Game 12: Browns @ Texans; the Browns Superbowl.

Kiwibrown

get on that poll.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Baker is...

• GOATy
    • good.
    • Hornbybrown
    • the best thing from texas
    • QB1 (of the nfl)
  2. 2. Browns go to Texas and

• kick name and take ***
    • just win baby
    • Houstans texas wins (refs)
    • hornby2
  3. 3. Who wins NFL rookie of the week this is

• Baker
    • Ward
    • Corbett
    • Chubb
    • chad
    • Callway (he is due)
    • Avery (also due
    • Simeon Thomas
    • kiwi
    • Desmond harrison

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

We're gonna need your help on this one.

I have a baseball bat, some zip ties and an Oriental rug. (Really nice rug, if you can look past the Kool Aid stains). I can only kidnap Senio Kelemete, so that's not really helping...

7 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Awesome GDT.

This game has the possibility of going anywhere from a blood bath to a Browns victory.

There are two factors in our favor, but I don't know how much they favor us.

1.) - Houston played on Monday night. It doesn't happen all the time, but if you are going to catch a very good team on a down day, the Sunday after a Monday has been the ticket. Teams expend so much adrenaline getting up for the national TV game, it can be a while before they "reload".

2.) - Building on point one - all NFL players are human beings too. The Texans family suffered a significant loss recently with the passing of owner Bob McNair. Monday night was their first game since that event. There had to be extra juice running through their veins for that - but now it's back to reality, and the gravity of that loss may be setting in.

The matchups noted by @Kiwibrown in the GDT are extremely valid. Texans pass rush off the edge must be addressed. The best way I see to do that is to invite the pass rush and dump screens behind them. This will not be the game for the deep shots down the field. Everything coming out of Baker's hand must be quick, quick, and then quick. This offensive game plan will put Freddie to the test.

@bosko1616pointed out this could be LAC v2.0. Yup. Denzel Ward will have his hands full with Hopkins. But the Browns front seven is going to have to play out of their minds neutralizing Deshaun Watson's ground game, and Lamar Miller's ability to make basic plays turn into game changers.

I am not going to say that our Browns have zero chance - but they will improve their chances the longer they can hold onto the ball and keep Houston's borderline elite offense on the sidelines. This will be a tall task for us on Sunday.

Finally, maybe this is a slight quirk in NFL scheduling but this is the third game in the last four in this series that will be played at NRG Stadium in Houston. The Texans lead the all time series 6-3.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cleveland-browns/teamvsteam?opp=13

I agree the quick passing short game it's a must. I think Chubb has a big day with a couple of big gains delayed draws that slows down their pass rush too. the defense has get to Watson quick while still containing him in the pocket. If they do,I think Ward will hold his own against Hopkins. >80yards and 0-1 TD would be a win my opinion. I think something around a 34-27 Browns win. 

2 hours ago, Wulfgard said:

I agree the quick passing short game it's a must. I think Chubb has a big day with a couple of big gains delayed draws that slows down their pass rush too. the defense has get to Watson quick while still containing him in the pocket. If they do,I think Ward will hold his own against Hopkins. >80yards and 0-1 TD would be a win my opinion. I think something around a 34-27 Browns win. 

Love the optimism.

We're going to have to find a way to tighten up our coverage schemes and get to the QB a little faster from what we did last week. I'm pretty confident our offense can hang with Houston's D, but their offense has an edge over our D. I think it will be a competitive game along the lines of a 27-24 Houston win.

3 hours ago, dawgdish said:

We're going to have to find a way to tighten up our coverage schemes and get to the QB a little faster from what we did last week. I'm pretty confident our offense can hang with Houston's D, but their offense has an edge over our D. I think it will be a competitive game along the lines of a 27-24 Houston win.

I'd love to see man to man a lot with a single high safety and the 5th guy, peppers, spies on Watson. 

My predictions for the game. 

500 yards total offense from the browns. 

350 yards passing, 150 rushing.

Two wr go over 100 yards including, Callaway who breaks one, and demonstrates why he could of fine I  the 1st if he wants high.

Baker hits 3 tds and an int. 

Game goes to the 4th quarter. 

Browns win of we play great defense and have two game breaking plays on defense from our studs mg and dw.

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

The NFL really missed out not flexing this game to prime time 

Mayfield vs Watson in prime time would be an electricity factory

I think the NFL has completely written off considering us for a prime time game.....for the time being.  

I'm not going to know what to do with myself next year, when we've got a couple prime time games, and I can hardly stay up past 10:00 anymore.  

Image result for damn, I am old gif

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

The NFL really missed out not flexing this game to prime time 

Mayfield vs Watson in prime time would be an electricity factory

I don’t think they were able to flex them. 

I think one of their games have already been flexed. I predict 4-5 prime time games next year 

Archived