Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Bills sign Punter Matt Darr

There was a game he played against the Giants a few years ago, it might have even been preseason, where he was incredible. He had like 3 punts in a row that were over 50 yards and stopped right at the one. Had no idea he wasn't with a team.

What happened to Colton Schmidt? My best friend in HS played college football with him, and my roommate in college played HS football with him lol

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Punter U baby!

What is this, 4? 5? punters in the league. Our offense sure does know how to give punters a shot to show what they can do.

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What is this, 4? 5? punters in the league. Our offense sure does know how to give punters a shot to show what they can do.

Off the top of my head it's Darr, Palardy, Colquitt brothers and Daniel, so 5 unless I'm missing one.

Seems strange to me that Brad Nortman is still just sitting out there as a FA Punter, while other guys like this get signed.  Nortman was pretty darn good for the Jaguars last year.  Cut for cap reasons as the Jaguars went with an ultra cheap rookie this year, but i figured someone would for sure sign Nortman to at least a cheaper deal and have him punting for them somewhere.  Certainly by this point of the year where other guys are getting picked off the street.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

What happened to Colton Schmidt? My best friend in HS played college football with him, and my roommate in college played HS football with him lol

He was cut for Darr. 

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There was a game he played against the Giants a few years ago, it might have even been preseason, where he was incredible. He had like 3 punts in a row that were over 50 yards and stopped right at the one. Had no idea he wasn't with a team.

He was a terrific punter for us. Baffled when we went with Haack over him a year ago, but I guess Gase really wanted a leftie punter. Was even more surprised he's been on his couch this long. Dude was a punting stud for us.

Bills are now on their third punter this year. (one was good and got hurt, the other is Colton Schmidt and sucks eggs)