What to do with Terron Armstead, The Un-unbroken

Dome

Just now, Breesus mode said:

Not really, it doesn't have to be both

Well if that's the case, then yeah you're probably right. But a high pick and a decent player is a tall order.

I would take any first round pick for him based on his injury history.  If he comes back early-ish into the season, 4-5 weeks in and Ramy looks good enough to take over at LT in the long term, I'd probably put Armstead in at LT, Ramy over to RT, and let Armstead finish out the season showing his health and he's still a top tackle.  Then I'd trade him for for a 1st + conditional pick based games started ranging from a 6th to a 4th the following year.

We have to try Ramczyck (spelling) at LT and hope for the best for now. Maybe he can be the future at that spot. I Love Armstead, he is an animal. But he bruises like a peach. Anfernee Hardaway could have been Magic Johnson is it wasn't for the fact that his knees were made of glass. Same kind of deal. I want to keep him, but we have to prepare to move on here. I say Ram at LT for now, if he works there and go T again early next draft and look for another RT replacement. In the meantime, if Armstead gets healthy enough he can still get in. But have to start working on replacing him now, most unfortunately.

The best case scenario is that Ram plays really well and eventually takes over for Strief next year while Armstead comes back full strength. 

Yes its frustrating with TA but he's so young and talented at such a premium position... for me to move on a trade him a lot would have to happen. Ram would have to look like a pro-bowl LT as a rookie and I'd have to get at least a 1st and 3rd for Armstead via trade. While I doubt either of those will happen, let's hope for a speedy recovery for TA.

On 7/20/2017 at 11:21 AM, whodatworm23 said:

The best case scenario is that Ram plays really well and eventually takes over for Strief next year while Armstead comes back full strength. 

Yes its frustrating with TA but he's so young and talented at such a premium position... for me to move on a trade him a lot would have to happen. Ram would have to look like a pro-bowl LT as a rookie and I'd have to get at least a 1st and 3rd for Armstead via trade. While I doubt either of those will happen, let's hope for a speedy recovery for TA.

That's a tall order @whodatworm23 I think a 1st is realistic, but the 3rd is too much for a guy who is frequently unavailable.

Archived