Jerry has put on his serious face

Matts4313

I'm curious as to what, if anything, Jerry could actually do. From a distance, it seems like article 46 would pretty much neuter any claim he could try to make. I guess he could try to get Goodell removed, but any efforts to do so would require a majority assistance from the rest of the owners, and considering he's making them boatloads of money, it's hard to imagine that happening. 

If nothing else it makes for good theatre I guess. 

3 hours ago, Texasmade said:

I'm curious as to what, if anything, Jerry could actually do. From a distance, it seems like article 46 would pretty much neuter any claim he could try to make. I guess he could try to get Goodell removed, but any efforts to do so would require a majority assistance from the rest of the owners, and considering he's making them boatloads of money, it's hard to imagine that happening. 

If nothing else it makes for good theatre I guess. 

I think "he's making them boatloads of money" may not work but for so much longer. At some point that's not going to be enough. The NFL will pretty much always make money. At some point he will be counter productive.

at some point he's going to piss off enough fans that it will start to be noticeable.

5 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I think "he's making them boatloads of money" may not work but for so much longer. At some point that's not going to be enough. The NFL will pretty much always make money. At some point he will be counter productive.

at some point he's going to piss off enough fans that it will start to be noticeable.

Sure, but that's not terribly relevant as it pertains to Zeke's situation. That will manifest itself when CBA negotiations start up, and yea it wouldn't be terribly surprising if Goodell lost his job then, but that's not happening anytime soon.

5 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

The fans already passionately hate the jackass.  He gets booed more than a Santa Claus convention in Philadelphia.  I literally dislike the NFL more because of him.  He is the "cooler" of professional sports.

I doubt the owners will do much of anything because it would ultimately result in them giving up leverage in the next go-round when negotiating a new CBA. They'll have to know what the players are willing to give up before opting to reduce Comrade Goodell's authority.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:56 AM, Texasmade said:

Welp....

Yeeeeeeeaaaa boi Jerruh got out the big stick and really handled his biz. You guys are right, Goodell is not long for this NFL thing, especially not when he's a mean man to Jerruh, amirite?

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yeeeeeeeaaaa boi Jerruh got out the big stick and really handled his biz. You guys are right, Goodell is not long for this NFL thing, especially not when he's a mean man to Jerruh, amirite?

I get the trollol, but really, you want Jerry to step in. RG needs his power checked.

2 hours ago, Dirk Gently said:

People are watching less. Players are quitting with their prime years ahead.

You can tell yourself what you want about Kaepernick being the reason for the one, but the NFL has peaked and Goodell is hastening the decline.

Do you really sit around and think about Roger Goodell on Sundays? 

Archived