know what happened but the team just looks flat a lot and I don’t see the scheme that I am looking for. We played LA and they got guys open and man KC looks like they are having a blast so we are going in a new direction.

With that being said THE NEW LEADER OF THE GREEN BAY FOOTBALL PACKERS IS.......

Matt LaFleur 

I know what your thinking this is crazy... But look at the mans resume I think he is the next offensive genius that can challenge A Rod and give us that swagger back. 

Matt and Brian Gute talk and agree Pettine you got the defense and are getting some new toys to scheme with.

Brian Gute sits up night after night and one day just starts going nuts like it was a game of Madden.

Nick Perry and Clay gone

Buluga gone

Totally cleaning house here Cobb gone

Lewis and Kendrick’s see ya 

Brice gone

Breeland gone 

Couple of you can stay:

Wilkerson same deal to come back 

B Bell come back

Gilbert your signed 

And some other small depth guys 

Now let’s go fishing:

Mack you tore us up so we counter..... Clowney come on down and we pay him to be our guy but wait Gute has two hats in his hand wtf is this guy doing.... welcome the Honey Badger to Green Bay ppl.

And a couple days past Gute hears his phone ring from an agent wanting to come to GB Golden Tate welcome to the slot with Arod on a one year deal. Gutey is shaking his head in amazement when he gets an email Shaq Barrett agrees to deal with Packers 

Holy crap he is killing it.

Now the Draft: (used fanspeak)

1A: Jonah Williams Right Tackle 

Falls into our lap and all is right

1B: Deionte Thompson S

Day 1 Safety with the honey badger 

2: Irv Smith TE

2nd Pass Catching TE

3: Bryon Murphy CB

Gives us an option when King is hurt and hopefully we can get everyone healthy. Imagine Jaire, King, Jackson, Murphy with Tramon guiding them 

4A: Riley Ridley WR

The makeover is complete at WR

4B: Marquise Brown WR

Ok now the makeover is complete with the replacement to Cobb. All the weapons ARod could want- Adams MVS ESB Tate Ridley Brown Graham Smith CRAZY

5: Lukas Denis S 

Depth

6A: Olive Sagapolu DT

Clark’s back up can stuff the run 

6B: Dcota Dixon S

We let every safety go and totally redid the room Honey Badger Thompson Denis and Dixon I like it 

7: Trayveon Williams RB 

Could be RB3 

So let’s hear it because I love it! 

Clowney? This guy is injury prone, and has the all the signs of being the second coming of Albert Haynesworth(less). Get a big contract and stop caring. Also, Honey Badger? Another overhyped injury prone guy who will be overpaid by someone. Rather, go after Landon Collins. Get rid of Bulaga and plug in a rookie? Are you that sure the new guy will be ready? Or do you have Spriggs as a backup if the rookie doesn't pan out? Bring back Byron Bell? Why? The guy is not a starting quality guard. So, where are the edge rushers the Packers need so badly? Or is that the job that Clowney will fill? In the draft, you go heavily into receivers and DB's. No LBers or edge rushers? 

So, no, this scenario of FA's and prospective draft picks doesn't seem to be a formula for rebuilding/reloading. More rookie WR's that Rodgers doesn't trust? Getting rid of a very good (but injury prone) RT for an unknown quantity? Bringing in FA's who may or may not fit the new offensive system? And shouldn't PEttine have some input as to who they should target in FA/draft so they fit his system? So, I appreciatiate the enthusiasm, but overall this scenario leaves me cold. 

With the kind of monster DL/EDGE draft coming up and our team getting to pick higher than we usually have been for the past few years, I'm not a fan of signing Clowney to a mega-contract.

We should be thinking of drafting the next Clowney (or Aaron Donald, Cam Jordan, whoever) with one of our two picks.

What makes Matt LaFluer an offensive genius?   Tennessee's horrid offense is one of the biggest reason's their not winning football games this year.  It's bottom 3 or 4 in the NFL in both points and yards.   Nothing about the Titans offense this year has me excited about Matt LaFluer  given the pretty clear regression that's occurred since he's taken control of it.  The offense has looked disorganized and poorly managed all season long. 

On Monday, the failed FB give from the one on 4th down is exactly the sort of dumb, unimaginative play call McCarthy would have made.  Mariota hasn't made any sort of improvement under his guidance this year.

No thanks, not this year given what he's shown when he was given more control.  

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

What makes Matt LaFluer an offensive genius?   Tennessee's horrid offense is one of the biggest reason's their not winning football games this year.  It's bottom 3 or 4 in the NFL in both points and yards.   Nothing about the Titans offense this year has me excited about Matt LaFluer  given the pretty clear regression that's occurred since he's taken control of it.  The offense has looked disorganized and poorly managed all season long. 

On Monday, the failed FB give from the one on 4th down is exactly the sort of dumb, unimaginative play call McCarthy would have made.  Mariota hasn't made any sort of improvement under his guidance this year.

No thanks, not this year given what he's shown when he was given more control.  

I agree about LeFleur.  But...he's got Mariotta over a 70% completion percentage when he was typically a 62% thrower.  Average yards is up a tick, too.  

Corey Davis has made a nice leap and is on pace for over 1,000 yards.

But I very, very much agree that the Titans offense is pretty poor.  Not sure, though, if it is lack of talent or scheme, or both.  

Hey, thanks for the mock.  I like Fanspeak as well and use it a lot.  I like it because it feels like your drafting against others and some of players you want get snatched away from you.  To me it's more realistic then just picking your player and that's that.  Nice job!

On 11/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, Arthur Penske said:

Why would you get rid of Breeland? He’s a starting caliber CB who’s going to be cheap.

gutey passed on the honey badger last season. I don’t see why he’d go after him a year older and bigger contract even if he gets out of Houston 

Did Gute pass on the Honey Badger or did the Honey Badger pass on Gute?

Archived