Week 13 GDT: Do we really have to go to Seattle?

N4L

Who wins?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seattle
    • Seahawks

I am so tired of losing in this stadium. This was the year we were supposed to unleash Jimmy Garoppolo on Seattle and finally win a goddamn game in the state of Washington. 

Instead, we get another week of Nick Mullens. 

Their offensive line has finally figured out how to run block. They have huge running backs who will wear us down and grind out long drives. Wilson is still Wilson, even if we are lucky enough to get pressure on him, he will just spin out of it and throw to wide open WRs, all of which are horrible matchups for our terrible secondary that can't seem to cover anyone. 

I just don't see anyway we keep this game close.  

The best part is, after they whoop us this week, we get to play them again in 2 weeks! Hooray! 

WE ARE THE SAN FRANCISCO TWO AND NINERS 

2-9ers 

Hahaha, this post got a good laugh out of me. It's so on point it hurts. Fortunately, work-related activities are going to be keeping me away from football and the internet until March so I won't have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I hope we lose out tho!

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

One step closer to Bosa. 

Yup. This is my focus now. I realize there are other possibilities, but why not just go with the most established, most well-rounded of all the pass rushers. We know what his brother can do (well, not that Joey has really seen the field much this year...) and some have said Nick is even better.

20 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup. This is my focus now. I realize there are other possibilities, but why not just go with the most established, most well-rounded of all the pass rushers. We know what his brother can do (well, not that Joey has really seen the field much this year...) and some have said Nick is even better.

Given the growing prevalence of the hug technique in the NFL, I prefer speed to power moves. Speed to spin and a few other counter moves are more difficult to pull off when the guy isn't actively trying to get a punch in on you and can keep balance. And Bosa has exquisite speed to power technique. His hands get to your chest on just about every rep. He's darn quick for his size. And strong. And reasonably bendy. Not the longest arms to my eye, or the freakiest bend. Or the quickest first step. But if you give him your chest hug-technique style, he will bury you. He's too darn strong. If you quick set close in, trying to get your butt down quickly to protect against that, he can straight up go by you. And that's going to be good enough against most tackles. He's got a few additional subtleties, but that's going to be his forte at the NFL level, I think. 

Lawd is this man a terror to cover when he has a two way option. Could play him in the slot or on the outside. But it is clear the QB has to stay with him longer on his routes as he originally may not be happen but will eventually get open. Jimmy G and Pettis need to work all offseason in getting their chemistry right. I remember against Detroit when Pettis ran that post route and Jimmy G threw it behind him. The timing wasn't quite right there. Pettis/Goodwin/Kittle/McKinnon/Breida/Juice Check make up a very solid receiving core. Could possibly use a bigger WR, but I don't think it is a big need where we have to take one early in the draft. I wouldn't mind if we go DE/DE with our first two picks. 

I agree with all you just said but one thing, @J-ALL-DAY: It's "Corps" not "Core".  Pronounced the same, yet very distinctly different in meaning. Why? I'll let Merriam-Webster explain: 

Whereas corps usually refers to a group of people, core, a word of uncertain origin, carries the senses “the central or most important part of something” 

Sorry to nitpick guys, but this has REALLY been bothering me lately...:$

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I agree with all you just said but one thing, @J-ALL-DAY: It's "Corps" not "Core".  Pronounced the same, yet very distinctly different in meaning. Why? I'll let Merriam-Webster explain: 

Just couldn't resist bring your teacher skills to this board eh??

Noted though, WR Corps

34 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Unless of course the manner you are using it is to say that they are the "core" of a bigger entity. Since he didn't name every receiver on the team, this could easily have been the meaning. The guys he named are the core of a corps. 

Example: Montana and rice helped make up the "core" of multiple super bowl winning teams. 

9 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I enjoy how you write Forge. It's great how you can have your point be so clear. 

You must not have read everything I post LOL. Wait until you see some of the longer posts. I tend to get lost within myself, missing out on important details and I'm not always the clearest with what I'm actually intending to say. 

But thank you. 

Archived